Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Nov 23rd, 2017, 5:48 am
Good evening everyone :wave:
Greetings Nonny, Kat, Ice, Bear, Crypt, Belle, PJ, Blue, John, Dreamer, Stretton ...
I’m getting ready for Thanksgiving’s celebration tomorrow. The stores are packed, traffic has been heavy all over town.

Diva, a big shout out for you! :D
Matina, :? What’s going on with you lately? Good Lord. :( I’m so sorry to hear about your recent loss. Take it easy... Your flowers from Katy are beautiful :thumbup:
Katy, Hugs.

Lessa, Hellooooo! :-P Geez, you are under the weather too, I hope you feel better soon. I’ll pm you Friday :wink: :-D

For you x
Nov 23rd, 2017, 5:48 am
Nov 23rd, 2017, 6:43 am
thank you Alessa i am feeling better, but still recovering.
At times i feel like me and nothing is wrong, and others i still feel shaky and unsteady. but getting better as the days go by. my arm still feels sore and achy but this too shall pass. God willing.
it is 25 degrees here today but humid;-( feels like 30
we expecting a thunderstorm later this afternoon. have a great day and feel better soon honey love to you and your family.
hi booktopia long time no see how are you yes it has been a trying time for me and my friends and family.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 6:43 am

Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:04 am
Hey alessa keep warm and lots of rest to get rid of your cold :D Hello booktopia :wave: always lovely to see you :D i hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving with your family :D hi Matina it's good to see you too :D time and lots of rest with hugs and love you'll get there bless you :D john it's that time again nip for you :) I may join you today it's too hot for coffee :D Hope your well :)
Pj I hope your day has been a good one very warm here as usual :? just finished up the rest of my spring clean time for a late nap so I'll call it a day with warm wishes to you and Matina :D Good night everyone or morning to all just waking up :D
Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:04 am
Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:18 am
Hi Booky, Wolfie, Katy, PJ, Dragon Lady, Diva, Ice, Bear, Stretton, Johnboy, Furballs and anyone else,
John I saw these in Peets Coffee today ....

These are the buggers that keep robbing the bin and making a mess between 3am and 5am. There are 6 in the gang, Nonny has first dibs on a raccoon hat for Christmas :lol: Oh yes, talking of Christmas presents, for those that received books from me last year for Christmas, sorry about this, but I have to take them back to the library, they're very overdue.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:18 am
Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:25 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have dibs on the Chicago Coffee Mug :D
SIX RACCOONS in the pack :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
We usually only get one or two at a time... and the mess they make. I can't even imagine what 6 could do :o :o :o

And yes kathlyn, it is indeed "nip" time now. Just finished a project for a client, and now it's time to enjoy Thanksgiving.

matina... keep getting stronger.

Alessa, Pj, the bomb... :wave: :wave: :wave:

And to ALL who are celebrating... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:25 am

Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:52 am
yummy whoohooImage
Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:52 am

Nov 23rd, 2017, 8:01 am
And before/during/after the food...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nov 23rd, 2017, 8:01 am

Nov 23rd, 2017, 8:24 am

Great to see so many posts here at TFWBL after a long drought!

Booktopia, spoke to my brother today and he'll host 14 friends and family for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I always have to remind everyone that Thanksgiving exists only in the US and Canada, and that the Canadian event takes place in October. Sure would be great to make this a worldwide celebration, but so it is.

matina, hoping that you keep recovering more, day by day. Wish I could send you our cooler mountain weather.

Blue, great raccoon photos . . . our possums don't cause nearly as much trouble . . .

John, trust that you'll have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Katy, never reached much above 21 degrees today . . . so was quite a comfortable, sunny spring day. I got out and about and stopped near the famous Echo Point to take a few photos. However, the crowds were such that I headed off quickly. There are other nice spots that the tourists don't know about. Will test out my many years of driving on Monday, when I head down to Canberra . . . am planning on taking the back roads via the Oberon/Jenolan Caves route.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 8:24 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:41 am
Morning everyone

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who will be celebrating it today! :D

Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:41 am
Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:53 am
Morning Nonny...

It is officially Thanksgiving here.
It's time for the Big 4F
Family
Friends
Food
Football

Life doesn't get any better :D
Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:53 am

Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:59 am
Good morning nonny and Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate Image

Good night from me :D
Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:59 am
Nov 23rd, 2017, 10:12 am

When I was visiting with my brother back in July, various turkeys came by to visit his back yard every day. He'd put out food for them. Sometimes the mother turkeys came with little chicks, but in this photo each turkey mother had one half-grown chick in tow. I now realised that I never posted these photos here at GUIE . . . so (I guess) Thanksgiving is a good time to share them.

I'll be thinking of my brother and his family and friends tomorrow at Thanksgiving. Hope everyone else who's celebrating has a lot to be thankful for. I know I do . . . and I'm not even celebrating (at least, not officially).

Good night matina and Katy. Hope you enjoy your evenings!

And early Happy Thanksgiving greetings to nonny and John and booktopia!
Nov 23rd, 2017, 10:12 am

Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:28 pm
I like my turkeys cooked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:28 pm

Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:58 pm
I thought arabic holidays were all about food, I totally forgot about Thanksgiving :lol:

:wave:
Nov 23rd, 2017, 7:58 pm
Nov 24th, 2017, 12:14 am

Good (Friday) morning, matina and Alessa and Katy!

Am grateful to John and bomb for posting, because otherwise I couldn't send out greetings this morning . . . seems to have been very quiet around here overnight.

I spent some time in Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan (not to mention India) in my younger days, so realise that our Middle East friends sure do have their own food-based festivals, quite apart from Thanksgiving!

No Thanksgiving here yesterday, of course, but still a nice day. My brother and his friends and family celebrated in the US.

Hope everyone else at TFWBL is well. Above is an overview of the main plaza in front of Echo Point in Katoomba. Many years ago, I think this was the car park, but now it's a wide pedestrian area, usually absolutely packed with people from all over the world until about 5-6 pm. One of the best views in the Blue Mountains (although I know of others that are less frequented by tourists) . . .
Nov 24th, 2017, 12:14 am