Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jul 5th, 2020, 11:04 pm
Jul 5th, 2020, 11:04 pm

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Jul 6th, 2020, 1:33 am
morning all!
seems like it is groundhog day here
I hope everyone is well and enjoying their weekend ours is over Monday morning a few calls to make then its another day at home.
making steak and salad for lunch ;-)
kathy wishing you all the strength and stamina to cope with the grand kids goodluck
PJ hope all is well with you, hugs to the girls.
Diva always nice to see you around especially grounded now :lol: :lol: :lol:
have a good day to all
Jul 6th, 2020, 1:33 am

Jul 6th, 2020, 2:30 am
Hi everyone

Morning matina the kids are pretty good it's just me trying to occupy them :? The boys have gone shopping they wanted hot dogs for lunch :? my grandaughter is helping shes hanging out the washing, it's a bit all over the place but eh it'll dry :lol: Diva are we finished flying now :lol: mwah A lovely snow photo Pj :D the days here this winter have been gorgeous 18c , well Nsw has closed its borders to Victoria with them experiencing a so called second wave of the virus very worrying :( :( Pj how's rishi doing is her fur growing back in shes such a sweety :D well time think about lunch :D
I have hungry little faces looking at me , well I guess they're not so little anymore :lol: have a good day everyone take care all be safe
Jul 6th, 2020, 2:30 am
Jul 6th, 2020, 4:02 am

matina, I had a good talk with my brother and his wife last night, and they sent me the latest picture of your new shed in Maine. Windows are going in now. On the 4th the whole family (all four grandchildren) gathered at my brother's second son's 'camp' (bigger than a house) that's located on a nearby lake. They had a good time, but it wore them out!

Katy, it was up to 8 degrees when I finally got up this morning. What a beautiful sunny day up here, with clear, blue skies. Mostly it's very quiet (apart from the cockatoos) but a family of six just rode down the street on bicycles. Rishi is slowly growing her hair back but I keep watch for spots of snaggles and brush them out. She seems very happy now, and frequently sleeps in my lap. Hope you're having a good lunch!

As Katy has written, it's a worry that the virus is still growing (though nothing at all by US standards) down in the state of Victoria, and now the border with NSW will be closed from midnight. Of course, the NSW border with Queensland is still closed. On the positive side, all known 'positive tests' (whatever that means) here in NSW have been with people already in hotel quarantine (having been allowed to fly into the country from overseas). No new cases have been found 'in the community.'

Diva, always good to hear from you. Thanks again for the contest updates.

Hi to Blue and FreezeMe. Hope everyone, everywhere, is staying safe.

Bottom photo was taken this morning from my front deck, while I was feeding my birds . . .
Jul 6th, 2020, 4:02 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jul 6th, 2020, 7:31 am
MY SHED IS LOOKING AWESOME!!! I have a front door and a fire exit too;-) very happy about that. so glad everyone had a good time yesterday. It is good news. send them all my sincerest regards.
here in south Australia we have had it the best virtually no cases except those that first came here off the ruby princess those operators and staff on that cruise ought to be locked up and whomever let them get off without testing or quarantining them the too. totally disorganized and uncaring of their passengers health and that of humanity too. this should not be happening in this day and age when we have all the technology communication and health resources.
south Australia is virtually covid 19 free but we are still being vigilant and doing the right thing. praying this all ends soon and folks can go back to normal interaction with each other, for humanity's sake.
time for a nice cup of tea today!
kathy i hope that the munchkins have gone home and finally left you in peace.
Jul 6th, 2020, 7:31 am

Jul 6th, 2020, 10:36 am
Katy & Matina, it’s raining here heavily since 2 days, so decided to stay in and catch up on reading :lol: :lol:

Pj, I am anticipating your caped fuzzies to make a appearance one day :lol: :lol:

♥️⭕️❌
Jul 6th, 2020, 10:36 am

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Jul 6th, 2020, 12:46 pm

matina, am glad you like the way your Maine shed is shaping up. I hope to get a few update photos in the next week or so. This coronavirus thing is very worrying, although the states other than Victoria seem to be recovering well. Two of my neighbours down the street (about my age) have e-mailed that they don't feel well and I'm wondering if they're going to go to Katoomba Hospital to be tested. I only saw them briefly about two weeks ago and kept my distance. As far as I know there have only been 27 'positive tests' in the Blue Mountains area, and none at all for the past month. But these two guys aren't fully retired, and travel around a lot. Am hoping I don't get called in for a test . . .

Diva, you know, my little fuzzies have never even worn collars. I don't know how they'd go with little super-capes. Will have to think it over . . .

Nearly 10 pm now, so will say goodnight to Katy, Blue, FreezeMe and all the gang.
Jul 6th, 2020, 12:46 pm

