Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Nov 30th, 2007, 1:08 am
i, the beholder of all that is holy, demand a chat room. and, in the name of my holy cat, whom from herein shall be named dave, demand an increase in the strength of the currency that is wrz$. iv been looking for stuff for ages for pocket PCs man, and i can hardly find a peep. we, the holy people, demand more stuff for our wrz$. its a tough life out there. and dave likes kittycat, not tesco's value. and he demands it too.
Nov 30th, 2007, 1:08 am
Nov 30th, 2007, 2:23 am
jayfella wrote:i, the beholder of all that is holy, demand a chat room. and, in the name of my holy cat, whom from herein shall be named dave, demand an increase in the strength of the currency that is wrz$. iv been looking for stuff for ages for pocket PCs man, and i can hardly find a peep. we, the holy people, demand more stuff for our wrz$. its a tough life out there. and dave likes kittycat, not tesco's value. and he demands it too.

We already have a chat room: irc.php
You are right about the WRZ$ though, we do need more uses for it. Right now we have requests, contests that use WRZ$ (and this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34231) but the WRZ$ system is indeed underdeveloped in terms of its employment for benefits.
Nov 30th, 2007, 2:23 am

Support developers.
Nov 30th, 2007, 3:24 am
i have seriously searched left, right and center, and can hardly find an app. i mite have to start coding and create my own.

is it not possible to use a html-based chat-room service? I think it would be a great idea to talk to admin's and other such authorities, which would make the site a much friendlier place... and of course contact creates relationships, which create friendships, which people go a long way to keep! so would create a lot more users that will be faithful to the site...
Nov 30th, 2007, 3:24 am
Nov 30th, 2007, 4:57 am
so whats the app you are after? Did you create a request topic for it?
Nov 30th, 2007, 4:57 am
Nov 30th, 2007, 5:36 am
no i wasn't looking for anything specific, just to add to the site is all.. but its a bit hard lately. its all been added. but thanks anyway thebranded.

@lifehacker - check this file out, and tell me what you think about implementing it. pardon the basic outlook, i threw it together in like 5 minutes.

http://rapidshare.com/files/73247139/frame1.rar.html
Nov 30th, 2007, 5:36 am
Nov 30th, 2007, 5:39 am
Not a bad idea, checked it out and it's a pretty nice idea;)
Nov 30th, 2007, 5:39 am

Help mitigate Mobilism's load by donating.
Nov 30th, 2007, 5:45 am
it is also possible to have away with the textbox completely and just click a button. you just add the files to the textbox through a script and hide it.. then just click the button.. but thats a little far into the woods yet lol.

edit: actually, you could tel phbb to insert the urls into a textbox instead of having links, call the textbox whatever the rapidshare cgi is looking for, and just add the button.. that would be easier. and a lot more simple.
Nov 30th, 2007, 5:45 am
Nov 30th, 2007, 10:05 pm
jayfella, I am opposed to this idea for one simple reason: it is not a good idea to have too many options and a complex interface. PPCWarez is about ease of use and organization. This addition will not save a lot of time but will complicate the interface. Such reforms usually have a negative effect even if they are meant to be beneficial.
Nov 30th, 2007, 10:05 pm

Support developers.
Dec 1st, 2007, 2:25 am
i think you owe my cat an apology.
Dec 1st, 2007, 2:25 am
Dec 1st, 2007, 9:16 am
whilst i accept your explanation, i do feel that an addition such as a single button would not over-complicate a page, but hey, you win some, you lose some.
Dec 1st, 2007, 9:16 am
Dec 1st, 2007, 6:34 pm
jayfella wrote:whilst i accept your explanation, i do feel that an addition such as a single button would not over-complicate a page, but hey, you win some, you lose some.

Hi jayfella,

It's not about the addition of a button. If you put a button that takes you to a chat page, less people will use it, and therefore it's purpose will be defeated. If you put it on every page, it requires more than a button.

We have very powerful servers, but running the board they have high resource use due to the amount of traffic they have to sort and send out every day. Adding something like this is wasting resources as while it may be a good idea, every page would either have to load an applet, or have additional DB calls, which become wasted if people don't use it.

lifehacker was stating we already have a method for live chat, which is IRC, therefore adding a second method is not needed. It's how suggestions work, you suggest, it's discussed, and either accepted or declined. This is just a double up of something we already have, so it was declined. There are sometimes alot of contributing factors that come into play also, like resource usage that isn't discussed but is known to the people who maintain the site.

I hope that clarifies why.
Dec 1st, 2007, 6:34 pm
Dec 1st, 2007, 6:47 pm
coolio. no probem 8)
Dec 1st, 2007, 6:47 pm