Feedback or requests for help with the site.
May 29th, 2008, 12:22 pm
I realize RSS is down for the time being, but I want to get everyone's thoughts on this feature.

One of the biggests problems with software is keeping track of releases. For windows, we have Fileforum (good but not 100%). PPC software is even more difficult due to the size of the community and the frequent updates.

Enter PPCWarez Software Watch List

A button in each thread that reads "Add to Software Watch List". When a new release is created, an email can be sent.

Alternately...
As an extra option to email, the user can download "watched files" to via RSS.

This is exactly what fileforum does and it would make the PPCWarez community's much, much easier.

What do you guys think??
May 29th, 2008, 12:22 pm
Jun 2nd, 2008, 8:42 am
Strange there are no replies...

For me, RSS is the best - simple, functional, complete. What more could you need? RSS items coupled with specific thread notifications are all you need!

Please, please bring RSS back...
Jun 2nd, 2008, 8:42 am
Jun 3rd, 2008, 3:23 am
We're waiting for server three to fire back up. Server three is our SQL server and has been down for around a month. We're currently running off another server which just doesn't have the power to crunch large numbers of SQL commands at once. RSS and articles involve reading alot of posts at once, and sorting them for you.

I'm sure LH will post an announcement when we're back to full power.
Jun 3rd, 2008, 3:23 am
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:15 am
Great, can't wait... :)
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:15 am