Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Oct 25th, 2019, 1:33 am
Hi I have Netguard and found these, what are they? Especially the "nobody", some kind of super root or malware? The "hide" seems to be display related.

Is there any comperhensive guides to check apk for saftey? I use Virustotal but it's difficult to understand what all the services, activities and other information means.

I'm interested in learning about application developing, hacking/cracking, security and privacy in general. Any advice where to get started other then searchengine it?

Any insight on these subjects will be appriciated!
Oct 25th, 2019, 1:33 am
Oct 25th, 2019, 7:58 am
how did u manage to get these?
Oct 25th, 2019, 7:58 am
Oct 25th, 2019, 7:39 pm
Some fiile hosts will ask you if you want to download an apk before you have generated a download link. Don`t download until you generated a link. Then look at the apk in a file manager, if there`s no app icon, don`t install it.
Oct 25th, 2019, 7:39 pm
Oct 27th, 2019, 1:08 am
physicx wrote:Some fiile hosts will ask you if you want to download an apk before you have generated a download link. Don`t download until you generated a link. Then look at the apk in a file manager, if there`s no app icon, don`t install it.

Thanks for your reply! I did know about these things and use adblock run everything trough Virustotal and scan my device with AVs. I could still have made a mistake somewhere. Nothing has shown thought. I can only see the "nobody" in Netguards list, not in my app list with show system apps enabled. Do you think it is malware?
Oct 27th, 2019, 1:08 am
Oct 27th, 2019, 4:31 am
NoNameNoFame wrote:
physicx wrote:Some fiile hosts will ask you if you want to download an apk before you have generated a download link. Don`t download until you generated a link. Then look at the apk in a file manager, if there`s no app icon, don`t install it.

Thanks for your reply! I did know about these things and use adblock run everything trough Virustotal and scan my device with AVs. I could still have made a mistake somewhere. Nothing has shown thought. I can only see the "nobody" in Netguards list, not in my app list with show system apps enabled. Do you think it is malware?
Fortunately no. Here`s what it says on Netguard`s github page:

"(67) Who is `nobody`?

"nobody" is the conventional name of a user account which owns no files, is in no privileged groups, and has no abilities except those which every other user has."
Oct 27th, 2019, 4:31 am
Oct 27th, 2019, 10:07 pm
Thanks. Thats a relief. In my searches I found another forum where a ubuntu user had a "nobody" account aswell. Thats all I found. I wonder which app created the nobody account, or is it preinstalled. Sometimes Virustotal says theres a minor warning about apk containing one or more unix codes. Thanks for helping me finding some answers
Oct 27th, 2019, 10:07 pm