Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Sep 25th, 2018, 5:08 pm
I get it that publishers have zero interest in hosting real content. However, we cannot continue using free sites like Userscloud and Hulkload whose sole purpose is to infect our PC's with a virus or AdWare.

Maybe Mobilism purchase hosting outside of the US, say in the Netherlands might make sense? Heck, I would pay for that as a premium member?

I am ok with ad sponsored hosting. But for a hosting site to purposely attempt to infect my PC with AdWare? No.

There has got to be a better answer.

merry60 wrote:Please follow the instructions in this topic and note the title, thanks: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file
Sep 25th, 2018, 5:08 pm
Sep 26th, 2018, 4:26 pm
The situation with filehosts is indeed very sad, but Mobilism cannot enter the business of hosting files, sorry. There are some better filehosts out there, like zippyshare.
Sep 26th, 2018, 4:26 pm
Sep 26th, 2018, 5:14 pm
Maybe come out and endorse a hosting to your users? Maybe say we at Mobilism suggest using Zippyshare and one other, and do not recommend Filehosts?
Heck, almost run an add we are looking for virus free hosting services for our customers?

I can see why you don't want to be in the hosting business directly.
Sep 26th, 2018, 5:14 pm

Cad Cam
:)
Jan 1st, 2019, 10:23 pm
cadcam wrote:I get it that publishers have zero interest in hosting real content. However, we cannot continue using free sites like Userscloud and Hulkload whose sole purpose is to infect our PC's with a virus or AdWare.
]

If downloading pirated material is a large portion of your computer use, you might consider switching systems to Linux. It can't be infected with Microsoft malware and so far nobody has bothered to program any specifically targeting computers running Linux.

With Linux your days of fear of malware and constant updating of anti malware programs are over, never again will you have to worry about digital pests.
Jan 1st, 2019, 10:23 pm