Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jul 21st, 2009, 11:05 am
I WOULD LIKE TO DRAW ADMIN'S / MEMBERS' ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING ISSUE:

For some days now I've been unable to access the site from my DSL connection of xxxx provider;
Access is only possible through free proxies(!) Checked through other connections of the said
provider in the area with the same results. However through another provider that I use from
a nearby location, access is ok...Provider xxxx also grants access to the rest of the sites I'm
surfing so there's nothing wrong with my connection. If this is a silent censorship, it should
most certainly be boycotted. Censorship in the country that bore Democracy is not
unheard-of but had always been fiercely opposed and eventually overthrown! Please, should
any other members face such an issue, let Admin know and, why not, let's shift to another
provider! If they're doing it on purpose, let's not allow them getting away with it (and along
with a chunk of our liberties as well!) so easy...
Jul 21st, 2009, 11:05 am

m@riner
Jul 21st, 2009, 12:02 pm
I can browse normally from here. If it's not a local issue (dns not updated properly or sth?) my guess is you're using one of the "big" ISP's who are known for blocking access to "suspicious" websites, or even monitoring user activity. I even got a cease and desist e-mail from my previous provider (pm if you wanna know which one) concerning illegal downloads. They even told me what I was downloading and when!

Call them and complain. If nothing happens, tell them that you wish to change your provider (works every time xD)
Jul 21st, 2009, 12:02 pm

And the Lord said unto John; Come forth and receive eternal life. But John came fifth and won a toaster...
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:41 pm
Our servers are on a network which hosts a lot of free speech websites. My assumption is your ISP has blocked the IPs or the subnet we currently sit on. It has nothing to do with our end as our provider will never block anyone from accessing their services.
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:41 pm
Jul 22nd, 2009, 9:02 am
sdawson wrote:Our servers are on a network which hosts a lot of free speech websites. My assumption is your ISP has blocked the IPs or the subnet we currently sit on. It has nothing to do with our end as our provider will never block anyone from accessing their services.

I totally agree with you, my suspicion fell on my ISP since this issue arose; It's a new practice here, same as promising 24Mbps being able to support only 2Mbps in your area...Lacking infrastructure and banning things...hmmm, can lead to no good
Jul 22nd, 2009, 9:02 am

m@riner