Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Sep 18th, 2019, 3:43 pm
There is a mix of fiction and non-fiction in audiobooks. If you made a separate section for them it would only impact new posts. It looks like everyone has to list genres when they make their posts and non-fiction is listed as a genre. If genre was added as a searchable parameter under audiobooks that would let people find them/ sort them in a search.

I tried to see if the Genre would show up in a message text search. I chose Non-fiction as the search term, audiobooks as the category, no author specified, and search text within posts. With that, I got 2 pages of results that just had the word "non" (of the Non-fiction) in it but none of them were posts listing non-fiction as the genre.

So, for the future I would suggest creating a non-fiction section for audiobooks and/or adding a genre option for search under the audiobook forum.
Sep 18th, 2019, 3:43 pm
Sep 19th, 2019, 4:00 pm
janiestaylor wrote:There is a mix of fiction and non-fiction in audiobooks. If you made a separate section for them it would only impact new posts. It looks like everyone has to list genres when they make their posts and non-fiction is listed as a genre. If genre was added as a searchable parameter under audiobooks that would let people find them/ sort them in a search.

I tried to see if the Genre would show up in a message text search. I chose Non-fiction as the search term, audiobooks as the category, no author specified, and search text within posts. With that, I got 2 pages of results that just had the word "non" (of the Non-fiction) in it but none of them were posts listing non-fiction as the genre.

So, for the future I would suggest creating a non-fiction section for audiobooks and/or adding a genre option for search under the audiobook forum.

Sorry about your troubles with the search. I hope this post will help, please read: http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=5975934#5975934

You will find more help here: eBook Help Desk
Sep 19th, 2019, 4:00 pm