Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Dec 16th, 2017, 1:24 am
Hi everyone :wave:

oh lizzieb..... that looks like a bad fire :shock: .... good that all are fine but yes a very bad time to lose your home...

happy correspondence pj :D

katy & stretton hope you are both well... Stretton I know what you me about being behind... i so behind on books... :shock: :lol:
Dec 16th, 2017, 1:24 am
Dec 16th, 2017, 2:05 am

http://www.bluemountainsgazette.com.au/ ... s/?cs=1432

Here's a 'good news' story from just up the road . . . locals have been trying to save one of the bigger trees next to the Great Western Highway, and it seems that they've succeeded!

The so-called 'City of the Blue Mountains' is one of only two cities worldwide that's completely surrounded by a National Park, so there are lots of environmentalists at work all the time.

br bear and Ice . . . trust you're both well.

matina, check in when you can, and let us know how your Saturday is going . . .
Dec 16th, 2017, 2:05 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Dec 16th, 2017, 4:21 am
i have returned form hell where i visited Satan and his brother the devil, i have survived both for yet another. weekend and hopefully year. I am exhausted will need my nap shortly after i enter the comps that are still open ;-)
nice save by people power!!!

hello to everyone and JG i wish i had Dexter as a personal friend :lol: :lol: :lol: he could grant me a very MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They stopped showing Dexter after season 2 or 3 here so i have a lot to catch up on someday.
Dec 16th, 2017, 4:21 am

Dec 16th, 2017, 4:54 am
Glad you survived matina :D :thumbup: ..... enjoy your nap :D
Dec 16th, 2017, 4:54 am
Dec 16th, 2017, 5:37 am
thanks bear night night im sure your about ready to fall asleep
Dec 16th, 2017, 5:37 am

Dec 16th, 2017, 5:56 am
matina, glad you're home OK. Enjoy your nap. I'm heading in that direction too.

Good night to br bear and Ice!

Temperature seems to have topped out at 30 degrees on my street (pictured below) and I know I'm lucky compared to those people living down in Sydney (or in Adelaide). Katy, what was your temperature today?

Dec 16th, 2017, 5:56 am

Dec 16th, 2017, 6:04 am
22 now heading for 27 today
tomorrow 37 and Monday 39 with 27 at night and 28 on Tuesday with 20 at night
Dec 16th, 2017, 6:04 am

Dec 16th, 2017, 6:24 am
Hi Pj I just checked the temp it's 39 c at 4pm next week 42c at this rate I'll be cooking Xmas dinner on the driveway :lol: Summer in Australia gotta love it :( not much :? Matina
Dexter could provide some interesting ideas he's very creative, no bail fund needed :lol: glad your ok :D John I hope your Friday night has been a good one :wave: good night bear sleep well :D Night Ice also :D I'm out for the day take care all :wave:
Dec 16th, 2017, 6:24 am
Dec 16th, 2017, 6:25 am
Stretton and lizzieb... yes, it is contagious.

I have only one thing to say on that topic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matina and Pj... PLEASE send us some of that warm weather. But I must admit, the temperature here is holding around freezing and will probably not drop much lower for a few days. It could be worse.

Katy... I wish you luck getting the rest of Six Feet Under. It's worth it.

Hi Bear, and all the other regulars
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Dec 16th, 2017, 6:25 am

Dec 16th, 2017, 8:17 am
matina, as requested, another shot from near where my brother lives, showing ice on the shoreline . . . -13 degrees at the time.

Dec 16th, 2017, 8:17 am

Dec 16th, 2017, 8:46 am
looking good PJ more snow and ice please especially the next few days when we will be sweltering
Dec 16th, 2017, 8:46 am

Dec 17th, 2017, 12:31 am
Good evening everyone! I don't know where the day went today! I got up bright and early for my regular Saturday morning group run. We all meet in a town about 20 minutes away and start running at 6:30 and usually run at least
10 miles and more in the warmer months or if someone is training for a race. It's nice to run so early in the summer to beat the heat but not so much fun in the winter. It of course snowed again last night. Not much of an
accumulation but just enough to make it slippery,cold and slow as molasses. Oh well...all part of living here I guess.

pjm thanks for sharing that link! It's nice to read about good news for a change! I guess I can't complain about the cold here when it's -13 where your brother lives. Yikes! It was in the 20's here today.
It's like John says.... the weather could always be worse!

I hope everyone had a nice Saturday. I took two (2!) naps and didn't wrap a thing! Ha! I am looking forward to sitting in front of the TV tonight and watching something. Maybe something Christmasy to get me in the mood.
Dec 17th, 2017, 12:31 am
Dec 17th, 2017, 12:46 am
hello all happy Sunday to those in my part of the world 37 today and i am hating it!!!! bring on the snow!!!! i am still behind in collating everyone gifts together i am normally so on top of things but this year i just cant seem to get into the spirit.
1 my friend passing away
2 me going into hospital
3 my cousin breaking up with fiance and then falling and hurting left shoulder
4 my cousin breaking his arm
5 my other cousin going into hospital for a night for A/F heart issue
6 my aunty is in hospital for bowel blockage
7 other cousin due for surgery on foot on the 22nd it has been a shitty last 2 months of this year i hope it ends here hoping the new year brings better things i am sooooo OVER this one :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Dec 17th, 2017, 12:46 am

Dec 17th, 2017, 1:00 am
Dec 17th, 2017, 1:00 am

Dec 17th, 2017, 1:03 am

Good morning, matina and Alessa and Katy.

matina, we're all sending you lots of good wishes and hoping that the new year is a much, much better one for you!

Katy, thunderstorms predicted for this afternoon, when I'm due to have a few visitors.

lizzieb, thanks for all the interesting news. Remember that here at TFWBL both the Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales are used, kind of randomly, and I guess we should be more careful. These days, worldwide, it's pretty much only the US that's still using Fahrenheit, since the rest of the world has switched over. Personally, I'm ambidextrous! So my brother's temperature the other day was actually 8 degrees F. but I guess this is still pretty cold, especially compared to summer in Oz. I stopped running a few years ago, and now only walk. But I do it every day.

Photo above shows view across Sublime Point a few minutes ago. Not a single cockie has showed up so far . . .
Dec 17th, 2017, 1:03 am