Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Nov 3rd, 2009, 6:53 pm
sdawson wrote:Do you have google gears installed?

No, not that I am aware of. Until now I even didn't know what it is or does. :)

Checked my installed software, result is no.
Nov 3rd, 2009, 6:53 pm

monkey12
Nov 3rd, 2009, 7:06 pm
monkey12 wrote:
sdawson wrote:Do you have google gears installed?

No, not that I am aware of. Until now I even didn't know what it is or does. :)

Checked my installed software, result is no.

I still have no idea what it does :/.

Have you installed any other software recently? Have you checked your cookies to see when the expiry is set for this site?
Nov 3rd, 2009, 7:06 pm
Nov 3rd, 2009, 7:19 pm
Cookie expiry is at Nov 2010.

Happened this morning (UTC+1) for the first time. Haven't installed new software. I will keep my eyes on it. THX.
Nov 3rd, 2009, 7:19 pm

monkey12
Nov 4th, 2009, 10:33 pm
sdawson wrote:.. Have you checked your cookies ... ?

Hi SD

After deleting of all the ppcwarez cookies I found in my browser cache yesterday evening (yes, found more than one :o ), I haven't been logged out anymore and all seems to work fine again (hopefully). :)
Nov 4th, 2009, 10:33 pm

monkey12
Nov 4th, 2009, 11:11 pm
monkey12 wrote:
sdawson wrote:.. Have you checked your cookies ... ?

Hi SD

After deleting of all the ppcwarez cookies I found in my browser cache yesterday evening (yes, found more than one :o ), I haven't been logged out anymore and all seems to work fine again (hopefully). :)

That's good to hear monkey :). One of them may have been stale.
Nov 4th, 2009, 11:11 pm
Nov 5th, 2009, 4:17 pm
It's quite annoying. I still need to clear my cookies to login everytime when I use firefox. If I use Chromium I have no problems... :?
Nov 5th, 2009, 4:17 pm

OLDImage
Don't forget to rate the releases you use!
Report spam and " thank you " post using the report button!
Wanna talk with the Admins, Mods, users, VIPs, and others? Join the IRC channel!

My IRC Bot: http://www.levbot.tk/ <-- Not a redirecting one... :lol:
Thanks to ga!nusha for my great avatar!
Nov 5th, 2009, 8:26 pm
levex wrote:It's quite annoying. I still need to clear my cookies to login everytime when I use firefox. If I use Chromium I have no problems... :?

That would mean the problem is with your browser. I can't fix that.
Nov 5th, 2009, 8:26 pm
Dec 16th, 2009, 12:59 am
I notice when replying to a post, that the font colour selection is tiny and cant choose a colour
Dec 16th, 2009, 12:59 am
Dec 16th, 2009, 2:31 am
XVI wrote:I notice when replying to a post, that the font colour selection is tiny and cant choose a colour

What browser?
Dec 16th, 2009, 2:31 am
Dec 16th, 2009, 2:40 am
sdawson wrote:
XVI wrote:I notice when replying to a post, that the font colour selection is tiny and cant choose a colour

What browser?

Firefox. It does flash for a second the right size but goes to a very tiny pic

Dec 16th, 2009, 2:40 am
Dec 16th, 2009, 6:36 pm
Has this only been since the upgrade? Or in the last day?
Dec 16th, 2009, 6:36 pm
Feb 5th, 2010, 6:49 pm
@sdawson

Hi

Strange things do happen since some time (since some days or a week :( ) when I'm on my way through the forum. After some reading in a thread and jumping to other thread pages or the next page the connection to the forum gets suddenly broken. A reconnect to ppcwrz isn't possible while getting the message from my browser, that the site/url couldn't be found. This happens at regular intervals.

I then found out, that obviously my IP address was blacklisted/ blocked on ppcwrz server from such a moment on. Pinging ppcwarez.org site wasn't possible anymore.

To verify the blacklisting of my IP (I had this idea today) I fetched a new IP address from my ISP and after that I could make a reconnect to the site immediately. So my theory was confirmed (I'm using IE 8 and Firefox 3.5.7).

What do you mean about that? Surely I'm not a "DDOSer" and truly don't want to act like such a fu**er. :)

Do other people experience the same behaviour?
Feb 5th, 2010, 6:49 pm

monkey12
Feb 5th, 2010, 7:31 pm
Yes, last time the site is sometimes really slow and sometimes it is suddenly broken / disconnected.

Larry
Feb 5th, 2010, 7:31 pm
Feb 5th, 2010, 8:46 pm
I've upped the number of connections you can make before the server thinks you're attacking it. Let me know if the problems continue.
Feb 5th, 2010, 8:46 pm
Feb 5th, 2010, 8:47 pm
sdawson wrote:I've upped the number of connections you can make before the server thinks you're attacking it. Let me know if the problems continue.

Thanks. I will try for some time and report.
Feb 5th, 2010, 8:47 pm

monkey12