Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Aug 27th, 2008, 7:02 am
This is a continuation of the topic originally started here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27166

For the last three days, since we moved hosts has been all about optimization of the new servers. I am now semi-satisfied with the way it's running, but there will still be errors I need to iron out. Hopefully this topic will stop the numerous topics starting all around the forum in various places and localize them so you can see the status of your fault.

Please reply to this post if you find an error with the site (this includes any phpBB3 issue), or if the speed is unbearably slow. Please only post if you have an error, and do not place general feedback in this topic. If you would like to make a general comment on the site, or want to ask a question then please post a topic in the Suggestions/Feedback forum, located here.

If you are replying with an error, please include the following details:
* Error details (what do you see, how do we reproduce it, etc)
* Number of users online (if the error doesn't stop you from seeing this information)
* Time/date of event (and GMT offset of your timezone)
* Copy/paste any error returned by the site, and stick it in [code]
* If it's an ongoing issue, or does it only happen sometimes

If you are replying because the site is really slow, please include the following details:
* Number of users online
* Time/date of the event (and GMT offset of your timezone)
* If it's an ongoing issue, if not, what times GMT do you notice it most
* Estimate of page loading times (from click -> page appearing, not fully loading images etc)
* Are the pages, themselves slow to load, or just the images on them? (we have 2 dynamic content server, and 2 static content servers, please read the bottom of this post for a better explanation)
* Average results when pinging forum.ppcwarez.org, and the ip the round robin is returning (dynamic content servers)
* Average results when pinging static.ppcwarez.org, and the ip the round robin is returning (static content servers)
- Click here for information on how to ping a website.

If you reply to this post, and your reply is deleted, don't take it personally, it either didn't contain information we need, or revealed personal information about you we want to protect.

We really do appreciate all your help, and your loyalty through all the hard times we have had. We are definitely trying to provide the best service for everyone and we apologize for the ups and down the server has had lately. Your feedback enables us to get the site running the way we all want it too :).

The current list of unresolved issues:
  • No current issues outstanding

The current list of resolved issues:
  • Truncated URLs (with ... in the middle because they're too long) don't restore themselves when editing post
  • Topic preview script for IE
  • Smilies and other icons not appearing correctly
  • Images not showing in posts after upload
  • Polls are messed up, showing huge images on big votes
  • Page numbers not appearing at the top of some multi-page scripts
  • RS mod for VIP (even though this wasn't working 100% before the site went down)

Thanks,
sdawson

DNS, DB or HTTPd slowing site down?
When you click a link, the status bar at the bottom of your browser will show a few bits of useful information if the site is running slow, usually these are:
* Connecting to forum.ppcwarez.org
* Connected to forum.ppcwarez.org
* Read forum.ppcwarez.org
* Waiting for forum.ppcwarez.org
* Transferring data from forum.ppcwarez.org

The first 2, connecting and connected are the result of the DNS server telling your browser where to go.
The second 2, read and waiting is the site waiting for the DB server to respond to it's request.
The last 1, transferring data is the httpd server sending you the information.

If the site is slow, please let me know which step your browser is waiting for, this will help me identify what the problem is.
Aug 27th, 2008, 7:02 am
Aug 27th, 2008, 11:12 am
I have problems with the pictures which i have uploaded to our servers. I upload a picture and then i put it in my topic, but in the topic i can only see the phrase Image, but not the pictures.
Aug 27th, 2008, 11:12 am

timothy, 27/11/2006 - 16/08/2010
Aug 27th, 2008, 11:31 am
timothy wrote:I have problems with the pictures which i have uploaded to our servers. I upload a picture and then i put it in my topic, but in the topic i can only see the phrase Image, but not the pictures.

