Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Dec 1st, 2018, 7:52 pm
sherlockx wrote:
I am really surprised though that nobody has solved the final question :o :o :o :o :o
It really is not that difficult

I guess people tend to give up after a while...and then forget all about it.

This is what intrigues me considering it is one of the easier puzzles,5000wrz & you give up??? -sher
Dec 1st, 2018, 7:52 pm
Dec 5th, 2018, 10:37 pm
I'm sorry to say that I had to turn off Atlantis temporarily. Someone is desperate enough to have started trying to brute-force the game, spamming the system as quickly as they can. I really don't want to add Captchas to every answer because I find them frustrating, and let's face it the game is hard enough as it is, without having to recognize images of cars and street signs.

I'll consider several options for rate limiting and preventing this kind of behavior. Until then, the game will remain offline.
Dec 5th, 2018, 10:37 pm
Dec 6th, 2018, 12:11 pm
That's so frustrating!!!! Sorry someone had to be sucky.

n0tall0wed wrote:
I'm sorry to say that I had to turn off Atlantis temporarily. Someone is desperate enough to have started trying to brute-force the game, spamming the system as quickly as they can. I really don't want to add Captchas to every answer because I find them frustrating, and let's face it the game is hard enough as it is, without having to recognize images of cars and street signs.

I'll consider several options for rate limiting and preventing this kind of behavior. Until then, the game will remain offline.
Dec 6th, 2018, 12:11 pm
Dec 6th, 2018, 12:17 pm
That's some level of desperate.
Dec 6th, 2018, 12:17 pm
Dec 6th, 2018, 1:22 pm
I've brought the game back up with a quick fix. We'll see if this holds up. If you get the 'rate limit exceeded' message, just wait a bit and refresh, you should be able to go on.

In other news, our cheating bot kept trying to post answers even though the game was off. In fact, it's still trying to post answers.
Dec 6th, 2018, 1:22 pm
Dec 6th, 2018, 1:31 pm
It's not even real money though, so why?
Dec 6th, 2018, 1:31 pm
Dec 6th, 2018, 1:49 pm
juicean wrote:It's not even real money though, so why?

I really couldn't tell you. To see if they could? That's about the only motivation I can deduce.

The funny thing is, the game can't really be solved with a brute force attack. When conducting a brute force attack, you rely on a dictionary to provide you with a pool of words to use as answers. This approach can solve some questions, but others require numerical answers — specific values that you cannot brute force. Some questions require multiple words (and having to combine words will just make your bot have to run longer — and I mean centuries longer, not days). Some questions are answered by words which haven't been in dictionaries for a few hundred years.

To be fair, I'm not completely opposed to people solving questions by brute force. Some of those "which people/nationality" questions encourage that sort of solving if you can't figure it out in a different way, but at least put in the answers yourself, don't program a script to do it for you.

By the way, the bot was trying to solve question #2. A simple anagram. Enough said.
Dec 6th, 2018, 1:49 pm
Dec 6th, 2018, 3:00 pm
"By the way, the bot was trying to solve question #2. A simple anagram. Enough said."

Seriously?! I blew through that in no time flat, and for me who's stuck at question 4, that's puzzling.
Dec 6th, 2018, 3:00 pm
Dec 10th, 2018, 10:09 pm
wtf wth whyyy would someone do that!! :o :o :o :? :? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Dec 10th, 2018, 10:09 pm
Dec 10th, 2018, 10:12 pm
btw 12 people at last question and no one won yet, this means that when we all reach final question , we could just congratulate ourselves on making it :lol:

I'm not sure how accurate the poll is... because if 44 people are still on static, after all the hints, and the fact that the hidden spot actually changes color now, either some people haven't updated their progress, or it's probably best for them that they're stuck there. I mean, it doesn't get any easier. :lol: --n0tty

you're probably right :lol: :lol:

it changes color???!! :shock: evil :lol:
Dec 10th, 2018, 10:12 pm
Dec 10th, 2018, 11:02 pm
Actually, this has prompted me to re-set the poll. You can now select all the questions. Also, our hack-like problems have been solved, for now.

Personally I thought the ritual disembowelment was probably a little on the extreme side in solving the hack-like problems :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-sher
Dec 10th, 2018, 11:02 pm
Dec 11th, 2018, 8:02 pm
On Wednesday, as an attempt to use a dictionary of Stargate Atlantis keywords against the 2nd step of the Atlantis contest,
I brought down the game. I realize that i caused several of you to waste your time and I did want to take this time to apologize to everyone I affected. It won’t happen again.

There is no excuse and i had no malicious intent.
Again, I am sorry and hope that i didn't cause too much trouble.
Dec 11th, 2018, 8:02 pm
Dec 12th, 2018, 10:31 am
#3 is driving me nuts. Yes, I know that the other questions will not be any easier. :? I've worked with every cipher I could find out there and googled a hell lot of things about the origin of Atlantis. I seem to be nowhere near the answer :shock:.
Dec 12th, 2018, 10:31 am
Dec 12th, 2018, 1:02 pm
Aha, so im not at the last question yet, so maybe i could fisher for a hint?

I know it is a pain but there are pages and pages of hints here in this thread :D :D :D -sher
Dec 12th, 2018, 1:02 pm
Dec 25th, 2018, 1:20 am
I'm sure i'm not the only one here stuck on this blooming haunted seer.

After going through 28 pages trying to find every clue, I feel that if i'm this thick there should be no point continuing, since quite a few people have reached the last question. By the time I finish the haunting seer, it may be all over and this would've been bugging the heck out of me for nothing. Either that or the next question will bug the life out of me also.

I can see that its an anagram of three words, but just cant figure it.

Just gotta say though well done, this has been very cleverly done.

PS.. I don't even know what WRZ is or what it is to be used for. Can't find an FAQ for it anywhere. Like I said, i must be thick as shi... I'll stop there.

http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=10#10
http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=408522#408522
These and other topics (inc site rules) can be found in Announcements-sher
Dec 25th, 2018, 1:20 am