Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jun 29th, 2019, 1:56 pm
Anyone have a site to pull music like this has books and games? I have tried IPTorrent for some things to no luck.
I am trying to get the new Collective Soul CD "Blood", and some other stuff.
Thx
Jun 29th, 2019, 1:56 pm
Aug 6th, 2019, 2:44 am
You can use the Torrent Search Engine app and download torrent files, then download those in your favorite torrent downloader app like uTorrent. Torrent Search Engine is great at finding torrents for most music, movies, and TV.

You can also use an app that downloads from youtube as many bands release there full albums on youtube. I use Snaptube to download music from youtube. This app also downloads from other sites like soundcloud and vimeo, etc. But there are plenty of apps that download from youtube that are just as good. All of these apps that I mentioned are available on this site. :)
Aug 6th, 2019, 2:44 am
Aug 6th, 2019, 2:48 am
By torrent search, do you mean like pirate bay? I use iptorrents but they can be fickle about what is on there, and how soon it gets on the site.
Aug 6th, 2019, 2:48 am
Aug 7th, 2019, 1:54 am
Yes, the Torrent Search Engine app will search for torrents using multiple torrent websites at the same time such as Pirate Bay, etc. It searches like 15 or 20 or more websites all at the same time so you Don't have to go into your browser and search each site individually.

Then you can put the torrent in a torrent downloader like uTorrent to download the actual music files that you want.

Also, you will want to choose the torrent that has a high amount of "Peers." The more "Peers," the higher the download speeds you will get. Use a VPN. (I don't know if you know about the peer system, but if you do, good info for someone else reading this).

All torrent provider websites are not of the same quality, no matter how many "Peers" the torrent has. Some torrent provider websites will work better than others. Pirate bay is great and always has been for getting fast downloads. But there are other good ones too.

Using the Torrent Search Engine app is also more convenient because it not only lets you search multiple torrents sites at one time, but it will also allow you to see what quality the files are.

For instance, maybe you want Flac or maybe mp3, or Aac. That info along with the number of "Peers" will appear in this app. Maybe you want one album of a specific artist or their whole discography, the app will find it for you. (Gaa, sound like a commercial ;) )

Also, I love the uTorrent app because it is a very fast downloader and pretty reliable for things like pausing and unpausing downloads.
Aug 7th, 2019, 1:54 am
Aug 7th, 2019, 3:08 am
Thanks a bunch. I am going to try that. Pirate Bay is pretty good but can be questionable on some searches, especially music. Like I said, I like iptorrents but what is on there depends on if someone loads it. Looking for a dependable site- would like Windows but not vital.
Aug 7th, 2019, 3:08 am
Aug 7th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Sorry, the apps I mentioned are for android, but I am sure there are Windows apps that can be used as alternatives for these apps. I don't have a Windows computer so I don't have any recommendations.

But, the Firefox browser usually has good extensions that can download youtube videos straight from the browser. Again, I don't have recommendations for any of the extensions because I don't use windows or Firefox very often.

But yeah, you can try the the apps that I mentioned before and then you can always transfer your music downloads to your computer later on.

They do have a Windows apps section here on Mobilism:

viewforum.php?f=1073

Found the uTorrent app here too for Windows:

viewtopic.php?f=1108&t=3210571&hilit=µTorrent

(Make sure to scan for viruses.)

I hope you find what your looking for! :D
Aug 7th, 2019, 5:54 pm