Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Feb 17th, 2018, 6:00 am
Hmmm... just checking in. I see we don't have a final on the Figure Skating yet. I'll keep looking but if somebody see's the results first, feel free to post them.
Feb 17th, 2018, 6:00 am

Feb 17th, 2018, 6:08 am
MEN’S HOCKEY – BRACKET CHALLENGE

Let me make this a bit easier for anyone to understand that may be a bit confused...

right now they are playing the round robin games...once those are complete they will be seeded into playoff pools, for round 1 you will post who you think will win each of the 4 games, you will be awarded points for every correct pick you make.

a post will be made of who is in the next playoff games and you will post again who you think will win and will be awarded more points for every correct win you picked. For every playoff round you will have to post who you think will win, (john will do his best to keep you updated on whatever information you need to make your choices easier) :wink:

at the end of the Hockey Playoffs the person with the most points will win the big pot.

so, if we have 20 people that play that is a pot of 2000 WRZ$, the winner will win $1500 WRZ$, 2nd place will win 500 WRZ$ and 3rd/4th/5th will win their bet of 75 WRZ$ back

The more people that participate the larger the pot... so go here (to the original post) viewtopic.php?p=5261172#5261172 and make your bet to The Honest Bookie :D , you could be the next big winner of a Sports Center Contest
Feb 17th, 2018, 6:08 am
Feb 17th, 2018, 6:11 am
MEN’S FIGURE SKATING – SINGLES

Yuzuru Hanyu wins Gold!! He becomes the first athlete in 66 years to defend his Olympic skating title :D

Feb 17th, 2018, 6:11 am

Image@anna1561_mobi Image #contests
Feb 17th, 2018, 6:23 am

OLYMPIC CONTEST #8, MEN'S FIGURE SKATING - SINGLES

As usual, anna1561 beat me to it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks anna.

Japan takes the top two medals!
Yuzura Hanyu got the GOLD
Shoma Uno earned the SILVER
Javier Fernandez from Spain got the Bronze.

Eight people selected Yuzura Hanyu
melim
Alcibiades
goldie0608
jen23nifer
anna1561
jhj2040
NeneJa
TigerToLiy

15 people selected Shoma Uno
hija
jychung93
WordDiva
kathlyn
matina
XiLeXi
irathomas
bookworm28
Alessa9
Angel Sardar
BrightEyes4evr
9trogue
lucidusgirl
ms772
Mickey101

5 People had Nathan Chen
johngriffen
rchhuon99
flawlessdreamer
pjmpjm
accountant1usa

One person selected Mikhail Kolyada
Isak

Congratulations to the 8 that had the winner!
125 WRZ$ will be donated to each of you shortly.

THANK FOR PLAYING IN THIS CONTEST.

SPORTS CENTER
Feb 17th, 2018, 6:23 am

Feb 17th, 2018, 6:48 am
OK... Theoretically, all donations have been made.

Again...
If you were a winner and haven't received it yet
You did receive it, but the amount is wrong
Or you received a donation and you didn't win

Just send me a PM and we can fix it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay tuned, the next chance to win some WRZ$ will be posted soon!

SPORTS CENTER
Feb 17th, 2018, 6:48 am

Feb 17th, 2018, 7:27 am

MARKETING POLL/CONTEST #1

I've looked at all the live events for Saturday evening. I wasn't thrilled with any of them. So, this will be the contest for Saturday.

As some of you know, I’m an Advertising/Marketing guy. One of the first things we learn in the business is “KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER”
It is crucial when providing a product or service that you understand the target audience. And you all are the target audience.

The best way to know your target audience is simply to talk to them. In the business, we either get a sample audience in a room to ask them questions, or we send out polls to a representative sample.

Now, you have all heard (many times) how we want this to be a discussion thread as well as a contest thread. Well, this NEW concept for a contest actually does both. This idea came out of an all night strategy session (more like a night in a bar) and we think you will like it.

It is very simple. All you have to do is answer the question we ask. Now, it won’t be that simple… We will ask you to provide a minimum 10 word reason for you answer. Remember, knowledge is power ;) Plus, there is a reason why you will want to add a few words.

So… here is the first one.

What is it?
All you have to do is answer the question and provide a minimum of 10 word reason behind your answer.

How do you play?
Just post the following and answer the question
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OLYMPIC SPORT?

(remember, you must include at least a 10 word reason why it’s your favorite or your entry will be ignored)

Rules:
Only 1 post per person for this specific contest, any more and all of your posts will be disallowed.
The contest will last about 24 hours (or when we get around to shutting it down)

Reward:
Each valid entry will receive 25 WRZ$
But, there is more.
There will be three “mystery” words for each contest. You won’t know what they are, but we will ;)
If you use one of the mystery words in your reason, YOU WIN.
For each mystery word used in your post, you will get an additional 50 WRZ$

So… it really is that simple.
Thanks in advance for this “Key Marketing Data”
We appreciate your help.

Let the contest begin.
A SPORTS CENTER MARKETING CONTEST
Feb 17th, 2018, 7:27 am

Feb 17th, 2018, 7:32 am
I'll go first...
Back on pages one, I asked everybody the same question. Some people responded.
Now is the time to get paid for it. So if you were one of the ones that posted before, just do it again.
If you didn't do it before DO IT NOW!

BIATHLON - One of my favorites is the Biathlon. Guns and Skiing... what more can you want!

See, it's real easy!
Join the Discussion
Feb 17th, 2018, 7:32 am

Feb 17th, 2018, 7:43 am

Figure Skating... Dance on Ice what not to like :D It’s a sport in which individuals, duos, or groups perform on figure skates on ice.
Feb 17th, 2018, 7:43 am

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Feb 17th, 2018, 8:14 am

Curling

Because it's a sport that John and even older people (like me) can play and enjoy even if we can't perform at an Olympic level! All you need is ice and rocks . . . and maybe a broom!
Feb 17th, 2018, 8:14 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Feb 17th, 2018, 11:33 am

Figure Skating... I like it the most as it shows the grace, athleticism, strength, fight, and skill of the athletes. Dancing (gliding, jumping, twirling, flying) on ice - can't beat that as it's a little bit of everything. :D
Feb 17th, 2018, 11:33 am

Feb 17th, 2018, 11:43 am

Snowboarding - Halfpipe - Seeing Shaun White put down that amazing last run was the best moment for me so far in these Olympic games. I've always enjoyed watching it and find it to be the most exciting event of all the winter games
Feb 17th, 2018, 11:43 am

Feb 17th, 2018, 1:45 pm

Figure Skating - Artistry, athleticism, and mastery combined with an awesome soundtrack and dazzling outfits. There’s something for everyone..
Feb 17th, 2018, 1:45 pm
Feb 17th, 2018, 1:52 pm
Bobsled - Cool Runnings.... three four five six seven eight nine ten words
Feb 17th, 2018, 1:52 pm

Life has ups and downs, right now I am not up.
Call me inactive and replace my posts as you find them.
Feb 17th, 2018, 2:02 pm

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/gianca ... -266576686

slynch, here are interviews with Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge. The former has arrived at spring training early. (First full squad workout starts Monday.) There's also the report about Yankees prospect Thairo Estrada, who was shot (only slightly injured) while visiting home in Venezuela.
Feb 17th, 2018, 2:02 pm

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle