Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jun 20th, 2013, 10:16 am
Please don't upload links to rapidgator and novafile
those are the worst file hosts for free users.
How about using hugefiles mediafire ubuntu one etc instead?
Jun 20th, 2013, 10:16 am
Jun 26th, 2013, 2:58 am
I would like to second this whole heartedly.
I ran into an uploader today who ONLY uploads to rapidgator and novafile. Novafile said only premium users only. When I tried the rapidgator link it told me my captcha has expired and I would have to wait 2 hours for the next chance to download. He downloaded the entire series in separate threads so I have no idea how i will manage to download them without tearing out my hair.

WHY are these such popular places to upload to? I understand that these may be easier to use when you are a premium user but can we keep the non-premium user in mind as well?

There are a ton of really easy uploader sites such as:
No account necessary to even upload!
http://www1.datafilehost.com/
http://www.sendspace.com/
http://www.zippyshare.com/

http://ge.tt/ is also nice but you do need an account.

At the very least can we have a poll/thread/discussion of favorite upload sites?
Jun 26th, 2013, 2:58 am

If my links break, please message me to put them back up. Thanks!
Jul 19th, 2013, 9:47 pm
I quite agree. I hate it when I down load a file then have to go to a another site to get the password - only to find that I have to complete some surveys. Needless to say i don't bother but wish someone else would upload the book without needing a password. I vote for www.zippyshare.com as it is so easy to use.
Jul 19th, 2013, 9:47 pm
Jul 19th, 2013, 11:48 pm
GoghGirl wrote:At the very least can we have a poll/thread/discussion of favorite upload sites?

Done! :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1147&t=385039

Here's a list of some of the site's that are frequently seen on Mobilism:
viewtopic.php?p=1113862#1113862

As far as the perfect file host goes, it doesn't exist. There will always be a problem of some sort with whichever one is named. Some countries/regions/ISPs do not allow the use of (or block) certain file hosts. Sometimes the problem is of a more personal nature. I have had so many accounts closed down on me due to copyright complaints that I can't remember them all (zippyshare being one of them! :lol: ). Does this mean I should just stop posting because I can no longer use the file host YOU prefer?

Yes, some file hosts are a Royal PITA, but they DO allow free downloads. Some of them just take a bit more effort to get a download out of them.
Jul 19th, 2013, 11:48 pm

"We Gladly Feast on Those Who Would Subdue Us." - Addams Family
Mar 2nd, 2017, 6:36 pm
To avoid the download limit of 120 mins or so from file hosts like Rapidgator you can always use VPN proxy apps .
Mar 2nd, 2017, 6:36 pm

Sharing is caring and vice versa
: SelfProclaimed
May 27th, 2017, 1:59 pm
Jamreet wrote:To avoid the download limit of 120 mins or so from file hosts like Rapidgator you can always use VPN proxy apps .

I've never been able to download a single file off Rapidgator so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
May 27th, 2017, 1:59 pm

If my links have expired
Please ask the Original requester and see if they have a copy. My Calibre library is pruned heavily.
May 28th, 2017, 11:08 am
There are very cheap and even some free premium link generators out there which work to get files off rg and others at full speed without waiting. I once used one that would accept daily payments and leeched like 1TB off rg in one day.

Or you could try using jDownloader or any similar app to download. You can also use your login credentials from almost all premium link generators with jDownloader.
May 28th, 2017, 11:08 am

8) :D If you like my posts please don't forget to press Thank You! :D 8)

Dead links can be reported to me by PM, please only report if all links are dead.
May 27th, 2018, 5:56 am
Ive always looked for a rg premium generator but never found one. Welcomed.

I have to agree. I dont like Rapidgator. I used to be such a big fan but I think the site went down hill mostly because it doesnt resume downloads and as others have said has a time limit which is quite strict. My main hate so far with it lately has been that I cant get through the capcha in my windows 8 no matter what I try. I dont know why that is. Its a strange annoyance.
May 27th, 2018, 5:56 am

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

Jan 23rd, 2019, 2:58 am
I just a problem with Rapidgator, wait 45 secs, then did nothing just restarted the 45 secs AGAIN.
Then I noticed the URL had an extra parameter &referer=mobilism.me
So I tried with the same URL but no referer, and it worked ok. Just FYI
Jan 23rd, 2019, 2:58 am
Feb 13th, 2019, 11:00 pm
I have a paid rapidgator membership because I use it for other types of downloads on other sites. I have yet to see any books posted here with rapidgator links. That said, I only download books so it may be for other larger types of files, other hosts are used. Rapidgator probably isn't the best for tiny files.

However, that said there are several really good download sites that are not used here (or rarely) because most of the posters here post for profit.

mediafire and zippyshare are both great and free and yet almost never seen here. This site is a victim of its own success. I am on other book sharing sites that ban virtually all click profit type links (which is what 99% of the content of this site has).
Feb 13th, 2019, 11:00 pm
Feb 17th, 2019, 10:28 pm
bookfrog wrote:I have a paid rapidgator membership because I use it for other types of downloads on other sites. I have yet to see any books posted here with rapidgator links. That said, I only download books so it may be for other larger types of files, other hosts are used. Rapidgator probably isn't the best for tiny files.
Rapidgator isn't the best for any kind of file, big or small. Not from a downloader's point of view.

Speeds are painfully slow for free users, and god forbid that someone should want to download a split file, they will have to wait for over two hours to download part 2 after suffering a snail-slow speed for part 1. Needless to say that they will have to wait 4 hours if they want another book uploaded there. To sum up: good for you with a paid membership, but user-friendly the site is not.

bookfrog wrote:mediafire and zippyshare are both great and free and yet almost never seen here. This site is a victim of its own success. I am on other book sharing sites that ban virtually all click profit type links (which is what 99% of the content of this site has).
You do see lots of Zippyshare links here, just dead.

Posters who want links to last can't use Zippy, profit or no profit. And posters who want their accounts to last without getting deleted for violation of terms can't use Mediafire, profit or not.

Funny that all those sharing sites which tried to control hosts are either completely gone by now (Bolt) or lost the battle and had to give in. For what I have seen, most attempts to control hosts have always backfired, spectacularly.
Feb 17th, 2019, 10:28 pm