Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Oct 26th, 2019, 12:50 pm
Good morning,
This is perhaps a stupid question : but is it safe when a book downloads in a .dmg file format ? do I install it like a program for Mac ?
Thanks for your help,
Dominique
Oct 26th, 2019, 12:50 pm
Oct 27th, 2019, 10:31 am
Dmg, or disk image files are just containers. Whether they're safe or not depends on their contents. Generally, you don't expect a book to arrive in this format, and furthermore, none of the releasers on Mobilism post books in .dmg as it's a macOS-exclusive file format.

What might be happening is that you are clicking the wrong download link on the file host which is trying to get you to install their downloader or some weird app of theirs which probably isn't safe, and I'd avoid it. Using the premium downloader helps to avoid these fake downloads, and you get the actual book file.

All the ebook releases here are either archived in a zip file or released individually in an eBook file format like ePub or Mobi.
Oct 27th, 2019, 10:31 am
Nov 13th, 2019, 8:36 am
I only download from the premium downloader and I periodically get dmg files. So far, they have all checked out okay and have been safe. Don't try to install them - they aren't Mac applications. What I have done is just rename the file with the .epub extension. Only one file didn't work as an ePub and I deleted that one. You can try renaming as a .zip then opening up the container to see if everything looks good inside. Then rename the .zip to .epub and you will be good to go.
Nov 13th, 2019, 8:36 am