Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Feb 25th, 2018, 10:25 pm
20 peel
Feb 25th, 2018, 10:25 pm
Feb 25th, 2018, 10:37 pm
22. Raise
Feb 25th, 2018, 10:37 pm

Free Books KU

https://books2read.com/u/4j1jrv?store=amazon
Feb 25th, 2018, 10:42 pm
MARKETING POLL/CONTEST #2
#1 No, I haven't seen any winter olympics events. I do watch some summer olympics stuff.

#2 – Contest #13 JG vs ICE
Feb 25th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Feb 25th, 2018, 10:47 pm
16. Hog line
Feb 25th, 2018, 10:47 pm
Feb 25th, 2018, 11:11 pm

all posted answers are acceptable for this Quizz…

I need a volunteer to pay the rewards.
Volunteer will get 50 WRZ$ as their reward.

Anyone who wishes to volunteer please post in the next 5 minutes and a volunteer will be randomly selected
Feb 25th, 2018, 11:11 pm
Feb 25th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Me
Feb 25th, 2018, 11:12 pm

Free Books KU

Feb 25th, 2018, 11:17 pm
Angel Sardar wrote:Me

Thank you for volunteering, I appreciate the offer :D

You will receive 26 x 30 + 50 for you = 830 WRZ$

- Please donate 30 WRZ$ to everyone with a valid post
- Please mention in your donation posts the reason for rewarding
- Please report here once you have finished donatewarding
- Also, don't forget to report this volunteer action in the topic The volunteers

A new Sports Center Quiz will start soon
Feb 25th, 2018, 11:17 pm
Feb 26th, 2018, 1:39 am
I need to study up on Curling... I could only answer number 3 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Feb 26th, 2018, 1:39 am

Feb 26th, 2018, 3:57 am
slynch, you doubt you noticed that the Yankees won their first two spring training games, 4-1 . . . first Detroit and then Pittsburgh.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/scores
Feb 26th, 2018, 3:57 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Feb 26th, 2018, 6:56 am
Rewards all paid, Ice :)
Feb 26th, 2018, 6:56 am

Free Books KU

Feb 26th, 2018, 7:28 am
Did the Olympic Contests make you more interested in these Olympics?

I've always been a fan of sports (cricket, football, tennis....) but never really had an Olympic oriented interest, so the Sports center contests most certainly brought my undivided attention. These contests surely expanded my knowledge in sports to say the least. It started with trying to google about the various sports like bobsleigh, curling, figure skating, luge, snowboard and ski jumping... and the participating teams and ts controversies. About the total game changing decisions like how NHL players weren't permitted to take part and the Russia's Olympic team being banned from playing, which led to few of the best players missing out. I also discovered, these games were so entertaining, exciting and really engaging. I ended up watching reruns of few historic moments and interviews in Youtube as well.

Most of all, I loved the humorous and very informative commentary in the Sports center.... PJ's detailed summaries, Diva's News updates, melim and anna's updates during each game, so a huge shout-out to Ice and JG's for giving all the users a platform to voice out our opinions.

Guilty as charged...initially, of course it was all about winning WRZ$, but eventually I learnt a lot about the games its facts, the rules, giving me an insight into many a thing, I wasn't aware of. And along the line I developed a passion for these sports ... all of the nail-biting, unpredictable and historic moments.

So all credits to Sports center and the entire idea of it. Thank you so much guys. Looking forward to the Summer Olympics that will be held in 2020 Tokyo and hoping we have another one of these series of contests in the Sports Center.

Which was your Favorite Contest?

Most definitely the contest that I won :lol: ... by luck or by chance :? ... but boy oh boy that gold medal game the underdogs vs the favorites literally had me ripping all my nails off. So... OLYMPIC CONTEST #8, MEN'S HOCKEY BRACKET it is :D ^_^
Feb 26th, 2018, 7:28 am
Feb 26th, 2018, 7:43 am
Now folks... I want to point out exactly how good of a post is the one that XiLeXi just made (see above)

First... THAT'S THE SPIRIT, and THANK YOU for participating in this Marketing Poll/Contest.
Second... XiLeXi gave us exactly what we are looking for. We need insights like this if we are to make Sports Center better for everybody.
And last... XiLeXi gets this poll/contest... COULD YOU HAVE USED ANYMORE WORDS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is the best way to maximize your chances of hitting the mystery words. WELL DONE.

So no, you don't have to provide lengthy and detailed responses like XiLeXi did, but the more words, the better the chances to win.
And ANY response is welcome.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Feb 26th, 2018, 7:43 am

Feb 26th, 2018, 7:45 am
Hahahah :lol: Thank you JG :wink:
Feb 26th, 2018, 7:45 am
Feb 26th, 2018, 7:58 am

North and South Koreans marching together in the Closing Ceremony. This has got to be a good sign.

And, yes, Lex, yours was a great post! Thanks so much for writing!
Feb 26th, 2018, 7:58 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Feb 26th, 2018, 9:54 am

SPORTS CENTER
PAST AND FUTURE

THE PAST
The Olympic ride is over. And it was a blast. We want to thank all of you who participated in the Contests, Quizzes, Marketing Polls, and most of all, JOINING THE DISCUSSION!

Now that they are over, all the countries and athletes are bragging about how many medals were won.
Well, it's time to celebrate our Medal Winners. Just how did everybody do in the 15 different Olympic Contests (Note: One didn't count because the silly frog hosted a contest for an event that was already in progress :lol: :lol: :lol: )

There are two ways to look at Our Winners!
First, who won the most contestants.
Three people won 11 different contests, and two won 8!

MOST VICTORIES

11 Wins

goldie0608Imagejen23nifer Imagejohngriffen Image

8 Wins

WordDivaImageXiLeXiImage

Second, which many would consider more important, ;) who won the most WRZ$

TOP 5 WRZ$ WINNERS

XiLeXi=1,889Imagejohngriffen=1,720Imageanna=1,590Imagejen23nifer=1,217Imagegoldie=1,029Image

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!

Here is a recap of how everybody stacked up:

Legal Disclaimer - Frogs do make mistakes, so if the totals are off a little, or I misspelled your handle, or I screwed something else up...
I'm sorry and suck it up. It was a lot of work and I'm not changing anything

THE FUTURE
Yeah, the Olympics are over... But SPORTS CENTER will continue.
The Contests, Quizzes, Marketing Polls, and Discussion will continue. And you might even see some new things ;)
But to do this, we could use your help. I know all the traditional US sports. Sure, we have the Super Bowl, March Madness, The World Series, and on and on and on. But what big sporting events happen around you? What would you like to see a contest on? Please join the discussion and LET US KNOW. If you don't, you might just end up with a lot of US based contests :D
All suggestions and ideas are Welcome.

In conclusion,
Thanks to all of you who have joined this thread... even those that just lurk.
Thanks to 13Ice for her ideas, suggestions, quizzes and all of her hard work. She made this possible.
And a SPECIAL THANKS to all the Contest Managers for letting us give this a go, and for allowing it to continue.

NOTE: You can still participate in The Marketing Poll/Contest #2 :D

Bringing you 24 hour 365 days a year sports coverage

SPORTS CENTER

Feb 26th, 2018, 9:54 am