Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Sep 2nd, 2019, 8:28 pm
A lot of fulfilled requests are not posted as releases - perhaps because fulfilling a request is much easier than making a release, and does not create a future burden. But fulfilled request expire and disappear in a short time, so the releases are better for the site.

I believe that when the uploader chooses so, the burden of the release should go to the requester. I suggest adding a line to the "What to do after a request is fulfilled?" post ( viewtopic.php?f=72&t=19740 ):

If the person who fulfilled the request did not create a release, the requester should (or, "is encouraged to") create a release for the book themselves. See viewtopic.php?f=19&t=397
Sep 2nd, 2019, 8:28 pm
Sep 4th, 2019, 4:47 am
I do understand where you are coming from....but posting releases and thereby becoming responsible for maintaining them is a personal decision and it needs to remain that way.

Not everybody who requests a book is ready or willing or even capable of posting a release and then maintaining it. And it does no more good for them to post it and then stop maintaining it than it does if it just remains a fulfilled request. The only obligation a requestor has is to pay the reward to the person who fulfilled their request and we believe it should stay that way.

Think of it this way...right now there are many requests made and fulfilled for everyone to take if desired. But if the requestor (or the fulfiller) feels they are being pressured to then post the request as a release, people will be less likely to request AND less likely to fulfill because of that sense of obligation that is implied. We would prefer they request and fulfill without any feelings of guilt, just as it has always been done.

We do thank you for your interest and your suggestion but it is not something we feel would be of benefit at this time.
Sep 4th, 2019, 4:47 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain