Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Sep 13th, 2009, 2:14 am
cyclo wrote:
sdawson wrote:I did synchronize which is what caused the post count to drop for a lot of users.

I dont know the phpbb at all (familiar with mybb) but i think most of the board scripts are close to each other.
i heard that the admin cp of phpbb is quite a small chaos :)

so back to the problem... all of the posts are in the database right?
so phpbb isnt able to get the correct post count by synchronizing?

There is no problem with the post count, it changes as old topics get pruned etc but I resynced it a while ago and it's close to correct.

For example you're showing 811 posts, I click your profile and search your posts (I have access to all forums remember, so may see some posts you can't), I get 'Search found 780 matches'. It means the post sync is out by 31 posts. Which would generally be caused by pruning over the last few months.
Sep 13th, 2009, 2:14 am
Sep 13th, 2009, 12:32 pm
Mhh but ive had quite a lot more before... and i remember the number of posts of Guy or LH.
Guy lost about some thousands... so i dont think its "close to correct".

My only intention is to understand the "technical" background of this issue and the way how to deal with it, im also running a board (mybb).
Sep 13th, 2009, 12:32 pm
Sep 13th, 2009, 7:57 pm
cyclo wrote:Mhh but ive had quite a lot more before... and i remember the number of posts of Guy or LH.
Guy lost about some thousands... so i dont think its "close to correct".

My only intention is to understand the "technical" background of this issue and the way how to deal with it, im also running a board (mybb).

As the forum is pruned, you lose posts. This however does not affect your post counter until I resync the forum again. When I resynced the forum it actually counted how many posts were on the board which each user had made. Due to a whole lot being pruned, everyone's number went down.
Sep 13th, 2009, 7:57 pm
Sep 13th, 2009, 10:15 pm
So i understand.. i didnt know that you pruned the forum.
Is there any reason to prune a forum except to keep it (and the db) cleaner?
i think your servers are capable enough arent they?
Sep 13th, 2009, 10:15 pm
Sep 14th, 2009, 2:04 am
cyclo wrote:So i understand.. i didnt know that you pruned the forum.
Is there any reason to prune a forum except to keep it (and the db) cleaner?
i think your servers are capable enough arent they?

Because our database size is huge, and posts which are irrelevant, such as filled requests are pruned when they've been sitting there for a long time.

The last time I resynchronized was when I changed the structure of the database, but this has only happened once in 3 years.
Sep 14th, 2009, 2:04 am
Sep 30th, 2009, 1:30 pm
Well I wanted to double check. Every other site I have been on works fine with no problems. So I am guessing its a Gendub issue. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt jumping the gun in blaming the Gendub server.
Sep 30th, 2009, 1:30 pm
Oct 10th, 2009, 2:40 pm
I get the following error when trying to open ppcwarez.info (status site):

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111
Oct 10th, 2009, 2:40 pm

monkey12
Oct 11th, 2009, 12:41 am
monkey12 wrote:I get the following error when trying to open ppcwarez.info (status site):

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

Hmmm, what did you do to it?!

Fixed...
Oct 11th, 2009, 12:41 am
Oct 11th, 2009, 8:14 am
sdawson wrote:
monkey12 wrote:I get the following error when trying to open ppcwarez.info (status site):

Hmmm, what did you do to it?!

Me? Nothing. :lol:

But obviously, there has been a DNS problem yesterday during 1 or 2 hours? Neither the forum nor the info site could be reached (no DNS resolving at all). After it was obviously fixed after some time I recovered the problem with the ppcwarez.info site.

Thanks.
Oct 11th, 2009, 8:14 am

monkey12
Oct 11th, 2009, 8:20 am
I just registered a few days ago and since the beginning I noticed that when I log on in the afternoon or evening CET browsing the site is really really slow and often I hit timeouts; it might be related to the number of users logged in at the same time; also it takes forever to load a page and the pictures are missing.In the morning, like right now, everything works really well and I can browse the forum smoothly. ciao, Pietro
Oct 11th, 2009, 8:20 am
Oct 11th, 2009, 5:48 pm
as stated in the previous email thsi si one of the error messages i get in the evening CET

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

If you refresh and this error is still here, we may be working on the site. You can check the status page here: http://www.ppcwarez.info/

refreshing didn't help so I just reopened the home page and started browsing from there.
probably limiting the access to registered users only might help. ciao
Oct 11th, 2009, 5:48 pm
Oct 16th, 2009, 10:42 pm
Hmm, I have to login every time when I come back to the site (doesn't log me on automatically although the option was checked).

And another strange thing with the user statistics:

Code: Select allIn total there are 20223 users online :: 176 registered, 19 hidden and 20028 guests (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
Most users ever online was 20227 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Is it true? :lol:
Oct 16th, 2009, 10:42 pm

monkey12
Oct 17th, 2009, 12:28 am
I upgraded PHP, and that always seems to happen when I do a live upgrade (while users are still using the site). When the sessions table settles down I will fix the login problem.
Oct 17th, 2009, 12:28 am
Oct 17th, 2009, 3:00 am
Ok, the logout issue for search and coming back to the site have both been fixed.
Oct 17th, 2009, 3:00 am
Oct 17th, 2009, 7:45 am
Thank you SD, running OK.
Oct 17th, 2009, 7:45 am

monkey12