Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Feb 3rd, 2020, 2:21 pm
Been a Premium user for the last few years but an not going to renew. Where once the blue arrow downloads worked most of the time I now find that they only work a bit of the time. Typically I click on the blue arrow and get one of three things happening.

1) The download completes with no problems
2) I get something like file not found error 81, even on some recent posts
3) The download displays the download filename, in blue , and shows a 'working' pop-up. Sometimes I get the download location popup, often it just sits there and I have to kill it. This is happening so often these days that I'm giving up. Appears to me that what was once a service that was absolutely worth paying for had now become an exercise in frustration. I now use a usenet server more than Mobilism these days.
Feb 3rd, 2020, 2:21 pm
Feb 3rd, 2020, 6:58 pm
2) Can you please give me an example of a link that returns "file not found error 81"? File not found is a typical error and one that nothing can be done about, since if the file has been deleted or expired from the filehost there is no way for the Premium Downloader to fetch it, but I have never seen an error 81.

3) There are several things in this description that do not add up, perhaps your browser is mishandling something. The "Working" part is what appears when the process starts: Premium Downloader checks if file exists on the filehost, downloads the file to our server, then provides it for you to download. If the downloader displays the filename in blue it has already finished downloading the file from the filehost, and you can either click on the filename and the file will start downloading to your device (if your browser does not start downloads automatically) or it will start automatically (if your browser does start downloads automatically). I'm not sure what you're referring to when you mention "download location popup" or "just sits there and I have to kill it".
Feb 3rd, 2020, 6:58 pm
Feb 3rd, 2020, 8:17 pm
Absolutely no issues here.
Feb 3rd, 2020, 8:17 pm

SUPPORT MOBILISM. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY PREMIUM.
Feb 4th, 2020, 4:39 pm
Here's an example of what I mean (one of today's posts IIRC).

I see 'waiting for mobilism services'

Normally I then get offered a location to download but often now it just hangs at that point. The mobilism services prompt has closed and nothing happens. Here is a snapshot of where I mean

https://imgur.com/yg87nTy

I tried clicking on the filename in the image but nothing happens. It sits there like that until I kill it.

The error 81 deal, thanks for clearing that up. It's download issue that has got me a little frustrated.

Thanks for your help.
Feb 4th, 2020, 4:39 pm
Feb 4th, 2020, 11:40 pm
I tested the release in your screenshot (viewtopic.php?p=6409302#6409302) and it downloaded fine for me. In your screenshot if you click on the blue filename it should download, there really is no reason for it not to. At that stage the blue filename is a direct link to the file. If you'd like, I can take a look at it from your end via TeamViewer and see if there is something else on your end that is preventing it from working correctly. Please PM me if you'd like me to do that.
Feb 4th, 2020, 11:40 pm
Feb 5th, 2020, 12:37 am
I downloaded a random book from today and I got prompted for the download location and the download completed. I tried a second book (Arthur C Clarke - Reach For Tomorrow) which was also posted today. I got the download image with the blue filename but no location prompt. I click on the link but nothing happens. Mobilism knows it's a link because the cursor switches to a hand but clicking on the link does nothing. This has been the problem that's been frustrating me for the last few months and it's just now that I've had enough. It occurs randomly with what appears to be no rhyme nor reason. If there's a workaround then I'll be happy to stay.
Feb 5th, 2020, 12:37 am
Feb 5th, 2020, 9:26 pm
bigbasspa wrote:I downloaded a random book from today and I got prompted for the download location and the download completed. I tried a second book (Arthur C Clarke - Reach For Tomorrow) which was also posted today. I got the download image with the blue filename but no location prompt. I click on the link but nothing happens. Mobilism knows it's a link because the cursor switches to a hand but clicking on the link does nothing. This has been the problem that's been frustrating me for the last few months and it's just now that I've had enough. It occurs randomly with what appears to be no rhyme nor reason. If there's a workaround then I'll be happy to stay.

Check your PMs please.
Feb 5th, 2020, 9:26 pm
Feb 7th, 2020, 4:20 pm
Hi Disk4mat. I think I have discovered the problem. I'm using the Opera browser so I thought I'd try a different browser (took me long enough to think of that!). Using Firefox, so far, I'm not seeing the problem. I've tried a bunch of books and got the location prompt each time. I can't say for certain Opera was the problem but it does look like it might be. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Feb 7th, 2020, 4:20 pm
Feb 11th, 2020, 6:34 am
Glad you figured it out. :)
Feb 11th, 2020, 6:34 am