Feedback or requests for help with the site.

Do you believe old release threads should be locked?

Yes. 7
54%
No. 6
46%
Total votes : 13
Sep 30th, 2006, 12:47 pm
This has been discussed for some time in the Mod Section. Now I want to hear the opinions of normal users: do you believe that it would be better to lock release threads of old versions once a newer version has been released and proven to work?
Sep 30th, 2006, 12:47 pm
Sep 30th, 2006, 6:23 pm
If the newer version also works with older devices, definately yes. I searched an app some days ago and it was pretty difficult to see what the newest version was. Another thing that would make sense is that if there is a newer version, just update the old topic with the old version to the new version. It would be more work but in my opinion it would be worth it if the search function is used.
Sep 30th, 2006, 6:23 pm

HTC Prophet - Windows Mobile 6 PDAVIET 4.0.0.0.3a ROM
Oct 22nd, 2006, 7:26 pm
Modser wrote:If the newer version also works with older devices, definately yes. I searched an app some days ago and it was pretty difficult to see what the newest version was. Another thing that would make sense is that if there is a newer version, just update the old topic with the old version to the new version. It would be more work but in my opinion it would be worth it if the search function is used.

It will take alot of work to update every single app .... for the old ones, maybe itll better if it placed in archieve area ...
Oct 22nd, 2006, 7:26 pm

--Play It Loud ! Don't Play It Low !--
Oct 22nd, 2006, 7:48 pm
desingo wrote:
Modser wrote:If the newer version also works with older devices, definately yes. I searched an app some days ago and it was pretty difficult to see what the newest version was. Another thing that would make sense is that if there is a newer version, just update the old topic with the old version to the new version. It would be more work but in my opinion it would be worth it if the search function is used.

It will take alot of work to update every single app .... for the old ones, maybe itll better if it placed in archieve area ...

I dont see the needing to close the old threads.
When someone is looking for specific program, he has to use "search" fucntion, and he will have the list of threads listed by date (from the newer to the older), so hi will have in any case a good look concerning item searched and what is in our Forum.

Moreover, if he has the necessity to clarify something concernng old version (and this could be always possible) he will have the possibility to post in the right thread.

This is my point of view, of course.
Oct 22nd, 2006, 7:48 pm
Oct 22nd, 2006, 10:19 pm
I agree with Cencio.
Moreover I found very useful, till now, the "service" mods provided linking, at the bottom of old version software thread, the newer release

I think it's much more useful than an unfair lockdown, without a link to the replacement version

One loving user's point of view ;)

..._
Oct 22nd, 2006, 10:19 pm
Oct 23rd, 2006, 7:29 pm
Another possibility is for me to try to make a seperate icon for old releases as well as add "Old Release:" at the beggining of the posts name. Currently, I am having some problems with my computer (writing this from a library) but once I get it fixed Ill try doing that.
Oct 23rd, 2006, 7:29 pm
Oct 24th, 2006, 1:02 am
lifehacker wrote:Another possibility is for me to try to make a seperate icon for old releases as well as add "Old Release:" at the beggining of the posts name. Currently, I am having some problems with my computer (writing this from a library) but once I get it fixed Ill try doing that.

Very very good idea :idea: :idea: :idea:

I think it is the best solution (speaking for the icon, not for your computer problem :wink: ).
Oct 24th, 2006, 1:02 am
Mar 30th, 2007, 4:28 am
cencio wrote:
lifehacker wrote:Another possibility is for me to try to make a seperate icon for old releases as well as add "Old Release:" at the beggining of the posts name. Currently, I am having some problems with my computer (writing this from a library) but once I get it fixed Ill try doing that.

Very very good idea :idea: :idea: :idea:

I think it is the best solution

I agree. This would make it much easier to tell what is current. Perhaps there could be an option to show/hide old releases? Also, it would be nice if the posts were grouped (preferably with the newest version first) so one could have easy access to the different versions. I don't know if this is possible, and it might be too time consuming.
Mar 30th, 2007, 4:28 am
Apr 4th, 2007, 5:52 am
i would'nt say lock them, but at least identify them as being old, the icon change mentioned sounds good.
Apr 4th, 2007, 5:52 am
Apr 4th, 2007, 4:58 pm
There should be different valutation between the different operation systems. A old version could be the last functionally one for an old operation system like Windows Mobile 2002 o Windows Mobile 2003. :)
Apr 4th, 2007, 4:58 pm

timothy, 27/11/2006 - 16/08/2010