Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jun 21st, 2019, 7:27 pm
I was surprised to see the site is beginning to allow postings of PDF magazines with added pages.
The latest posting for August of Astronomy had two pages added by AVAXHOME, a site known for ebooks and magazines.
I always trusted that postings would not be mutilated like this. Somewhat disappointing.
Jun 21st, 2019, 7:27 pm
Jun 21st, 2019, 8:24 pm
darkrats wrote:I was surprised to see the site is beginning to allow postings of PDF magazines with added pages.
The latest posting for August of Astronomy had two pages added by AVAXHOME, a site known for ebooks and magazines.
I always trusted that postings would not be mutilated like this. Somewhat disappointing.

I would appreciate it very much if you'd use the report button when this happens so we can do something about it, rather than blaming the site. All posters of magazines are given precise instructions and know very well that this is not allowed, we have deleted hundreds of magazines and newspapers for this reason. What is really disappointing is to see that posters 'forget'.

I hope you understand that we do not download every single file that gets posted, we rely on the honesty of posters and on the helpful members who report irregularities when they find them. Thank you.
Jun 21st, 2019, 8:24 pm
Jun 21st, 2019, 8:39 pm
Sorry, didn't even see that report button due to it's small size and my poor eyesight!
I'll use that in the future now that I know where it is.
Jun 21st, 2019, 8:39 pm