Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jul 18th, 2018, 5:49 am

Usain Bolt to make a run at pro soccer in Australia

The Olympic sprint great has long expressed his love of the game. Since his retirement from track, he has tested himself with Germany's Borussia Dortmund and the Norwegian club Stromsgodset.

Now, at 31, he will try out for six weeks with the Central Coast Mariners starting next month. If all goes well, he could play for a season in Australia's A-League.

Australian agent Tony Rallis said Monday the Mariners and Bolt have a deal in principle, "subject to a couple of benchmarks." Rallis said the eight-time Olympic gold medallist would have to go through a tryout, and the Football Federation Australia would have to support his salary.

"Once the FFA comes back and says that they'll be part of the process, we're going to the trial. If he's competitive, he will lift our A-League profile," Rallis said. "He will create dreams for young people and he will give the A-League a profile no amount of money can buy. This bloke's an ambitious athlete. The A-League needed a hero and we got superman."

Mariners chief executive Shaun Mielekamp said there is still a lot of work to do, and the tryout is essential in determining the skill of the 6-foot-5 Jamaican.

"It would only be big if he can play and if he can go really, really well," he said. "Because if he comes and he's not up to the level then it actually has a detrimental effect.

"But if he comes and he's as good as our reports are saying that he can be, then that would be very exciting and I'm sure that this stadium would be pretty full every time he put the boots on."
Jul 18th, 2018, 5:49 am

Image@anna1561_mobi Image #contests
Jul 18th, 2018, 6:01 am
You can't turn on the TV here in Australia without seeing Usain Bolt advertising something! So I guess he's making some money . . . Amusing to think that someone aged 31 is 'over the hill' . . . but I guess that's ancient for a sprinter. The rest of us are still happy to be able to walk . . .

anna1561 wrote:Image

Usain Bolt to make a run at pro soccer in Australia

The Olympic sprint great has long expressed his love of the game. Since his retirement from track, he has tested himself with Germany's Borussia Dortmund and the Norwegian club Stromsgodset.

Now, at 31, he will try out for six weeks with the Central Coast Mariners starting next month. If all goes well, he could play for a season in Australia's A-League.

Australian agent Tony Rallis said Monday the Mariners and Bolt have a deal in principle, "subject to a couple of benchmarks." Rallis said the eight-time Olympic gold medallist would have to go through a tryout, and the Football Federation Australia would have to support his salary.

"Once the FFA comes back and says that they'll be part of the process, we're going to the trial. If he's competitive, he will lift our A-League profile," Rallis said. "He will create dreams for young people and he will give the A-League a profile no amount of money can buy. This bloke's an ambitious athlete. The A-League needed a hero and we got superman."

Mariners chief executive Shaun Mielekamp said there is still a lot of work to do, and the tryout is essential in determining the skill of the 6-foot-5 Jamaican.

"It would only be big if he can play and if he can go really, really well," he said. "Because if he comes and he's not up to the level then it actually has a detrimental effect.

"But if he comes and he's as good as our reports are saying that he can be, then that would be very exciting and I'm sure that this stadium would be pretty full every time he put the boots on."
Jul 18th, 2018, 6:01 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jul 18th, 2018, 6:23 am
pjmpjm wrote:You can't turn on the TV here in Australia without seeing Usain Bolt advertising something! So I guess he's making some money . . . Amusing to think that someone aged 31 is 'over the hill' . . . but I guess that's ancient for a sprinter. The rest of us are still happy to be able to walk . . .

:lol: Well said, pjm.
I won't be surprised if Bolt ends up playing with the A-League. No task seems too difficult for this "superman."
Jul 18th, 2018, 6:23 am

Image@anna1561_mobi Image #contests
Jul 18th, 2018, 7:08 am
2018 - THE OPEN
Justin Rose
Jul 18th, 2018, 7:08 am
Jul 18th, 2018, 7:12 am
TRIFECTA CONTEST
C F Kool Halo
Trust Santiago
Sleepin Pro
Jul 18th, 2018, 7:12 am
Jul 18th, 2018, 7:15 am
TRIFECTA CONTEST
Trust Santiago
C F Kool Halo
Octagon Fighter
Jul 18th, 2018, 7:15 am
Jul 18th, 2018, 7:17 am
2018 - THE OPEN
Jordan Spieth
Jul 18th, 2018, 7:17 am
Jul 18th, 2018, 8:00 am
TRIFECTA CONTEST
Trust Santiago
C F Kool Halo
Sleepin Pro
Jul 18th, 2018, 8:00 am
Jul 18th, 2018, 10:44 am
pj, France such Welcome is definitely expected but look at the pictures from Croatia now that’s definitely something...I mean who honestly thought Croatia would’ve end up in Finals when it begin...that’s the team of small nation who truly shined

Jul 18th, 2018, 10:44 am

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Jul 18th, 2018, 11:10 am
2018 - THE OPEN
Sergio Garcia
Jul 18th, 2018, 11:10 am
Jul 18th, 2018, 11:15 am

Liz Cambage shoots 53 points to break WNBA single-game scoring record as Dallas Wings beat New York Liberty

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-18/l ... tion=sport

Australia's Liz Cambage has scorched the WNBA's single-game scoring record, and some doubters to boot, by sinking a mammoth 53 points for the Dallas Wings.

Cambage caught fire for the Wings as they flew out to a 104-87 win over the New York Liberty overnight.

She reached the 50-point mark on a three-point play with just over two minutes remaining, before breaking the record (51 points set by Riquna Williams in 2013) with a booming three-pointer.

Cambage needed just 22 shots from the floor to reach the 53 points, netting 17 of them as well as 15 of 16 from the free-throw line. She also finished with 10 rebounds and five blocked shots.
Jul 18th, 2018, 11:15 am

Jul 18th, 2018, 11:26 am
TRIFECTA CONTEST
Trust Santiago
Sleepin Pro
Octagon Fighter
Jul 18th, 2018, 11:26 am
Jul 18th, 2018, 11:38 am
johngriffen wrote:
gorkevv wrote:I'm pretty sure a photo of the 2018 French team lifting the World Cup trophy can be found to replace whatever's on up there...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PICKY... PICKY... PICKY...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In my own defense, that is the first picture that popped up in the "photo of 2018 French World Cup Champion" Search

OK, I've edited the pictures... IS THAT BETTER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And thanks Nonny 8)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hahaha. Yes.
Jul 18th, 2018, 11:38 am
Jul 18th, 2018, 12:43 pm
TRIFECTA CONTEST
C F Kool Halo
Trust Santiago
Octagon Fighter
Jul 18th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Free Books KU

https://books2read.com/u/4j1jrv?store=amazon
Jul 18th, 2018, 12:46 pm

The Open 2018: Golf 'will never get over' box-office Tiger Woods

https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/44862161

Nobody in global golf can make old men move like young animals quite like Tiger Woods.

When Woods is on his way to the interview room, media folk grow extra legs. They exit their seat like a greyhound from the traps and whizz past you in a blur. Lesson one about covering a major championship: don't get in the way of a man on his way to a Tiger press conference. Dawdle and you're dead. Roadkill.

This will be Woods' 20th Open and his 13th Open in Scotland. Twenty-three years he's been coming here, since playing, coincidentally, Carnoustie in the Scottish Open as an amateur in 1995 before kicking on to St Andrews for a major won famously by John Daly.

Woods and Scotland has been a love story. Two of his three Claret Jugs were won at St Andrews. He was once asked to pick his three favourite holes in Scottish golf.

"The Road Hole - and anything else at St Andrews,' he replied.

To borrow a current - and somewhat weary - phrase, there's an element this week of Woods coming home to what he knows and loves most about golf.
Jul 18th, 2018, 12:46 pm