Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 21st, 2018, 5:46 am
Well, the party just ended at my place, and everybody left happy.

The Cubs beat the Rockies 16 to 5

The Blue Jays beating the Yankees was a true killer, and is the major reason NOBODY WON the Triple Play.
I'll do an "official" recap later...

And don't forget...
There is still time to join the IPL Daily Double
http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=5435682#5435682

And Fight Night
http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=5437146#5437146
Apr 21st, 2018, 5:46 am

Apr 21st, 2018, 5:48 am
Fight Night
Davis
Broner
Apr 21st, 2018, 5:48 am
Apr 21st, 2018, 5:53 am
FIGHT NIGHT
Davis
Vargas
Apr 21st, 2018, 5:53 am
Apr 21st, 2018, 6:03 am

The Blue Mountains Roller Derby League (BMRDL) Travel Team – the Free Sisters – will be competing in the second round of the 5x5 Roller Derby Championships on Saturday April 28 at the Katoomba Sports and Aquatics Centre.

The well-established Five by Five (5×5) Roller Derby Championship is a six month round robin roller derby tournament. Now in its sixth year, the 5×5 features 10 teams across two divisions (5×5 Armageddon and 5×5 Battlegrounds) battling it out for not one, but two trophies plus roller derby supremacy.

Blue Mountains cemented their reputation as a seriously competitive league in 2017 by coming second in the Battlegrounds Division. This year they move up to the Armageddon Division, battling it out with prominent leagues such as Newcastle Roller Derby League and Sydney Roller Derby League.

“I urge anyone interested in the fastest growing full contact sport for women in Australia, to take this opportunity to come along and check out these competitive teams in action,” said BMRDL president, Maielevelent.

Tickets will be available at the door and all welcome. Doors open from 12.30pm with the first bout commencing at 1pm. There will be four bouts across the afternoon with some teams travelling from as far afield as Newcastle and Canberra to compete.

BMRDL will be battling it out with Central Coast Roller Derby at 7pm.

Starting in May, BMRDL will be running an introduction to roller derby program for women and men interested in getting involved in roller derby – as skaters, referees and/or officials. No skating experience is necessary.

For more information visit: https://www.facebook.com/bmrdl/ or for a full list of the 5x5 round robin schedule go to: https://www.facebook.com/5x5derby/.
Apr 21st, 2018, 6:03 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Apr 21st, 2018, 6:40 am

SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #56 TRIPLE PLAY

29 people played...
Here are the final scores:
Pittsburgh 1 Philadelphia 2
Chicago 16 Colorado 5
Toronto 8 Yankees 5

ENOUGH SAID

For an index of open events and a directory of recent contest results, go HERE
If you are new to SPORTS CENTER or if you have questions, check out the Sports Center FAQ, go HERE

Bringing you 24 hour 365 days a year sports coverage

SPORTS CENTER
Apr 21st, 2018, 6:40 am

Apr 21st, 2018, 6:55 am
IPL DAILY DOUBLE
Knight Riders
Royals

I was logging in all the picks, and noticed I hadn't entered yet... SENIOR MOMENT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is still 4 and 1/2 Hours left to enter. We have 29 players, but I see a few are still missing :D
Apr 21st, 2018, 6:55 am

Apr 21st, 2018, 7:03 am
hum, senior moment, or not wanting too many people to copy your pick, so you do not have to share the reward with lots of them :think: :lol:
Apr 21st, 2018, 7:03 am

Apr 21st, 2018, 7:07 am
Uhhhhhhh... Hmmmmm... Uhhhhhh...
I PLEAD THE 5TH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Apr 21st, 2018, 7:07 am

Apr 21st, 2018, 8:38 am
FIGHT NIGHT
Davis
Vargas
Apr 21st, 2018, 8:38 am

Apr 21st, 2018, 8:40 am

Blue Mountains Softball Hopeful

Faulconbridge softballer Alex Gutteridge has been selected for a national under 17s softball team.

The 17-year-old builder’s apprentice will head to Queensland in July for a development camp and the International Friendship Series.

It’s been a big year for the teen who has played in the under 17s and under 19s Penrith City rep team which won the 2017 state softball championships. He also captained the NSW under 17s team which won the Softball Australia National Championships in January.

Alex plays second base, a position he likes because of the speed at which he must react to the game.

“It’s my go-to position when trialling for teams. It’s my most comfortable position to play in,” he said.

“You’ve got to have a big range. You cover a fair bit of ground by yourself. You’ve got to be pretty quick.”

Alex has been playing softball for 10 years, six of which have been with Penrith Softball Club. He’s been part of the Western Sydney Academy of Sport for the past two years, which has increased his knowledge of the game and provided extra training opportunities.

“It’s not an easy game to play,” Alex said.

“In softball you have to be fast, quick, strong and mentally quick, with good hand-eye co-ordination.”

The former St Thomas Aquinas Primary and St Dominic’s College student said he was looking forward to the tournament in Queensland and making an impression in front of selectors who would be picking a team to contest the Softball World Championships next year.

“I’ll be focused on getting people out and just being there for my team-mates, making sure everyone is focused, keeping them relaxed and calm and in the zone. I’ll be backing everyone up,” Alex said.

“I want to take it as far as I can. Everyone dreams of playing for Australia. Hopefully that dream comes true.”
Apr 21st, 2018, 8:40 am

Apr 21st, 2018, 9:04 am
FIGHT NIGHT
Davis
Broner
Apr 21st, 2018, 9:04 am
Apr 21st, 2018, 12:56 pm
NBA Playoff Update

Indiana beat Cleveland 92-90. Indiana leads series 2-1
Washington beat Toronto 122-103. Toronto leads series 2-1
Milwaukee beat Boston 116-92. Boston leads series 2-1

Today's games

Game 3's
Houston at Minnesota. Houston leads series 2-0
Oklahoma City at Utah. Series tied 1-1

Game 4's
Philadelphia at Miami. Philadelphia leads series 2-1
Portland at New Orleans. New Orleans leads series 3-0
Apr 21st, 2018, 12:56 pm
Apr 21st, 2018, 1:01 pm
NHL Playoff Update

Philadelphia beat Pittsburgh 4-2. Pittsburgh leads series 3-2
Colorado beat Nashville 3-2. Nashville leads series 3-2
Winnipeg beat Minnesota 5-0. Winnipeg wins series 4-1. Minnesota's season comes to an end. Better luck next year

Today's games
New Jersey at Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay leads series 3-1
Columbus at Washington. Series tied 2-2
Toronto at Boston. Boston leads series 3-1
Apr 21st, 2018, 1:01 pm
Apr 21st, 2018, 2:12 pm

Jordan Montgomery, who had a quality start in his last outing, takes the Yankee Stadium hill today against Toronto.
Apr 21st, 2018, 2:12 pm