Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jul 6th, 2009, 2:31 am
UserPPC wrote:Still have the incorrect post count. Not that I can't work my way back to where I was, but it may be more wide-spread then just my account so I wanted to let you know it still hasn't been adjusted. :D

As stated previously in this thread, it's not an error, so there is no need to fix it. Manually adjusting your post count will just throw it out again when we resync the database.
Jul 6th, 2009, 2:31 am
Jul 6th, 2009, 2:32 am
I lost around 500+ posts if i recall correctly when we had to do a server backup months ago. Where was your count at (not that it's fixable afaik)?

edit: now that you mention it, i had a look at my post count and i think i just lost another ~800.
Jul 6th, 2009, 2:32 am

Help mitigate Mobilism's load by donating.
Jul 6th, 2009, 2:33 am
I figured you were on top of it; sorry if I insinuated anything but such. You're doing a great job. Maybe sometime we'll see the previously requested Movie Releases PHP/RSS? I don't know where I posted it, but it was talked about a few times. It would aide me in posting mirrors to new releases and be able to stay on top of it better. Just a thought, now that we have great servers working really well. I'm just happy that this site is in its current state. Faster than ever before. *Hat's Off*
Jul 6th, 2009, 2:33 am

Thanks,
Andrew,
Jul 6th, 2009, 2:35 am
kareem wrote:I lost around 500+ posts if i recall correctly when we had to do a server backup months ago. Where was your count at (not that it's fixable afaik)?

About the same. I think I had about 1200-1400. I am pretty sure it wasn't above 1400, and know it was at least 1000. I posted several months ago to LH about my VIP status and having 1000 posts, so it was quite a while ago.
Jul 6th, 2009, 2:35 am

Thanks,
Andrew,
Jul 6th, 2009, 2:50 am
UserPPC wrote:
kareem wrote:I lost around 500+ posts if i recall correctly when we had to do a server backup months ago. Where was your count at (not that it's fixable afaik)?

About the same. I think I had about 1200-1400. I am pretty sure it wasn't above 1400, and know it was at least 1000. I posted several months ago to LH about my VIP status and having 1000 posts, so it was quite a while ago.

Yeah i was nearing 1800 post
Jul 6th, 2009, 2:50 am
Jul 6th, 2009, 3:11 am
UserPPC wrote:I figured you were on top of it; sorry if I insinuated anything but such. You're doing a great job. Maybe sometime we'll see the previously requested Movie Releases PHP/RSS? I don't know where I posted it, but it was talked about a few times. It would aide me in posting mirrors to new releases and be able to stay on top of it better. Just a thought, now that we have great servers working really well. I'm just happy that this site is in its current state. Faster than ever before. *Hat's Off*

I don't know where everyone's posts went. I dropped like 20 posts in total. The only thing I can think was they were in purged forums, or deleted/moved to recycle bin topics/posts. The database has never been resynced, so we're talking 3 years of topics/posts which were being counted.

As for the RSS we have it. I don't see why it keeps being requested. Click 'Syndication' up the top, and select just the movies forum.
Jul 6th, 2009, 3:11 am
Jul 6th, 2009, 4:30 am
sdawson,
It's possible. Though I don't know how 400-600 of my posts were in deleted or closed threads, even over the past 3 years. But like I said, as long as you are aware of it I know I will get back up there.

About the RSS Feed - I mainly would like to see a Releases-like link. I just like that format, and it helps me when I get behind a day or so, to have them organized by release date like the Main Releases is.
If that is too much to ask, I will use the RSS - I just really like that structure.
Jul 6th, 2009, 4:30 am

Thanks,
Andrew,
Jul 6th, 2009, 4:43 am
UserPPC wrote:sdawson,
It's possible. Though I don't know how 400-600 of my posts were in deleted or closed threads, even over the past 3 years. But like I said, as long as you are aware of it I know I will get back up there.

About the RSS Feed - I mainly would like to see a Releases-like link. I just like that format, and it helps me when I get behind a day or so, to have them organized by release date like the Main Releases is.
If that is too much to ask, I will use the RSS - I just really like that structure.

So you want articles for the movies forum? Syndication is done in XML/RSS format, which is specified by w3c, not by my design.
Jul 6th, 2009, 4:43 am
Jul 6th, 2009, 4:53 am
the font is big everywhere on the board
Jul 6th, 2009, 4:53 am
Jul 6th, 2009, 5:41 am
XVI wrote:the font is big everywhere on the board

Are you getting any errors at the top of the page about headers already being sent?

Did you hit ctrl+ a whole lot of times?

Can you be more specific?
Jul 6th, 2009, 5:41 am
Jul 6th, 2009, 5:56 am
well the ctrl- fixed it.
Learn something everyday
Jul 6th, 2009, 5:56 am
Jul 6th, 2009, 6:09 am
sdawson wrote:
UserPPC wrote:sdawson,

So you want articles for the movies forum? Syndication is done in XML/RSS format, which is specified by w3c, not by my design.

Yes, this is what I originally and still would like to have. :)
Jul 6th, 2009, 6:09 am

Thanks,
Andrew,
Jul 6th, 2009, 6:57 am
UserPPC wrote:Still have the incorrect post count...

Is it really "incorrect"? I also lost about half of my post count, but discovered in the past, that with every new post the counter was increased by two. :)

Now the "wrong" counting seems to be corrected. :wink:

If I search for my old posts, I practically get them all back until that date, I registered here at ppcwrz.
Jul 6th, 2009, 6:57 am

monkey12
Jul 6th, 2009, 8:19 pm
monkey12 wrote:

Is it really "incorrect"? I also lost about half of my post count, but discovered in the past, that with every new post the counter was increased by two. :)

If I search for my old posts, I practically get them all back until that date, I registered here at ppcwrz.

Yes, I should be at like 1400+ now and am still not even at 900. My count only went up once by posting this reply.
Jul 6th, 2009, 8:19 pm

Thanks,
Andrew,
Jul 6th, 2009, 9:44 pm
UserPPC wrote:
monkey12 wrote:

Yes, I should be at like 1400+ now and am still not even at 900. My count only went up once by posting this reply.

I think the point Monkey is making is that if I click your profile, and I click 'Search users posts' I get this in return:
Search found 855 matches
Your post count shows 859 however, which means 4 of the posts you have made since I resync the database have been lost through attrition which is generally by purging of forums. Since I resynced the DB about 3 days ago, you're 4 posts up, you can imaging what the difference would be over 2-3 years.

A long time in the past, about late 2007ish there was also an error where post counts were going up by 2, which monkey remembers. I fixed the error when we migrated to phpBB3.

The post counts are not going to be changed, so this is the end of discussion. The resync had to be completed, or the forum would be out of sync just to save user post counts which would lead to other errors, which I would then have to resync the DB to fix.
Jul 6th, 2009, 9:44 pm