Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Apr 9th, 2019, 8:38 pm
Well it appears that the Chrome and Edge browsers are not always issuing false positives of late. I attempted to download an epub file found in the following thread https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.ph ... Dolphin%3F from the file host Speed4up.com. I bypassed the Chrome Safe Browsing to see what would happen. Immediately Windows Defender blocked the download but not before a Win32 Trojan file was downloaded to my system ie. Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl. It was immediately quarantined. A description of this file can be found here, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/th ... 2147717281. Does not look like a false positive to me and I will now turn back on Chrome’s Safe Browsing feature. Dealing with viruses is not something I care to do.
Apr 9th, 2019, 8:38 pm
Apr 10th, 2019, 6:56 am
Doctor_Who wrote:Well it appears that the Chrome and Edge browsers are not always issuing false positives of late. I attempted to download an epub file found in the following thread https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.ph ... Dolphin%3F from the file host Speed4up.com. I bypassed the Chrome Safe Browsing to see what would happen. Immediately Windows Defender blocked the download but not before a Win32 Trojan file was downloaded to my system ie. Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl. It was immediately quarantined. A description of this file can be found here, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/th ... 2147717281. Does not look like a false positive to me and I will now turn back on Chrome’s Safe Browsing feature. Dealing with viruses is not something I care to do.

The file is clean: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/86909 ... /detection

You sure you didn't accidentally use one of the fake download buttons on the filehost? Cause the actual file doesn't trigger Windows Defender.
Apr 10th, 2019, 6:56 am
Apr 17th, 2019, 9:52 pm
I have been having similar problems to the ones mentioned. I just went back to Firefox for downloading. Thanks for the tip Ctrl + J, by the way, I will try it.
A problem that I have been facing recently, especially with mp3 files, is that although the downloaded files show a filesize, when trying to unzip, a message informs me that the file is either empty or corrupt. Any suggestions on that?
TY
Apr 17th, 2019, 9:52 pm
Aug 7th, 2019, 5:03 am
Yup, graynullfox has got the right answers.

You can use your phone, you can use the browser on your phone, you can use the Mobilism app on your phone.

There are plenty of great phone browsers that will give your a popup saying if you want to download the app or file before actually downloading something from a website. Its Sort Of Like the safe browsing set up on Chrome browser. You get a popup for each thing that wants to be downloaded onto your phone so that way, you can reject or accept the file before it gets on your phone or your phone or device.

I'm using Stargon browser from the play store. It's free, fast, built-in ad blocker, fast and reliable downloader. It asks me everytime if I want to download the file. If the name and size of what the file host website wants me to download, I reject it, if its the correctly named file and file size, I accept it.

Obviously, if you are trying downloading an ebook and it asks if you want to download an apk file, reject it.

There are plenty of great web browsing apps that do this exact same thing of asking before downloading and ad-blocking on the play store. Alot of these web browsers don't just block popups, they block ads and trackers in the web pages too. Again, Stargon browser is great.

You can donate to become a premium member and use the premium links to totally bypass even having to leave the Mobilism web site to download your files (the premium is about 20-30$ a year). Getting Premium gets you no ads, you Don't need to visit the horrible file host sites, and you get WRZ$.

I think someone said to whitelist thingys in your Antivirus apps.

Use the directions already in this thread provided by our fancy pants moderators. ;)

You can use a different browser like firefox, etc. and use the Ublock Origin extension to get rid of malicious ads and trackers in the websites. Ublock Origin even has rules to circumvent anti-adblockers on websites. (Available for firefox and Chrome browser)

You can use a cheap Chromebook, which uses a different file system than android, windows, and mac so viruses have a very small chance of hurting your machine babies. ;)

No matter what solution you prefer, use protection. VPNs and ad blockers.

Ublock Origin (for browsers), Adguard, Disconnect, etc. Many browsers on android come with native ad blocking and can also be used on Chromebooks.

Express VPN (available here on Mobilism) or Nord VPN work best.

There are plenty of antivirus apps on play store and here on Mobilism to pick from that will scan your files, which you can then of course put onto any device without getting infected, including your naughty Windows children.

TLDR: There is always a way. But only if you choose to see the path. :D
Aug 7th, 2019, 5:03 am