Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:36 pm
here's an idea. i see in almost every release "please add this, please add that, you wont get any crz$ if u dont".. so. why dont you remove 1wrz$ every time you have to say it? I dont mean for first-timers, we all have to learn, but for those that have posted say, 5 or more posts, they should know the score man. dont get me wrong, iv been told to add stuff to my posts, but i would think twice if i knew wrz$ were going to be removed...

And also you wouldnt have to keep typing the same thing, time and time again, and again, and again... cos seriously, you must roll ur eyes every time you get a new post..
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:36 pm
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:45 pm
Well when mods do fix some stuff up for you they usually deduct like 3wrz, from 15 to maybe 12. If they ask you to do it, sometimes they will deduct and sometimes they wont (depends on their mood i guess?)
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Help mitigate Mobilism's load by donating.
Nov 26th, 2007, 1:19 am
ah i see. i didn't know that. can you not implement something? i mean, im not that great at site development, but i understand you can do stuff like not accepting null values in text boxes, so maybe one textbox for each thing, like one for header, one for requirements etc, and not allowing them to put nothing, except the image value, in which case they can tick a box so it wont put the IMG tag and instead insert a line saying "no screenshot available". That way there would be no formatting problem. so at least its one nag off your shoulder. rite?

To be honest its a little too much to keep in order when your posting if you haven't done it that many times, you forget where things went, mods want the break tag after the picture, etc.. if you did it that way, there would be no choice where any tags went, you could get rid of the bold tags for titles, underline for subjects, etc..
Nov 26th, 2007, 1:19 am
Nov 26th, 2007, 10:25 am
The first times a user is making releases which are not correct, we give them a chance to fix it and learn from it. If moderators still need to modify to much then there will be a lower reward. It's not that difficult to make proper formatted releases, after a few releases most users know perfectly how to do it correct. For the ones who still find it to difficult we have the PPCWarez Releaser Tool.
Nov 26th, 2007, 10:25 am
Nov 26th, 2007, 3:11 pm
the people want individual automatically formatted text boxes! roaaaar!
Nov 26th, 2007, 3:11 pm
Nov 26th, 2007, 3:32 pm
If everything is automated then the rewards could also be lowered due to less work for the users I guess :)

But no kidding, I set up a working release in less then 30 seconds, of course without using the releaser tool.
Nov 26th, 2007, 3:32 pm
Nov 26th, 2007, 3:48 pm
i think the hardest thing for me is the screenshots. not that its hard, but the thing that takes the most time to do. i mean, you find the file, you copy or upload the link, make the overview, its all cut and paste, but you have to make screenshots, put it in the cradle, wait for synchronisation, copy, upload... you get my point.. is there a program that allows you to make screenshots from your pc? and if so, why not link it to the "how to make a post" topic? I do use the releaser tool cos its quicker. I just thought if you pretty much put the releaser tool online rather than as a standalone .exe, it would make your lives easier.. And i understand that people are rewarded for making a post as it should be, but i dont think they would mind losing 1 or 2 wrz for the sake of never having to modify posts 1, 2 or maye 3 times each realease.. im gonna make a poll if thats ok, and ask if they would be happy to wrz$ for the sake of never having to change a post according to the forum rules? is that ok, or am i being a bit cheeky lol.
Nov 26th, 2007, 3:48 pm
Nov 26th, 2007, 4:03 pm
Screenshots from the homepage of the developer will do just fine, there's no need to create snaps yourself. It's much easier of course. But if you still want to make your own snaps, take a look in the Software/PC section, there are a couple of applications which makes snaps from your PPC directly on your PC.

If users really refuse to make proper releases, no matter how much times it's been asked then there could be a higher penalty then a couple of WRZ$.

There are a lot of sites which are just sloppy, where things are hard to find etc, we want to keep it clean so everybody benefits from that.
Nov 26th, 2007, 4:03 pm
Nov 26th, 2007, 4:09 pm
If there is one thing that we do agree on, is that this site is very neat and tidy. Posts do not get bombarded with requests and such like and most info is directly related to the post, which in most cases is handy if you encounter the same problem. In that at least we are in agreement. I salute those that keep it prim and proper.

Anyhow I made a poll.. lets see what happens! i think its gonna be contraversial.. prob 50/50..
Nov 26th, 2007, 4:09 pm
Nov 27th, 2007, 3:13 am
I think that having no penalty for incorrectly posted releases encourages users to post. Releases are the most important aspect of the site, and we should not discourage users from posting them by any means. Incorrectly posted releases will get rewarded less, but the user(s) posting them will not get penalized.
Nov 27th, 2007, 3:13 am

Support developers.