Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jan 1st, 2019, 10:14 pm
Hi folks. I appreciate this forum very much, but one thing I have come across is a annoying:

There are old threads with all download links dead and there is no way to report those to get them binned (and the thread starter notified)

It's really not nice that when you find something older there is a chance the links all don't work, plus the listing in active threads discourages people from re-uploading the item. The other warez forums I know all have report buttons so users can help clean up dead threads, this is missing here.
Jan 1st, 2019, 10:14 pm
Jan 2nd, 2019, 12:23 am
That would be because we have another system in place for dead links, including those of both active and inactive posters.

From the eBook Section Rules:

New links requests
  • Please PM the ORIGINAL POSTER (OP) with re-up requests. DO NOT use the report button for dead links. The reports area is restricted to staff only, posters cannot see reports.
  • If you don't get a reply from the OP within a few days (3 at most) you can post in the topic, explaining that you sent a PM and received no response. More information here: eBook Forum Etiquette
    • Note to OPs: ignoring re-up request is equal to ignoring the rules and therefore a punishable offence.
  • If the Original Poster is no longer active or banned (see profile) or not replacing links as per the signature, post in the topic (e.g. "Links dead, OP inactive") so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else. DO NOT use the report button.
  • OPs are only required to replace one (1) link in older posts.
  • Replacing links in Magazine releases older than 6 months is not mandatory.
Jan 2nd, 2019, 12:23 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Feb 9th, 2019, 10:41 pm
This system should be changed. There are so many posts with no working links that browsing more than a year back is usually futile. I cannot imagine OPs liking refresh requests.
Feb 9th, 2019, 10:41 pm