Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jun 18th, 2019, 9:35 am
One of the recent developments has been the advent of "turn-away" sites. Over the years, we have all gotten used to having to jump hoops to actually download a file - sometimes many hoops. Recently, new tactics have "eveloped" - sites refusing entry or refusing to permit a file to be downloaded unless you meet their demands/requirements, usually in the form of removing ad-blockers or accepting a crap download along with the file you actually wanted.

Chief amoung these are the following sites:
- uploadship
- speed4up, and
- 4downfiles
I am certain their are others like these.

I propose a ban on the posting of links to these sites. I think they would get the message rather quickly.

cB
Jun 18th, 2019, 9:35 am
Jun 20th, 2019, 7:53 pm
I find these sites extremely educational. Today I learned how to identify motorcycles, cars, and crosswalks (took me two times). I look forward to jumping through more human-proving hoops to identify store fronts, traffic lights, mountains, bridges, loose change on sidewalks, Google camera shadows, and other fascinating sights. I also liked to play Wack-a-Mole back in the day, so that helps.
Jun 20th, 2019, 7:53 pm

D53
Jun 21st, 2019, 4:50 pm
Phew, I thought it was just me. Until a day or so ago, my various browser attachments had made these pretty manageable but for some reason (changes to firefox? changes to my extensions? changes to the sites themselves) they've become completely unusable for me.

My main junk killer is uBlock Origin but it's stopped handling these sites. I don't get to see the capcha, but then I get a 'wrong capcha' message. Turn off uBlock and half a dozen scumsites are attempting to install malware on my machine.

Edit: I just figured out the missing Captcha thing. Firefox has a new option to stop websites from tracking you. If you put it on Level 2, it hides the Captcha completely. Who the hell thought that would be a useful feature?
Jun 21st, 2019, 4:50 pm

Having trouble downloading from a particular site? Your solution probably lies here:
https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=649944
Aug 7th, 2019, 3:13 am
If you make a donation to Mobilism, you can use the premium download buttons to bypass those junk sites competely (depending on if the uploader provides a premium link, which they Usually Do).

I think the donation range is usually 20‐30 dollars and you can use the premium links on this site for an entire year before having to repurchase. You can even use multiple devices.

You can look into that here:

viewtopic.php?f=399&t=284351
Aug 7th, 2019, 3:13 am