Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Feb 21st, 2018, 7:02 am

Australia's Kailani Craine has made a sensational Olympic Winter Games debut by progressing to the medal program of the women's figure skating singles in Pyeongchang.

The 19-year-old Craine, performing to the song Dream a Little Dream of Me, scored 56.77 in Wednesday's short program at the Gangneung Ice Arena to move through to the free skating component of the event where the medals will be decided.

She needed to finish inside the top 24 and as the 13th skater of 30 on the ice she knew she had advanced once her score was posted, as it placed her in provisional second position at the time.

"I cannot believe it. I am really proud of myself," Craine told Channel Seven.
Feb 21st, 2018, 7:02 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Feb 21st, 2018, 7:16 am

Sigh... it was an exciting game, but alas, USA LOST.
As reported by anna (thank you as always), USA lost in a shoot out. It doesn't get any closer than that.
Oh well.

The good news is, everybody got their picks in on time.

FOLLOWING IS A RECAP OF ALL THE PICKS FOR THE SECOND ROUND

We now have some time before the picks for round three are needed.
Round two games should be finished in less than 9 hours from now and Round 3 doesn't start until:

ROUND 3 DEADLINE FOR PICKS
Chicago = Friday 1:40AM - GMT = Friday 7:40AM - South Korea = Friday 4:40 PM

Updates will be provided as Round 2 games progress tonight.

SPORTS CENTER
Feb 21st, 2018, 7:16 am

Feb 21st, 2018, 7:28 am

OLYMPIC CONTEST #12, WOMEN’S ALPINE SKIING - DOWNHILL IS NOW COMPLETE

As always, a special thanks to Anna for posting the winners.
Sofia Goggia held on to win the Gold, and Lindsey Von had to settle for a Bronze.

AND ONLY THREE PEOPLE PICKED SOFIA
anna1561
melim
goldie0608

18 HAD LINDSEY VON
johngriffen
jhj2040
BrightEyes4evr
Alessa9
WordDiva
bookworm28
accountant1usa
flawlessdreamer
9trogue
TigerToLily
Angel Sardar
hija
Alcibiades
jen23nifer
rchhuon99
XiLeXi
NeneJa
jychung93

2 PLAYED THE FIELD
13Ice
Isak

So congratulations to the winners. It was a HUGE PAYDAY. Each has earned 334 WRZ$
I will be making the donations shortly.
We look forward to you all joining the next contest!

SPORTS CENTER
Feb 21st, 2018, 7:28 am

Feb 21st, 2018, 7:37 am

OLYMPIC CONTEST #13

Image VS. Image

AKA: WOMEN'S HOCKEY - USA vs. CANADA

Yes Sports Fans... It's come down to the two best teams in Women's Hockey for the Gold Medal. USA and Canada will fight it out for the big prize.

And I throw down the Gauntlet to Ice. I bet you 500 WRZ$ that USA will beat Canada!
Feel free to chicken out if you wish, but I await your response :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

INFORMATION
As predicted from the start, the stage is set for another battle between Canada and the United States in the gold-medal game of Olympic women's hockey.
This game will mark the fifth time these rivals will face off for gold in six Olympic women’s hockey tournaments. Canada has won the past three finals, in 2002, 2010, and 2014, after the Americans won the inaugural tournament back in ’98.
We had a preview of this matchup on February 14th when Canada got away with a 2-1 win after being outshot 45-23 by Team USA in a preliminary-round game at the Pyeongchang Olympics.

THE ODDS
Depending on where you look, the odds are pretty even, but are leaning toward the US.
I’ve seen USA as 4/7 favorites (57%)
I’ve also seen Canada as 11/10 underdogs (48%)
But who cares about the odds… THIS IS ABOUT NATIONAL PRIDE!

And we would like you to take sides in this bet. We want you to decide who will win the bet. If you think JG/USA will win, you will post JG. If you think ICE/CANADA will win, you will post ICE.

What is it?
You have to pick the winner of the USA vs Canada game bet.
And, as an added bonus, if you correctly can guess the final score of the game, you will earn an additional 150 WRZ$. You must have the right number of goals scored by each team.

