Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jun 17th, 2019, 9:29 pm
8000 won't change anything.
Jun 17th, 2019, 9:29 pm
Jul 11th, 2019, 7:37 pm
16 people on final question? :shock:
Jul 11th, 2019, 7:37 pm
Jul 14th, 2019, 10:07 am
Before I release the Kraken here is a hint :o
The final destination is a real location on the continent of North America :D

Jul 14th, 2019, 10:07 am
Jul 14th, 2019, 10:24 am
Because the letters and figures of Sun 14 Jul '19 have something to do with the longitude and latitude of the destination to find :think: ?

Hmm, I shall make a note of that idea for another time-sher
Jul 14th, 2019, 10:24 am

Jul 14th, 2019, 2:48 pm
Or maybe it's because the number of days since this contest began (it began 23 months ago :o ) :think:

Not the right answer but getting closer to the right concept-sher :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you are puzzled by these 2 posts, they relate to a simple question I asked but which was ignored by everyone.The question was deleted
Jul 14th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Jul 19th, 2019, 5:02 pm
I plan to retire from technology when I hit 40. No more computers, no phones. I'll be herding sheep in New Zealand.

So... it would be great if someone solved this before that happens.

Also, I'm padding the 1st place reward with my own WRZ$, to bring it up to 15k WRZ$. Just saying.
Jul 19th, 2019, 5:02 pm
Jul 28th, 2019, 1:38 pm

Coming Soon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jul 28th, 2019, 1:38 pm
Jul 29th, 2019, 2:25 am
Can't pass the Morse Code , either i'm deaf or blind or both :lol:

God Bless anyone who solves this and happy anniversary guys :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jul 29th, 2019, 2:25 am
Aug 8th, 2019, 8:23 am
2-Year Anniversary Hint-o-rama

1. Static: You need to click on the hidden spot. It's somewhere in the upper right quadrant of the screen. It will highlight when your mouse hovers over it.
  2. The morse code is fairly straightforward. It's a slight paraphrase of Dante: "Abandon all hope"
  3. Haunted seer is an anagram. The solution is "Under the sea"
  4. Keyword is the origin... Atlantis was named after the titan Atlas. That's your keyword. So, do a simple keyword cipher and you get "Terror Antiquus"
  5. Strange writing. You just need to find examples of this type of writing and then substitute the characters for latin letters. The solution is "Kumari Kandam"
  6. Flashing GIF: This is a famous quote/meme from the game Zero Wing. A bit of Google-Fu should solve this.
  7. Eventually, madness... If you download the image, and open it in a text editor, at the bottom, after all the strange characters, you'll find numbers. Those numbers correspond to characters in the phrase. Grab those letters and you have your solution.
  8. Venus and Mars: Not the planets. Towns in Pennsylvania. Walking distance.
  9. Cuddly water: Water in Hawaiian is ka wai. Sweet and cuddly is kawaii in Japanese. So Hawaiian is the answer
  10. Blinking boxes. This is a simple binary to text. Just find the ones. They're the blinking things and then find an online converter
  11. Strange writing #2: The answer is the strange metal mentioned in the legend of Atlantis
  12. Flashing GIF #2: A famous ship, carrying 102 passengers
  13. Ship question: if you were to draw those coordinates on a map, you'd get a pyramid. Stargate anyone? Pyramid class?
  14. Relativistic space travel: there is an online tool that'll do all the math for you.
  15. Evil anagram: to be added...
  16. Fisher: to be added...
  17. Queen: to be added...
  18. Final question: You got a really huge hint from sherlockx just a couple of posts above.

The truth is... it's been sooo long since this puzzle was posted that I had lost half my notes about the questions and had to solve them all over again to write all of this up.

I will add the hints for questions 15, 16 and 17 on the 2-year anniversary.

Good luck!
Aug 8th, 2019, 8:23 am
Aug 14th, 2019, 8:09 pm
15. Evil anagram: The solution to the anagram is the Welsh name of a shield. The owner of the shield is the solution to the question
16. Fisher: He rescued a turtle.
17. Queen: She's really famous.

That's it. If anyone's still playing, happy 2-year anniversary!
Aug 14th, 2019, 8:09 pm
Aug 16th, 2019, 9:45 pm
I just wanted to express my sincere thanks for the Hint-o-rama.
After languishing for several weeks in stuck-land, it finally got me past the Ø puzzle and all the way to the supremely frustrating final conundrum.
Cheers!
Aug 16th, 2019, 9:45 pm
Aug 27th, 2019, 8:56 pm
if I reach the final destination, or close to it I mean, where do I look?

also I can't believe I haven't thought like this before, I feel close , so close. :?

If memory serves me right (remember it is more than 2 years since I looked at this) the Stargate willl transport you to within a couple of kilometres. Just look around, the answer should be blindingly obvious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: -sher

edit: oh Sher, considering I spent a year before realizing how to think, this will take some time, I am excellently oblivious :P :P :lol: :lol:
Aug 27th, 2019, 8:56 pm
Aug 29th, 2019, 7:15 pm
am I looking for a facility of sorts or just a general location, idk if I can ask that, if I can't ignore it, but well, at least I'm mulling things. don't laugh at me :lol:
Aug 29th, 2019, 7:15 pm
Aug 30th, 2019, 12:53 am
Is the answer to the deleted question because NASA's New Horizons probe performed the first flyby of Pluto, and completed the initial survey of the Solar System?
Aug 30th, 2019, 12:53 am
Aug 30th, 2019, 8:29 pm
Wallace91 wrote:Is the answer to the deleted question because NASA's New Horizons probe performed the first flyby of Pluto, and completed the initial survey of the Solar System?

what question is that???? :shock: did you solve the constellations question?
Aug 30th, 2019, 8:29 pm