Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Sep 18th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Australian punter Michael Dickson puts NFL in a spin after using rugby-style drop kick

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-18/m ... tion=sport

(Watch the video if you don't know what a drop kick is.)

'This guy's insane': Former AFL prospect turning NFL's most prosaic job into a starring role. Australian rookie punter Michael Dickson has continued to amaze the NFL by introducing a drop kick to American football.

Dickson, playing for the Seattle Seahawks against the Bears, stunned the crowd at Chicago's Soldier Field and an audience of 10 million American TV viewers on the Monday Night Football broadcast (local time) when he was called on to perform a drop-kick kick-off.

ESPN commentators Joe Tessitore and Jason Witten were left scratching their heads watching the Sydney-raised Dickson. 'This guy's insane!'

The punter is the least glamourous role in an NFL team — but Michael Dickson's style is changing all that. "A drop-kick kick-off?" Tessitore asked.

"We are going to send our stat folks into overdrive here, but I'm going to put it out there. You tell me the last time you ever saw a drop-kick kick-off in the NFL? I don't know if it ever happened, Joe," Witten, a star tight end for the Dallas Cowboys for 15 years, replied.
Sep 18th, 2018, 1:51 pm

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Sep 18th, 2018, 1:57 pm
I will admit it was really entertaining... and I can honestly say I thought about you when he did it ;)
Sep 18th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Sep 18th, 2018, 2:16 pm
TRIFECTA CONTEST
Chocolateicecream
In the Navy
Devilishly Clever
Sep 18th, 2018, 2:16 pm

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Sep 18th, 2018, 2:21 pm
TRIFECTA CONTEST
In the Navy
Chocolateicecream
Don't Split Tens
Sep 18th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Sep 18th, 2018, 3:16 pm

SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #230

MLB DAILY DOUBLE

Kind of a slow day for sports... so it's back to Baseball for the Wednesday contest
Note, these same teams are playing each other on Tuesday night, but this contest will be based on the Wednesday results
I've picked two for this edition of Wednesday Night Baseball DAILY DOUBLE
It's a Daily Double, and you know the drill. You will have to make the correct prediction on BOTH games to win.

INFORMATION
GAME ONE

Boston Red Sox 103-47 at New York Yankees 91-58
While the Yankees are stuck in second place, 11 and 1/2 games behind the Red Sox and really have no chance to catch them... these two teams still hate each other and want to win.
David Price is pitching for the Red Sox... He's your typical SOLID pitcher who has been pitching very well lately.
Luis Severino is going for the Yankees... He's one of their best pitchers, but he has SUCKED lately :lol:

GAME TWO
Colorado Rockies 82-68 at Los Angeles Dodgers 83-68
This is another game where the first and second place in the division are squaring up... but this one means something. As of this typing, the Dodgers hold a slim one half game lead over the Rockies, and this series could determine who wins the division. The Dodgers have Walker Buehler pitching... not one of their better known Aces, but he has pitched very well all year, and has been excellent lately. One the other hand, the Rockies are pitching Tyler Anderson... A below average pitcher who has REALLY SUCKED LATELY :lol: :lol: :lol:

The FAVORITES are in Bold and Blue

What is it?
This is a Daily Double so you will need to predict the winners of both events to win your share of the pool

How do you play?
To enter this contest, you will need to post the following:
MLB DAILY DOUBLE
Pick either Boston or New York
Pick either Colorado or Los Angeles

EXAMPLE POST
MLB DAILY DOUBLE
Boston
Los Angeles

Rules:
You have to pick BOTH events correctly to win
Only 1 post per person for this specific contest, any more and all of your posts will be disallowed.

ALL PICKS MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO THE FOLLOWING TIMES:
WEDNESDAY 6 PM Chicago (UTC -5)
WEDNESDAY 11 PM GMT (UTC +0)
Any picks made after this deadline will simply be ignored.
Any edits after this deadline, and your post will be disallowed.

Reward:
If you guess correctly, you will share the 500 WRZ$ pool

So it's that easy, just pick two right and you win the DAILY DOUBLE

And there is still PLENTY of time to sign up for the Tuesday Contest... Bring on the poinies :D
TRIFECTA - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #229 HERE
CLOSES - TUESDAY 5:30 PM Chicago (UTC -5) TUESDAY 10:30 PM GMT (UTC +0)

For an index of open events and a directory of recent contest results, go HERE
If you are new to SPORTS CENTER or if you have questions, check out the Sports Center FAQ, go HERE

Bringing you 24 hour 365 days a year sports coverage

Sports Center is ON!
Sep 18th, 2018, 3:16 pm

Sep 18th, 2018, 3:22 pm
MLB DAILY DOUBLE
New York
Los Angeles
Sep 18th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Life has ups and downs, right now I am not up.
Call me inactive and replace my posts as you find them.
Sep 18th, 2018, 3:25 pm
MLB DAILY DOUBLE
New York Yankees
Los Angeles Dodgers
Sep 18th, 2018, 3:25 pm

Image@anna1561_mobi Image #contests
Sep 18th, 2018, 3:29 pm
MLB DAILY DOUBLE
Red Sox
Dodgers
Sep 18th, 2018, 3:29 pm
Sep 18th, 2018, 4:20 pm