How do you play?
To enter this contest, you will need to post the following:
WOMEN’S HOCKEY JG vs ICE BET
Just pick who will win the bet
And include a final score

EXAMPLE POST
JG
USA 5 – Canada 3

Rules:
Again, to win, you need to correctly guess who will win the bet.
To win the bonus, you need to correctly guess the final score.
Only 1 post per person for this specific contest, anymore and all of your posts will be disallowed.

ALL PICKS MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO THE FOLLOWING TIMES:
Thur 1 PM South Korea
Wed 9 PM Chicago
Thur 4 AM GMT
Any picks made after this deadline will simply be ignored.
Any edits after this deadline, and your post will be disallowed.

Reward:
The pool will be 1,000 WRZ$. The winners will share the pool equally.
Correctly guess the final score and win a 150 WRZ$ bonus.

You don’t have a lot of time to make your picks.
So start making your picks.

Sports Center is ON!
Feb 21st, 2018, 7:37 am

Feb 21st, 2018, 7:39 am
JG
USA 5 – Canada 4

I can't wait for Ice's response... Too bad she's offline at the moment :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Feb 21st, 2018, 7:39 am

Feb 21st, 2018, 7:49 am
Ice
USA 3 - Canada 5

Feb 21st, 2018, 7:49 am

Life has ups and downs, right now I am not up.
Call me inactive and replace my posts as you find them.
Feb 21st, 2018, 8:00 am
JG
USA 5 - Canada 2
Feb 21st, 2018, 8:00 am
Feb 21st, 2018, 8:48 am
NEWS UPDATE

Alina Zagitova breaks world record in women's singles figure skating

Incredibly, two Olympic athletes from Russia broke the world record consecutively (within 15 minutes) today. They were Alina Zagitova (who is just 15-years-old), with a score of 82.92 to “Black Swan”, and Evgenia Medvedeva with 81.61. If either woman can triumph, they will win the first gold for OAR at this Olympics. The two are apparently friends, who practise together.

Coming in third was Canada’s Kaetlyn Osmond, followed by Japan’s Satoko Miyahara and Kaori Sakamoto.

Finland and OAR are competing currently in the bronze medal ice hockey match.

Finland have hit the lead early, with Petra Nieminen scoring in just two and a half minutes.

Great Britain forced into men's curling tiebreaker, Canada, USA and Sweden into semi-finals

Curling men’s round robin results are in! Canada 8-3 def. Denmark; USA 10-4 def. Great Britain; Norway 7-2 def. Sweden and Republic of Korea 10-4 def. Japan.

I for one am pleased we will be seeing more of Norway’s trousers. Great Britain fans, don’t despair: they’ll be playing Switzerland in a tie-breaker tomorrow!

Bad news for Canada’s Christopher Delbosco, who has suffered a broken pelvis after crashing out in the men’s ski cross final.

He wasn’t alone, with Terence Tchiknavorian of France also taken to hospital with a suspected fractured shin. Likewise, Christoph Wahrstoetter suffered a concussion after colliding with Sweden’s Erik Mobaerg in heat six.

Ragnhild Mowinckel’s silver in the women’s downhill is another victory for Norway at this games, delivering their record sixth Apline skiing medal.

Norway are currently heading the medal table, with 11 gold, 11 silver and eight bronze, with Germany in second (11 gold, seven silver and five bronze) and Canada third (nine gold, five silver, six bronze).

Brady Leman of Canada wins gold in the men's ski cross

Congratulations to Leman, who takes Canada’s first medal (none other than gold) in ski cross.

Kevin Drury, the fellow Canadian, crashes out, and could not finish after he caught the skis of Sergey Ridzik (Olympic athlete from Russia), while Bischofberger comes in second.
Feb 21st, 2018, 8:48 am

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Feb 21st, 2018, 8:56 am
I'm not sure which is more amazing. The two world record scores, or that OAR doesn't have a gold medal yet ;)
Feb 21st, 2018, 8:56 am

Feb 21st, 2018, 9:08 am
JG
USA 4 – Canada 3
Feb 21st, 2018, 9:08 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Feb 21st, 2018, 9:14 am
Canada vs. USA Olympic Gold Medal

USA

USA 3, Canada 2
Feb 21st, 2018, 9:14 am