Jul 7th, 2020, 2:04 am
Morning all :D

Hey diva nothing I like better than staying in on a wet day , we will fly again soon :wave:
Matina I've only got my grandson for the next few days keeping his stomach full is an all day job :lol: Enjoy your day :) hugs from all of us, oh i love your new shed in Maine, I'll be visiting you for sure especially in winter :thumbup: :wave: Good morning Pj yes these virus numbers are a worry we've none here where we are , they've found 2 cases in Albury on the border :shock: I'm still not going out as much ,I'm used to being home anyway :D look after yourself be safe if you go out :? The kittens would definitely look fierce in capes :D :) Hello to Kristina John ice bear Ada Jeanette Kristina and all our regulars thinking of all of you :)
Jul 7th, 2020, 2:04 am
Jul 7th, 2020, 4:26 am
hello all
I hope everyone is well.
diva thank you always for contest notifications id be lost without them. but tonight i have a 20th birthday party to attend, so will be busy there.
PJ cant wait for the updated pics. are your girls micro chipped?? snowy is and they want me to neuter him (im thinking a long haired chihuahua needs all the bravado he can muster to defend himself) :lol: :lol: :lol: plus really not worth the angst worry and risk of putting him under anesthesia complications of infection etc so i have to pay more for his registration :( :(
now from July 1st last year all dogs must be neutered de-sexed unless your a registered breeder. try finding a puppy now :( :( :( :? :? wait till you see the vets on the unemployment line soon. no one thought the long term ramifications through plus less registrations revenue. plus breeders are now asking for a fortune for the puppies and most are not being bought as soon as they should some are over 6months before they get adopted so the real bonding period is missed out on. prices start from $1500 to 5000 :o :shock: thats before registration insurance etc etc :( :( :( :(
Jul 7th, 2020, 4:26 am

Jul 7th, 2020, 4:34 am

Hi, everyone. Hope you're all safe, wherever you are around the world.

matina, am going to ring my brother again soon. I got an e-mail from his daughter who says his back pain is self-inflicted. She told me what work he was doing for two days before the pain re-emerged. Am hoping he'll take a few days off, and maybe just potter around your shed . . .

Katy, cold night but up to 8 degrees now. Has been sunny but the clouds seem to be rolling in. No tutoring for me, because of the school holidays. Have to pop out to the chemist today but otherwise will stay home and maybe just take a walk through the bush across the street.

FreezeMe, I loved your bunny photo at SMY!

Greetings to Diva and Blue too.

Just read this report, as 191 people tested positive in Melbourne over the past 24 hours . . .

"For most people, the flu is the discomfort that disappears within a few days. In others, influenza can lead to health complications, hospital visits, and even death. Worldwide, 5 to 10 percent of adults and 20 to 30 percent of children get flu every year, and 3 to 5 million of these cases are severe, resulting in deaths of 250,000 to 500,000 people, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that about 80,000 deaths and about 900,000 cases of influenza hospitalization were recorded in the United States during the [annual] flu season."

So according to WHO and CDC, as many as 80,000 people in the US (and up to half a million world-wide) die of the 'ordinary flu' each and every year, and yet we hardly hear about it. Can this really be true? 106 people have died in Australia since March and we're in a panic. I still feel like we're missing some vital information here . . .
Jul 7th, 2020, 4:34 am

Jul 8th, 2020, 2:12 am
Hello all

Hi Pj I've been reading the same thing about flu cases, I guess it's not reported often because they don't consider the common cold and flu pandemic worthy, who knows :? I read in the news China had 2 cases of the bubonic plague :o :shock: what's going on in the world :( :? anyway I hope you are ok, how's your brother and his wife doing :?
Matina child free after today I love them dearly but they wear me out :D Enjoy your shopping we'll have to restock too :D Diva lots of hugs mwah xo Have a good day or night everyone take care all be safe

Jul 8th, 2020, 2:12 am
Jul 8th, 2020, 5:07 am

Checking in on Wednesday, early afternoon, from the beautiful Blue Mountains . . .

matina, hope you're OK. Am waiting to hear about my sister-in-law's latest appointment and checkup. She's getting better but still not really eating . . . has the feeding tube in her arm. No new news from my son and his koalas up in Gympie.

Katy, was fairly cool in the mountains last night, but now up to about 8 degrees. We had a bit of rain but not too much. Later this afternoon I'm going over to the local printer-and-ink shop in Katoomba, and bringing my printer. After a week of investigation, I still can't find anything wrong with it, or with my various computers, but I just can't get it to print. May have to buy a new one.

News from Victoria is still not good . . . everything in Melbourne locked down again, and the borders with NSW and South Australia completely closed. Hope this all comes to an end soon. So many people are suffering. But for some reason we still have relatively few deaths here in Oz. That's some consolation.

Hi to Diva and Blue. Always great to hear from br bear in the great north country. Bye for now . . .

(Rishi almost never sleeps on the table or drinks out my glass near the printer . . . only when absolutely necessary.)

Jul 8th, 2020, 5:07 am

Jul 8th, 2020, 5:11 am
Good morning all , hello rishi :D
Jul 8th, 2020, 5:11 am
Jul 8th, 2020, 5:45 am
HELLO ALL!!
PJ have you checked the printer for fur balls :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah i need a new one too my scanner part of the printer is voicing a very long drawn out growling and the page takes forever to scan and of course it has to be now when i need it the most :roll: :roll: :twisted: while i need to copy scan mums aged care stuff and my NDIS stuff :( :( :( are those real sun flowers pj??? i just love sunflowers. hope all goes well with your sister in laws appointment and your brothers kids should invest in some good quality duct tape and tape his but to the chair, i think it is the only way to keep him from working.
we just got back from shopping so time for nana nap
hello warez welcome back :D
kathy enjoy the rest of your day in peace.
hello to all the lurkers and regulars god bless and be with you all
wolf out
Jul 8th, 2020, 5:45 am

Jul 8th, 2020, 10:06 am
Rishi is just making sure the water her human drinks is top quality :)

Hello everyone, hope your winters and summers are treating you well. I'll be away for a while, until the lockdown situation allows me to have someone take a look at the laptop I'm using. It needs a new battery, or a charger, or both :?

Hope you'll stay happy, healthy and safe! Lots of love from your grumpy badger :wave:
Jul 8th, 2020, 10:06 am