Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Oct 13th, 2006, 1:37 pm
Hi all, concerning:

viewtopic.php?p=20382#20382

I pressed (out of force of habit) the edit button, modified the msg and pressed submit. But as I come to the conclusion that the edit button is missing, and I've been pressing the quote button all the time, I've made 3 replies, while I was meaning to edit.

What's up?

Also, I can't view the 'who's online'.. any1 else having these probs?

cheerz
X

EDIT: here the edit button is visible, over there it's gone...

This is the reply I get from viewing the who's online:
Could not obtain regd user/online information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SELECT * FROM

Line : 85
File : viewonline.php

Also the 'delete this post' button seems to be missing. Now maybe these are bugs, maybe they are 'features'... I dunno, that's why I'm asking :D

You know, most computer bugs end up being a nnice feature that enriches the program (at least, that's what the programmers say ;)) hehe

Edit: Feedback: Image
hehe, Also I'm having the same probs 'Twingo' described on this forum, it logs me off from time to time... :/
Oct 13th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Retired moderator.

...and a 'lil ..(big) thank you, to a far away - but always near - friend: Image
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Oct 13th, 2006, 8:29 pm
I'm using the option to stay logged in and thats working for me so far. I do have another issue though. When I receive forum reply notifications, and I click the link in my email I am brought to the agreement page. Even though I am logged in already.

If I paste the url into the browser I am again redirected to the agreement page.

But... I can do a forum search for the thread and access it that way. Or simply browse for it. Needless to say its cutting into my productivity quite a bit.

I'm assuming its a cookie issue.
Oct 13th, 2006, 8:29 pm
Oct 14th, 2006, 12:18 am
The problem with the agreement loading up all the time is my fault. I tried to correct the login issue with cookies but only created another one. I will try to fix it as soon as possible. Strangely, Twingo recently pmed that after he upgraded his pc and his log out problems dissapeared.
I dont know about the view online users problem. I tried logging in with a normal user's account and I still dont have any problems viewing the users online. About Deleting your own posts, thats not allowed. I disabled it because some users might use it to delete their own requests after others fullfilled them so that the user does not have to pay up.
I dont know about the edit/quote problem, is anyone else having this?
Oct 14th, 2006, 12:18 am
Oct 14th, 2006, 12:48 pm
Thx for the reply, m8 :D This is a screenshot from that thread: (while being logged in of course)

Notice that the edit buttons are mising. I only have that problem in 'Software Request' (could be in more, but this is the only one I've noticed it). Do other people have the same?

Also about the smilies? How about adding a few more? I feel like that would brighten up the place a bit, like putting flowers in room ;)

PS.:
lifehacker wrote:...About Deleting your own posts, thats not allowed...

I've deleted some of my own posts already, so this is not the rule for the whole forum. If you intended to make it a rule for the whole forum, you should look into that, because like I said, in some fora I can delete my own msgs...

And the Who's Online is still giving me an error... maybe because of the factthat I have selected to be invisible?

...anyway, just wanted to give some feedback, to make this a better place :D all in all, the best forum I know for PPC stuff, so lifehacker and everyone else involded...thank you!! ;)

EDIT: I just tryed setting the 'hide in online list' to off, but the 'who's online' list is still giving me an general error... (I tried with I.E. & FireFox..) :x
Oct 14th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Retired moderator.

...and a 'lil ..(big) thank you, to a far away - but always near - friend: Image
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Oct 14th, 2006, 4:03 pm
You shouldn't be able to delete any posts, so i'll check that out. If the edit button is gone, then you are prob logged out.

I don't have any problems seeing who is online.. but it's not too many. I guess everyone is getting logged out right away.
Oct 14th, 2006, 4:03 pm

Retired administrator.
Oct 14th, 2006, 7:54 pm
Hm, that is strange that you have been able to delete your own posts.

Adding smilies is not a problem, if you want you can even pm me some of the ones you would like added :D

Is anybody else having the view online users problem?
Oct 14th, 2006, 7:54 pm
Oct 15th, 2006, 8:11 pm
Ok people, the agreement problem is now fixed. Countless thanks for solving it go to our host gnagis!
Anybody still getting problems with the agreement redirects?
Oct 15th, 2006, 8:11 pm
Oct 16th, 2006, 5:04 pm
I'm not seeing the agree page as much as I used to :D So thanks gnagis! Well Done :D

But about the 'deleting my own posts'. Take a look here:
Source

I can still delete my msgs on some parts... :(
Oct 16th, 2006, 5:04 pm
Oct 16th, 2006, 9:05 pm
lifehacker wrote:Ok people, the agreement problem is now fixed. Countless thanks for solving it go to our host gnagis!

Thanks for your work, but that's what I get (Mozilla Firefox):

- I'm always asked for login whatever page I enter
- if entering directly with a list, I see such list.
- ANY GIVEN link in the list I select, I'm redirected to the agreement page, then to the main portal page (NOT the link I asked)

It's only up to me ?

Thank you again

..._
Oct 16th, 2006, 9:05 pm
Oct 16th, 2006, 9:58 pm
I don't have that problem. Does your FF allows cookies?

That only happens to me, whenever the forum gets slow, after that it shows a Can't connect to DB err msg,
then when it's back up, i have to log-in again. But those aren't the same probs
Oct 16th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Retired moderator.

Oct 16th, 2006, 10:09 pm
eXtreme wrote:I don't have that problem. Does your FF allows cookies?

Yes, it does. Both cookies and scripts allowed to ppcwarez.org

:cry:
Oct 16th, 2006, 10:09 pm
Oct 16th, 2006, 10:43 pm
Val3r10 wrote:
lifehacker wrote:Ok people, the agreement problem is now fixed. Countless thanks for solving it go to our host gnagis!

Thanks for your work, but that's what I get (Mozilla Firefox):

- I'm always asked for login whatever page I enter
- if entering directly with a list, I see such list.
- ANY GIVEN link in the list I select, I'm redirected to the agreement page, then to the main portal page (NOT the link I asked)

It's only up to me ?

Thank you again

..._

Have you tried clearing your cookies and other private data? You might still have the old cookie that caused problems. 8)
Oct 16th, 2006, 10:43 pm
Oct 17th, 2006, 8:28 pm
GOTCHA!
Thanks boss... With deleting all those old cookies, now it works like a charm.

I'm logged in yet and haven't got the disclaimer page any more!

Great job! Thanks again

..._
Oct 17th, 2006, 8:28 pm
Oct 17th, 2006, 11:41 pm
Val3r10 wrote:GOTCHA!
Thanks boss... With deleting all those old cookies, now it works like a charm.

I'm logged in yet and haven't got the disclaimer page any more!

Great job! Thanks again

..._

Hehe, many times the solution is so simple you don't quite think of it. Glad it works fine now. 8)
Oct 17th, 2006, 11:41 pm
Oct 18th, 2006, 9:17 am
Columbus and his egg were Italian ;)
Oct 18th, 2006, 9:17 am