Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 26th, 2018, 4:09 am

MLB American League Standings

Apr 26th, 2018, 4:09 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Apr 26th, 2018, 5:28 am
Final Score ---- Toronto Maple Leafs (4) vs. Boston Bruins (7)

Final Score ---- Utah Jazz (99) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (107)
Apr 26th, 2018, 5:28 am

Life has ups and downs, right now I am not up.
Call me inactive and replace my posts as you find them.
Apr 26th, 2018, 5:34 am

SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #62 CROSS OVER DAILY DOUBLE

Both games are complete:

Here are the final scores
Toronto Maple Leafs 4 - Boston Bruins 7
Utah Jazz 99 - Oklahoma City Thunder 107

Both of the favorites won, so the winning combination for this CROSS OVER DAILY DOUBLE was BOSTON and OKLAHOMA CITY
Out of the 26 players, 8 had the right combination:
Alcibiades
yousofine
BrightEyes4evr
flawlessdreamer
hija
9trogue
bookworm28
ms772

CONGRATULATIONS... they all will share the 1000 WRZ$ pool - 125 WRZ$ each

For an index of open events and a directory of recent contest results, go HERE
If you are new to SPORTS CENTER or if you have questions, check out the Sports Center FAQ, go HERE

Bringing you 24 hour 365 days a year sports coverage

SPORTS CENTER
Apr 26th, 2018, 5:34 am

Apr 26th, 2018, 6:49 am

THE NFL DRAFT CONTEST
MORE INFORMATION

A DEEPER LOOK AT QUESTION NUMBER #3
3. Will the last player selected in the first round be a Defensive Player (58%)?

If you will remember from my earlier informational post (check it out if you haven't seen it yet)
http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=5450309#5450309
While the Vegas odds say 58% it will be a defensive player, when I checked 9 leading experts, it was only 22% that it would be a defensive player.
This surprised me since I had seen info stating that Philly wanted to strengthen their defense in this years draft.

So I followed up with some more research by reviewing what the local Philly sports reporters were saying...
NOTE: IF THEY TRADE THIS PICK TO SOME OTHER TEAM - WHO KNOWS WHO THE LAST PLAYER IN THE FIRST ROUND WILL BE

The leading newspaper in that city listed the top 11 players that they thought the Eagles would go for with the last pick in the first round. 6 of the players were Offensive and 5 were defensive. While it still shows a tendency that they will go offense instead of defense, at least it's closer to the odds than what the national reporters were predicting.
As usual, it will totally depend on who the best player that is still available is when they draft...

This has been another NFL DRAFT INFORMATION UPDATE

There is still plenty of time to join in the fun.
http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=5449334#5449334
Apr 26th, 2018, 6:49 am

Apr 26th, 2018, 7:56 am
PROP BETS
1. YES
2. YES
3. NO
4. NO
5. YES
6. NO
7. NO
Apr 26th, 2018, 7:56 am
Apr 26th, 2018, 11:18 am

Callum Hawkins asked paramedics if he won gold after collapsing at Commonwealth Games . . .

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-26/c ... tion=sport

Scottish athlete Callum Hawkins has revealed he asked paramedics if he had won the Commonwealth Games marathon as he was taken to hospital in a distressed state.

But that's about the only thing the 25-year-old can remember after collapsing while on cusp of winning the gold medal on the Gold Coast. "I remember coming around the corner and seeing the bridge, knowing there were about a mile, a mile-and-a-half to go," Hawkins told BBC. "Then the next thing you know, my legs are almost switching off on me and going to jelly, I'm starting to stumble.

"I remember falling off at the side of the road and then trying my best to back up and then I don't remember anything after that."

Hawkins, who had a two-minute lead over Australian Michael Shelley, said the next thing he recalled was being in the ambulance following his collapse.

"The first thing I asked [was] did I win because I thought there might have been a chance that I went on autopilot and finished it," he said. But nobody answered me and I knew straight away, eh, that's a no."

Hawkins said he was not angry about the slow response from organisers and spectators to his collapse that resulted in him hitting his head on the barrier. "If you see that happen it's the shock of it and you freeze," he said. It more annoys me that I managed to put myself in that place because if I hadn't I would have won a medal."
Apr 26th, 2018, 11:18 am

Apr 26th, 2018, 2:02 pm
NBA Playoff Update

Cleveland 98, Indiana 95. Cleveland up 3-2
Toronto 108, Washington 98. Toronto up 3-2
Houston 122, Minnesota 104. Houston wins 4-1

Today's game
Boston at Milwaukee
Apr 26th, 2018, 2:02 pm
Apr 26th, 2018, 2:23 pm
PROP BETS
1. YES
2. YES
3. NO
4. YES
5. YES
6. YES
7. NO
Apr 26th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Apr 26th, 2018, 2:37 pm

Netball NZ refuses to let the Sunshine Girls take the Taini Jamison Trophy back to Jamaica

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-25/j ... tion=sport

The Jamaican netball team is shocked by Netball New Zealand's refusal to let the team take the trophy they won in a pre-Commonwealth Games tournament back to their home country.

President of Netball Jamaica Paula Daley-Morris told Jamaican newspaper The Sunday Gleaner the association was extremely shocked by New Zealand's refusal to hand over the trophy after Jamaica's Sunshine Girls defeated the Silver Ferns in the tournament 59-53 last month.

Dr Daley-Morris said the Jamaican team did not receive any medals or a replica trophy for winning the competition, adding "it wasn't a pleasant feeling" for the athletes to go unrewarded for their victory.

"At the end of the series for the Taini Jamison Trophy, we were anticipating receiving the trophy, but we were told that it has never been won by any other national team and that it couldn't leave the country," Dr Daley-Morris told The Sunday Gleamer.

"The team was disappointed in that we didn't get medals or replicas, and we asked for even a picture of the trophy itself or even something symbolic to mark the occasion, and we haven't received that either.

"We got a little framed New Zealand plaque, and it wasn't even a plaque that had any writing to say what we received this for in terms of the competition. It was just normal memorabilia, and I don't think it was sufficient."

In response, New Zealand Netball operations director Kate Agnew told the New Zealand Herald the Taini Jamison Trophy was a "perpetual onshore trophy" which was used for series against any nation apart from Australia.

"The Taini Jamison Trophy is a perpetual onshore trophy. It remains onshore and the main trophy never leaves New Zealand," Ms Agnew said.

"[Jamaica] were told that the Taini Jamison Trophy doesn't leave New Zealand, reasons for that is mainly around insurance and the value of the trophy…

"I understand that once they won the trophy they thought they could get to take it and we told them the trophy doesn't go off shore. As is often the case, the reality of a situation doesn't quite become clear until it [does] actually impact upon you."

The series was the second time Jamaica played New Zealand for the Taini Jamison Trophy — The Sunshine Girls having been defeated in 2016.

But New Zealand were unable to prevent Jamaica from taking home silverware from their most recent contest. Jamaica beat the Silver Ferns 60-55 in the bronze medal match at this month's Commonwealth Games.

Dr Daley-Morris has said she will take up the issue in an official capacity by writing to Netball New Zealand about the matter.
Apr 26th, 2018, 2:37 pm

Apr 26th, 2018, 4:45 pm
PROP BETS
1. YES
2. YES
3. NO
4. NO
5. YES
6. YES
7. NO
Apr 26th, 2018, 4:45 pm