Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Mar 26th, 2019, 9:57 am
I'm now finding that it's becoming very difficult to download anything because more and more of the hosting sites are being blocked by anti-virus.

Two examples:
Filescdn immediately gets blocked by AVG, without anything appearing on the screen.
Usercloud gets blocked when you dismiss the advert screen.

There does not seem to be any point reporting these to the uploader as the links are not actually dead, and if they re-upload them they will presumably be blocked as it seems to be the site that's the problem.

What I'm finding puzzling is that no one else seems to be reporting problems. And yet both Filescdn and AVG are common facilities.
Mar 26th, 2019, 9:57 am
Mar 26th, 2019, 11:34 am
This may be a AVG problem. I use Avast and neither host suffer your problem. You may need to add the hosts as exceptions.
Mar 26th, 2019, 11:34 am
Mar 26th, 2019, 11:51 am
Pantyboy wrote:This may be a AVG problem. I use Avast and neither host suffer your problem. You may need to add the hosts as exceptions.

Yes, it looks as if AVG might be jumping the gun because when I temporarily disabled web shield it enabled me to download a zip file without problem.

Scanning the computer after processing the .epub (all antivirus enabled) found no problems.

Thanks.
Mar 26th, 2019, 11:51 am
Mar 26th, 2019, 8:26 pm
I have a similar problem - but with HulkLoad - it only works when I disable my anti virus - Kaspersky - but its the only host that seems to do this to me.

I can't get Zippy to work at all regardless of turning anti virus and adblock off
Mar 26th, 2019, 8:26 pm
Mar 27th, 2019, 6:39 pm
It has become nearly impossible to download any epubs from the links provided on this site for me at least. Both Chrome and IE block them. A few somehow sneak through but it's a no-go for most.
Mar 27th, 2019, 6:39 pm
Mar 27th, 2019, 10:30 pm
Doctor_Who wrote:It has become nearly impossible to download any epubs from the links provided on this site for me at least.

The links provided on this site are many and varied, some are easier than others but all are possible or they wouldn't be allowed. We try to help as much as we can with instructions to download from all of them, but there is not much we can do if the instructions are not followed. In case you missed the help topics, they can be found here:

• eBook Releases: Subject: .exe or Virus warning after downloading an app, ebook etc.
• eBooks Social Club: Subject: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file (discussions)
• eBooks Requests: Subject: Having a problem with an EXE file? READ THIS!

• Announcements: Subject: .exe or Virus warning after downloading an app, ebook etc.

• Android:
Subject: .exe or virus warning after downloading an app
Subject: .exe or virus warning after downloading a game

We cannot ban every host that someone has a problem with, those same hosts get many thousands of downloads every day and some are even requested by users who have figured out how to navigate them: http://images.mobilism.org/?di=DWUH
Mar 27th, 2019, 10:30 pm
Mar 28th, 2019, 2:43 am
merry60 wrote:
Doctor_Who wrote:It has become nearly impossible to download any epubs from the links provided on this site for me at least.

The links provided on this site are many and varied, some are easier than others but all are possible or they wouldn't be allowed. We try to help as much as we can with instructions to download from all of them, but there is not much we can do if the instructions are not followed.

We cannot ban every host that someone has a problem with, those same hosts get many thousands of downloads every day and some are even requested by users who have figured out how to navigate them: http://images.mobilism.org/?di=DWUH

You seem to be calling into question my competency in using your site or more importantly the links it provides. FYI, I have been using your site for years, including the very same file hosts that I am having so much trouble with presently, with no issues. All this changed about a week ago when I began having major issues. Nothing has changed on my end except for perhaps some automatic updates for Chrome or Edge. I appear not to be alone in my difficulties as some other users are reporting similar issues Hopefully one of them will figure out a solution and be kind enough to post it up here.
Mar 28th, 2019, 2:43 am
Mar 28th, 2019, 3:20 am
@Doctor_Who If the issue you're describing is that Chrome is blocking your downloads and saying: "This file may be dangerous, so Chrome has blocked it" the links Merry posted address that. Chrome has been returning this for clean files lately. You can force the download to go through by pressing Ctrl + J and then selecting to keep the file (you can scan the file on virustotal.com to be sure its clean). If you do find an infected file, please report it to the moderators, however we can definitively say that they are very rare (so far in 2019 we've only had one). If you want to disable Chrome's safe browsing, go to Settings, scroll down to Advanced, and you will see Safe Browsing there. If you're looking for a good free antivirus, we recommend AVG or Avast.
Mar 28th, 2019, 3:20 am
Mar 28th, 2019, 5:01 pm
Disk4mat wrote:@Doctor_Who If the issue you're describing is that Chrome is blocking your downloads and saying: "This file may be dangerous, so Chrome has blocked it" the links Merry posted address that. Chrome has been returning this for clean files lately. You can force the download to go through by pressing Ctrl + J and then selecting to keep the file (you can scan the file on virustotal.com to be sure its clean). If you do find an infected file, please report it to the moderators, however we can definitively say that they are very rare (so far in 2019 we've only had one). If you want to disable Chrome's safe browsing, go to Settings, scroll down to Advanced, and you will see Safe Browsing there. If you're looking for a good free antivirus, we recommend AVG or Avast.

