Feedback or requests for help with the site.

Would you like to see a new release section here- ROM Releases?

Yes 50
88%
I am not sure 3
5%
I don't care 1
2%
No 3
5%
Total votes : 57
Jan 3rd, 2008, 5:41 am
ok kinda missed the OS section we have, but my point still stands. Its only WM6 thats caused the need for it. if you remove WM6 posts from OS upgrade sectin you'll have 10 posts. mostly for the x50/51 WM5 upgrade

xda has a huge partitipation in the ROms scene because they have plenty of crackers activly working on makeing differnt roms.
We could have the ROm section but it wil not be very active.

can we further splitthe OS upgrade section tothe same or similar catoriges as xda and trial it? if there is enough participation then just move the hole ting forward tothe main page?
Jan 3rd, 2008, 5:41 am
Jan 3rd, 2008, 6:06 am
Actually, the crackers over there are our crackers as well. Olipro, cmonex, and more are actually on here to so i'm sure they'd help us out with that. So hopefully if we can have more crackers that now how to do this to join us, we can be very successful.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 6:06 am

Help mitigate Mobilism's load by donating.
Jan 11th, 2008, 10:42 am
Here is my voice for it. Fantastic and useful section.
Jan 11th, 2008, 10:42 am

timothy, 27/11/2006 - 16/08/2010
Jan 12th, 2008, 11:26 pm
The planning for the new ROM Releases section has now fully began and we are definitely going ahead with the section's creation. Options for release templates, WRZ$ rewards, minimum request fulfillment rewards and other details are now being discussed between the staff members of PPCWarez. If you have any suggestions/concerns for what you would like to see in this ROM section, please post them here. All input is greatly appreciated.

One thing that we are especially looking at right now are the fields that will be required in the release template (example: in the Software Release section the fields are Requirements, Overview, More Info, Download Instructions). Again, please state what you would like to see in the upcoming section so that we can fit the needs of the community.

Along with the new section, there will also be new usergroups- both a Major ROM Releaser position (with privilages similar to the other Major Releaser positions), and a new ROM Builder usergroup (with privilages similar to our Crackers Usergroup).
Jan 12th, 2008, 11:26 pm

Support developers.
Jan 13th, 2008, 1:11 pm
Are you suggesting for eg. (I have mogul 6800 & HP2495)

Mogul 6800
software, rom updates, movies that would work for this model

then have another catagory for

HP2495
software,rom updates, movies that would work for this model

etc,etc,etc.....

It is a nice idea, but most software, movies,etc work on all devices except rom updates.
I think it would be a little confusing and redundant since you have all this already avaviable
in the catagories you already have. If anything "ROM update" section would be a good addition
to what you have now.
I vot yes :lol:
Jan 13th, 2008, 1:11 pm
Jan 13th, 2008, 2:02 pm
No, just the device and whatever roms have been cooked for them...you'll see it soon ;)
Jan 13th, 2008, 2:02 pm

Don't forget to rate the release ;)
PLEASE support the DEVELOPERS - If you LIKE it, BUY it
Mobilism - Bringing the best of PPCWarez to all devices
Jan 13th, 2008, 6:14 pm
studio41: its going to be an additional section, the new order will be:
- Software Releases
- Game Releases
- ROM Releases
- Movie Releases
- eBook Releases

The other release sections will be left untouched, this is simply a new release section addition. ROM Releases itself will be categorized according to the Device Manufacturers > Models.
Jan 13th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Support developers.
Jan 13th, 2008, 6:37 pm
I Voted yes but i'm starting to think we are over extendting ourselves.

As the sayings goes, Jack of all trades master at nothing
Jan 13th, 2008, 6:37 pm

// What the hell do you write in here? //
Jan 13th, 2008, 8:24 pm
Well, it doesn't hurt to try. More than likely/hopefully it will be successful. If not, we can always remove it.
Jan 13th, 2008, 8:24 pm

Jan 13th, 2008, 11:15 pm
Lifehacker. I understand (took a while... :lol:), Im thinking computer too much. Thats a excellent idea.
Once again I vote YES
Jan 13th, 2008, 11:15 pm
Jan 14th, 2008, 2:44 am
Good Idea !!!!
Jan 14th, 2008, 2:44 am

XDAIIs|WM5AKU3.5|OS5.1.195(Build 15698.3.5.0)R4by.Xplode
Jan 14th, 2008, 3:43 am
Great idea! it would be very helpful for all users who seek new ROMs and ROM updates. A lot of users dont know about xda, they only search this site, why not make life easier for them and open this section. I'm ready to help in this new section as i am a flashaholic.
A new topic would have to look like this:

Rom Version: wm6, wm5?
Rom name:
original Rom Cracker: (credits to original cracker)
Rom snapshot: ( a few pictures would be nice)
Rom OS build: (very important in determining whi ROM is more recent)
Rom Feature:(what new built-in apps are found) (is the ROM touch edition, clean edition etc..)
How to upgrade: very important point so that users dont run into problems
Rom download links: (and another mirror)

and that should be it.
I belive this will be a huge success which depends on the number of ROM releasers at least.

Happy Flashing :-)

EDIT: my main concern is when creating "Device Maker/Manufacturer (ex. HTC, Dell) > Device Model (ex. Athena, x51)"
some device manufacturers have the same model: imate jamin = htc prophet = 02 neo xda
this said, we'll have the same device over and over again.
Jan 14th, 2008, 3:43 am

Jan 15th, 2008, 6:20 pm
Great idea! I'm sure the help here will be great, the main problem i associate with rom upgrades. I personally have installed so many roms and had a few hours of stress a few times because something went wrong with flashing, having to use solutions i found on forums for other devices and adapting them. I think help and tutorials should be a must in every release to avoid such problems.
Thanks again to the whole community for offering so many services.
Jan 15th, 2008, 6:20 pm
Jan 16th, 2008, 2:44 pm
i agreed with that....but my concern is where is all the cooked ROM come from??
XDA....or other....if some one is good on cooked ROM i think it will more better...

if the ROM section is built, i will definitely stick on here....but for more info from the new release of the cooked ROM i think i will go back to the one who created the ROM....
Jan 16th, 2008, 2:44 pm
Jan 16th, 2008, 5:37 pm
ROMS will be cooked and come from other sites just like uploaders and crackers. There'll be a similar process. If you upload ROMS, you'll receive something like this "Major ROMS Releaser" and if you cook them "ROM Cooker" or something like that.
Jan 16th, 2008, 5:37 pm