Images come from our static servers, but they're uploaded to our dynamic server. It may take up to 2 minutes from the time you upload, to the time the picture shows when you view the topic. If you have waited more than 2 minutes, then give me the post, and I will look into it.
Aug 27th, 2008, 11:31 am
Aug 27th, 2008, 5:45 pm
Perhaps no big deal, but since this morning all smilie icons and the icons on the "report/delete this post" buttons are missing ?
Aug 27th, 2008, 5:45 pm

monkey12
Aug 28th, 2008, 12:37 am
monkey12 wrote:Perhaps no big deal, but since this morning all smilie icons and the icons on the "report/delete this post" buttons are missing ?

Resolved.
Aug 28th, 2008, 12:37 am
Aug 30th, 2008, 3:00 pm
I have problems with the three 3 rapidshare.com premium accounts at the end of the pages. All the rapidshare download which i make with the sites are corrupted. Can´t extract them. When i use my personal premium account or the free user the files are ok, but when i download them with the site all files are corrupted.
Aug 30th, 2008, 3:00 pm

Aug 31st, 2008, 1:22 am
timothy wrote:I have problems with the three 3 rapidshare.com premium accounts at the end of the pages. All the rapidshare download which i make with the sites are corrupted. Can´t extract them. When i use my personal premium account or the free user the files are ok, but when i download them with the site all files are corrupted.

The RS mod is already on the list of unresolved issues in the first post of this thread. I am looking into it.
Aug 31st, 2008, 1:22 am
Aug 31st, 2008, 11:12 am
RS mod issued should be resolved.
Aug 31st, 2008, 11:12 am
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:38 am
sdawson wrote:RS mod issued should be resolved.

I have the problems that the Daily bandwidth available is lower, but the file is 0 KB. Can't download with RS mod. Don't know why. I am using Firefox 3.0.1 :(

With Internet Explorer 7 it works :(
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:38 am

Sep 3rd, 2008, 8:46 am
Topic preview for IE fixed. Can someone please test in Opera?
Sep 3rd, 2008, 8:46 am
Sep 3rd, 2008, 5:23 pm
sdawson wrote:Topic preview for IE fixed....

Thank you for your untiring effort.
Sep 3rd, 2008, 5:23 pm

monkey12
Sep 6th, 2008, 11:37 am
sdawson wrote:Topic preview for IE fixed. Can someone please test in Opera?
i used Opera v9.51 just to test it. although topic preview was enabled in UCP, it didn't work at all.
Sep 6th, 2008, 11:37 am

Master rules and guidelines by reading Mobilism FAQ.
Download PPCWarez Releaser - A tool for posting releases the easy way!
Your requests will be fulfilled! Visit Mobilism Services
Sep 8th, 2008, 4:51 pm
help please,

Scusatemi ma per spiegare cosa mi succede devo usare l'italiano.

Da quando ppcwarez è di nuovo online non riesco più ad accedervi con il mio computer.
La cosa strana è che ci riesco con altri computer della mia rete e che hanno lo stesso indirizzo IP.

L'unica cosa che mi viene in mente è che, tempo fa, durante un altro periodo offline, venne detto da qualcuno di modificare un file per poter accedere a ppcwarez, cosa che io feci e infatti accedevo tranquillamente.
Probabilmente dipende da quella modifica, ma io non ricordo più qual'è!
Qualcuno può aiutarmi?
Grazie
Sep 8th, 2008, 4:51 pm

Sep 8th, 2008, 6:09 pm
alfofiore wrote:help please,

Scusatemi ma per spiegare cosa mi succede devo usare l'italiano.

Da quando ppcwarez è di nuovo online non riesco più ad accedervi con il mio computer.
La cosa strana è che ci riesco con altri computer della mia rete e che hanno lo stesso indirizzo IP.

L'unica cosa che mi viene in mente è che, tempo fa, durante un altro periodo offline, venne detto da qualcuno di modificare un file per poter accedere a ppcwarez, cosa che io feci e infatti accedevo tranquillamente.
Probabilmente dipende da quella modifica, ma io non ricordo più qual'è!
Qualcuno può aiutarmi?
Grazie

The file is C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Remove any line with 'ppcwarez.org' in it.
Sep 8th, 2008, 6:09 pm