Thanks for responding. The issue for me is that the Edge browser as well simultaneously with Chrome is blocking the epub download. In the case of Edge it is performing a security scan which it claims the epub file in question is failing. My AV, McAfee, never gets a chance to weigh in because the offending files are never saved to the system. Yes, I can override my browser’s safe browsing features but it seems rather odd to me that both of them are raising red flags at the same time when they never, never did in the past.

For the time being I will wait to see how this pans out before disabling the browser’s security features. With hackers becoming ever more crafty even to the point of forging site security certificates to trick users into installing malware infected updates I will wait a bit. Fortunately I was able to get 90% of the titles I wanted elsewhere and will get the 10% I am still looking for shortly. It is just a bit longer process.
Mar 28th, 2019, 5:01 pm
Mar 28th, 2019, 7:41 pm
The latest malware for MacOS I know about is an .exe file, Apple uses .dmg or .iso if you didn't know. It's loaded with .sh files to scan /Library then place a folder with a data mine to call back whenever. Point I'm saying... yes they're going above and beyond the old phish login, DDoS, before force, etc.
Mar 28th, 2019, 7:41 pm
Mar 29th, 2019, 9:35 am
I now have a different problem with Filescdn.

After disabling the part of AVG that was interfering with the loading of the Filescdn first page (note, not after a file had been downloaded), I downloaded a couple of files quite happily.

The next day, I tried to download a file and, although the first page appears with the 'download' button, when that is pressed it tries to load a page at 'wwwdl6.filescdn.com, and sticks there until the browser times out.

I am surprised that no one else is mentioning having a problem, but know for a certain fact that my system will work with the site because it did so the previous day.
Mar 29th, 2019, 9:35 am
Mar 29th, 2019, 11:02 am
You shouldn't really need to disable any software, ever. Theres usually ways around everything unless you like reading logs till 3am wondering wtf are these files/folders are months later stashed away in a place you'd never check like /system/paint/temp/A8qu5ieel485cuet/erase lol. Always been easier in my opinion to use Android with Adguard for Android, I never get pop-ups and if they try I get a nice box asking if I really wanna go there.

I'll guess you're on Windows, but what's the network setup..? Browser, extensions, proxy, DNS, firewall, etc? You said AVG... I don't AV scanners, system cleaners, memory optimizes, etc. They're all data miners, running processes 24/7, signaling home constantly, etc and I don't trust them.
Mar 29th, 2019, 11:02 am
Mar 29th, 2019, 9:26 pm
Vetin wrote:I now have a different problem with Filescdn.

After disabling the part of AVG that was interfering with the loading of the Filescdn first page (note, not after a file had been downloaded), I downloaded a couple of files quite happily.

The next day, I tried to download a file and, although the first page appears with the 'download' button, when that is pressed it tries to load a page at 'wwwdl6.filescdn.net, and sticks there until the browser times out.

I am surprised that no one else is mentioning having a problem, but know for a certain fact that my system will work with the site because it did so the previous day.

Filescdn lost a server some time ago and all the files that were on it. They never really resolved the issue professionally, so files will appear like they exist when in reality they do not. It was only one server so most files are fine, but occasionally you will stumble on the exact scenario you mentioned.
Mar 29th, 2019, 9:26 pm
Mar 30th, 2019, 12:37 pm
I am finding the same issues, I am a long time member and have never had as many issues, most recent pages include file hosts that require downloads of junk software or give a warning virus. This only started a few weeks ago
Mar 30th, 2019, 12:37 pm
Mar 30th, 2019, 6:52 pm
TURN on adguard app. Much easy.
Mar 30th, 2019, 6:52 pm