Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Aug 22nd, 2017, 1:19 am
Best wishes to your aunt for a speedy recovery matina :D :D
Aug 22nd, 2017, 1:19 am
Aug 22nd, 2017, 1:43 am

Good morning to matina and Alessa and Katy. Beautiful day up here in the mountains. (Though the photo is of my brother's property in Maine.)

matina, hope you have a good visit today.

John, I never got involved in any of the fantasy sports . . . was after my time . . . but my nephews in the US know all about them.

Hi to nonny and Spirit and br bear, as well as Ice and Diva.

Am off soon to visit some friends who are buying a house nearby.
Aug 22nd, 2017, 1:43 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Aug 22nd, 2017, 1:56 am
Evening everyone :wave: hello bear and ice let's hope the week flies by for you :) night nonny :D
Good morning Pj it really is a beautiful day will be sitting outside later with a book and coffee :D hope you and the family are doing well :) Matina I hope your aunty is ok love to you and mum :D Hi John, auntbessie, diva, alessa, belle, stretton, booktopia take care all :wave:
Aug 22nd, 2017, 1:56 am
Aug 22nd, 2017, 4:15 am
night night all :wave: see you all tomorrow :) enjoy the remainder of your day/evening :D
Aug 22nd, 2017, 4:15 am
Aug 22nd, 2017, 4:17 am
:wave: good night bear

:wave: good evening/morning/day everyone
Aug 22nd, 2017, 4:17 am
Aug 22nd, 2017, 5:06 am
Good morning/evening all.
Pj, I hope your friend buys the house. One of my best friends from college lives right down the street, and it's great.
Nite Bear.
Evening Ice...
kathlyn and matina :wave: :wave: :wave:
Aug 22nd, 2017, 5:06 am

Aug 22nd, 2017, 5:44 am
Hello, and goodnight to those that are going to bed :wave:
John, did you watch the eclipse? It was cool :)
Aug 22nd, 2017, 5:44 am

Experiencing Some Health Issues, But Will Do My Best to Respond to Dead Links. Thank you
Aug 22nd, 2017, 5:51 am
Night bear and Ice :wave: hello belle Im sure you will off to bed soon :wave: my daughters car has broken down so I'm off to pick up the grandkids from school no nap for me yet :) Matina i hope all is well with you and your having a nap for me :D Pj hope you've had a good afternoon :D take care all bye for now :wave: good night or morning everyone else :D
Aug 22nd, 2017, 5:51 am
Aug 22nd, 2017, 6:00 am
Yeah, I watched it. Unfortunately, there was some cloud cover so it could have been better. So I took the advice of the experts and paid more attention to what was going on during the event, from when it started getting dark, and then light again. Listening to the birds and insects getting fooled by the darkness was kind of neat. But still, overall, it was worth the effort.
Aug 22nd, 2017, 6:00 am

Aug 22nd, 2017, 6:04 am
well i am back and exhausted multiple pit stops for various things. my aunt looks ok but still in some pain, coping well enough. I have made it home alive and well but it is time for that nana nap ;-) see you all later on

Yeah there were some clouds here too. I was fortunate someone else had glasses and we shared taking turns. Yeah we had clouds but with the glasses it seemed to show pretty well and peak out I saw some pictures people had posted about the crescent shadows made from the trees onto the ground, pretty neat.

Experiencing Some Health Issues, But Will Do My Best to Respond to Dead Links. Thank you
Aug 22nd, 2017, 6:29 am
One of my neighbors had glasses as well... and while it helped, the last two I've seen were on perfectly clear days, so this was a little disappointing.
Nobody around my place got any pictures worth seeing. It's a good thing there are SOOOOOOO MANY good shots available on line.
Aug 22nd, 2017, 6:29 am

Aug 22nd, 2017, 10:05 am

After seeing the house that my old friends were buying (on behalf of their son, my godson, who's returning from living in the US with his young family), I took them out for lunch at the famous Conservation Hut in nearby Wentworth Falls.

Had nice meal while enjoying the views over the Jamison Valley . . . though not really very different from the views from near my own house.

matina, hope your aunt will be OK. I worry every day about my own brother and his family and so I know how you feel. It's especially worrying as people get older.

John and Belle, have been getting feedback from those who saw (or tried to see) the US eclipse! My brother's area of Maine saw about a 3/4 eclipse.

Katy, next total eclipse in the Sydney area will be in 2028, when I'll be . . . well, a lot older!

matina, there's an odd 'coincidence' that in South Australia, the Yardea sheep station will be able to see three total solar eclipses in the next 100 years! And the sheep will see the 2093 eclipse as a very near total one . . . Hmmmm. Wonder what is so special about that spot . . . (Part of Yardea is now 'Gawler Ranges National Park' . . .

Aug 22nd, 2017, 10:05 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Aug 22nd, 2017, 11:33 pm
Hmmmm... a quiet day here.

For those on the other side of the world... WAKE UP ;)

And for those on my side of the world, work is over for the day. PARTY TIME :D

Aug 22nd, 2017, 11:33 pm

Aug 23rd, 2017, 12:09 am
*stirs* Party?
Aug 23rd, 2017, 12:09 am