Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
May 9th, 2021, 1:59 am
Morning all

Happy Mothers Day to all mums celebrating today :D

Matina to you and mum ill join my prayers and good wishes for tomorrow hang in there xo we are having lunch with the kids and maybe watching a movie depends on what they pick :lol: Hi Pj the view from your street is just gorgeous you live in the best part indeed :D a coolish day 23c i hope all is well with you and the girls enjoy your Sunday:) hello to all our regulars take care always :)
May 9th, 2021, 1:59 am
May 9th, 2021, 4:32 am

matina, my own mother has passed into the next world, so I'll send greetings today to your mother, and hope her appointment will go well tomorrow. My mother would have been 105 on May 1st and I was thinking of her on the day, as I am today.

Katy, hope you have a great Mother's Day with your family. Coolish up here . . . not quite 14 degrees . . . and the sun has been in and out. Not quite so many cockatoos visiting my front deck today, after great swarms during the rainy period at the beginning of the week. Yes, I can't believe how lucky I am to be living in my retirement in the beautiful Blue Mountains. Much as I would like to live close to my son and grandchildren, I know the Queensland weather wouldn't suit me at all.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being watched . . .

May 9th, 2021, 4:32 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
May 10th, 2021, 2:12 am
Hello everyone :D

PJ That cockatoo is evil looking :shock: fat and evil :lol: yeah he's watching you alright if he gets any fatter he won't be able to fly :lol: we did have a nice day yesterday the boys cooked and us ladies sat and ate :D then we supervised the clean-up of course :D its a beautiful day again 23c :D ill go and sit in the sun for awhile and just enjoy my coffee :D I hope you are ok Pj :D Matina good luck with mum today my love and prayers are with you mwah :D diva thinking of you too be safe xo :D
May 10th, 2021, 2:12 am
May 10th, 2021, 4:37 am

matina, thinking of you and your mother today. Please keep us posted.

Katy, not so warm up here today . . . only 12 degrees. I sat out in the sun for a little bit, but went inside when the clouds arrived. Waiting for pictures from the big Mother's Day celebration at my brother's house. Apparently it was a big family gathering. Glad your own day went well.

Surprised to find two last azaelas this morning . . .

Hope all the CC&BC regulars are OK.

Bye for now . . . must get ready for my tutoring this afternoon.
May 10th, 2021, 4:37 am

May 11th, 2021, 2:34 am
Hi :D

Good morning Pj I hope your brother and his wife had a wonderful mother's day filled with love and laughter, will look forward to the photos :D my little red azaleas are flowering now, better late than never I guess :D a lot of rain overnight but it clears the air we've had a lot of smoke around from backburning lately :? all the best to the family Pj :) matina check in when your able I hope mum is ok after yesterday :? xoxo
its school pick-up day for us :D
May 11th, 2021, 2:34 am
May 11th, 2021, 9:02 am
HELLO ALL!
THANK YOU ALL! for your prayers well wishes and support. I apologise for my late check in to say it has been hectic would be a very very gross understatement. Yesterdays endoscopy started off with the anesthetist turning up 1 hour later than scheduled mum was meant to be taken in at 1.30pm well at 4.30pm when we were ready to walk out they took her in. she is 74 years old nothing to eat from 6am and nothing to drink no water from 10.30am. unconscionable to say the least. I didn't eat either as i didn't want to be a pain to others who were fasting too but at 4.30 i had an apple and a small bag of popcorn before i passed out from hunger. she was brought back to recovery at 530pm discharged at 6pm and we were home by 7pm (NOT HAPPY)
procedure went well she has some narrowing and has a small hernia and 2 diverticulitis pockets on either side of said hernia this is what is causing her re-flux and nausea. so given some medication now and a few biopsy bits was sent off to the lab to see why the stomach is so red.
good news is no ulcer no polyps and no cancer was detected. huge relief as this was a concern after she had a bad case of Helicobacter pylori last year. so a huge relief GP saw her today all OK
I on the other hand just now want to find a cave so i can go into to sleep for a week!
I hope everyone else is OK.
PJ great news that they were able to change your medication keep us updated on your next appointment.
Kathy thank you for keeping me sane during those unbearable hours you truly are an ANGEL
BE SAFE EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS AND BE WITH YOU ALL!
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND LOVE.
time for dinner!
WOLF OUT!
May 11th, 2021, 9:02 am

May 11th, 2021, 10:12 am

matina, good news after a terrible experience! You don't have to tell me about long, long waits in crowded waiting rooms. I sure do commiserate. Anyhow, that endoscopy has ruled out a large number of worries and that's a good result. Hope you can rest up tonight and regain your own strength. I'm sure it will take your mother a couple of days to recoup.

Katy, I was out and about doing errands today and then came home and took a nap and finally suddenly realised that I hadn't checked in here at CC&BC as yet. Wanted to hear from matina so that was my first point of call. Am still waiting for Mother's Day photos from my niece. She has been very busy, looking after two elderly parents, two young children, and all the time helping her husband run the family business. My brother visited his 'pain clinic' on Monday for another scan of his back, in preparation (we hope) for a cortisone injection. All OK here at my house and the two spoiled fuzzies are happy . . . eating and napping.

Relatively rare shot of my fuzzies eating breakfast at the same time. They usually do it in shifts!

Greetings to all our CC&BC regulars . . . hope a few of you will stop by soon.
May 11th, 2021, 10:12 am

May 12th, 2021, 1:45 am
Hello everyone :D

Hi Pj i was getting worried when you hadn't checked in , but im glad your ok just busy :)
I love this time of year 23c all the trees are now changing colours , not as beautiful as you have in the mountains but still pretty :D
the girls are just bundles of fluff aren't they :lol: I hope you've got a good vacuum :shock: :? :lol: I just saw your photo on smy i told you those cockatoos were evil stalkers :D matina im just happy that your mums ok what a horrible day tho:( :( rest both of you all my love xo :D well time to hang out the washing be good be safe take care everyone :D
May 12th, 2021, 1:45 am
May 12th, 2021, 4:10 am

matina, still so glad to hear that things are relatively OK. Waiting now to hear about my brother's back scan. Technician told my niece off the record that it was as his oncologist thought . . . not cancer. Will know tomorrow. Then he can get his cortisone shot. My lawnmowing team was here at 10:15 this morning and gone in less than 45 minutes. $88 but a good job and it cheers me up to see both yards looking so nice. (See photo below.)

Katy, yes, I'm doing the same today as yesterday . . . will be out and about until after 5. Cardologist's office phoned early and asked for me to come in at 2:45 to start my echocardiogram early. Then I see my doctor at 4. So will be at least a couple of hours there. The Cardio Centre is right near Katoomba Hospital and so only a short drive away. My fluffy fuzzies are just fine. Cleaned out their bowls overnight. Don't know why they sometimes don't eat everything and then at other times lick the bowls clean. Cats are mysterious! Hope you have a good day!

May 12th, 2021, 4:10 am

May 12th, 2021, 7:54 am
HELLO ALL!
I had a very sore filled night hips and back are so sore from the marathon sit in at the hospital on Monday from 12.15pm till 6pm. i have swallowed and arsenal of Advil and now starting on panadol to help with the pain. I just viewed an add on television on chemist warehouse we now have Tylenol here in Australia It was granted special access during the pandemic as panadol was so hard to source and now it is here to stay. must check out the packaging and ingredients ;-) hoping they bring back digesic capsules they were awesome for pain relief.
PJ hope your brother gets some relief from the cortisone injection but if he doesn't learn to slow down unfortunately it wont help him. let us know how you get on at the cardiologist and echo cardiogram.
Kathy so glad you had a nice day with the kids on mothers day Ive just had a chance to read back on the thread. you are a god send to me.
Diva and alessa thank you for contest notifications but im not up to posting in a lot these days i just need some time to chill hopefully next week i should be back to my normal wolfy self :lol: :lol:
hello bear ice and foxy anna hija stretton bluey sherlockx JG ivannovaS miajohn dreamy star pinky
be safe and god bless you all
COFFEE TIME!
WOLF OUT!
May 12th, 2021, 7:54 am

May 12th, 2021, 12:13 pm

matina, I'm so sorry to hear about your soreness. Sending lots of good wishes and hoping that you'll feel better tomorrow. My brother has been taking Tylenol again, but has occasionally had to resort to his oxycontin presciption. He's been really scared of drugs all his life and has never even drunk alcohol, so I know he must sometimes be in a lot of pain. Yes, we're all hoping his persistent back pain is caused by his silliness in continuing his tractor work at age 70. The new scan results should be back tomorrow and I might get an e-mail overnight. As I wrote earlier, the lab technician knew my neice, so told her what she thought the results were, off the record. But my brother's oncologist was already convinced that it wasn't more cancer. (His current mini-tumours are in his lungs.) My echocardiogram went well this afternoon, and my cardiologist said that my heart looked pretty good. But he's convinced that I'm still having A-Fib from time to time and has put me on another drug, a beta-blocker, to make sure that my pulse rate stays at a reasonable level. Now having a quiet evening, sorting out my books and looking for some specific titles online. Will check back in tomorrow . . .
May 12th, 2021, 12:13 pm

May 13th, 2021, 2:30 am
Morning :D

matina all you can do is rest that hip :( sitting for so long at the hospital our arthritis just loves to rear its ugly painful head in that instance , I think Tylenol is just another form of paracetamol, its no stronger from what I read :? Hi Pj im happy to hear your echo went well, I guess you weren't too happy the dr adding another med to what you are taking :? but if it help the afib its worth it, just keep that pulse monitor thingy away from you I think the stress of that makes your pulse rate worse :? Im off to book hunt in the ebooks ive missed a couple of new releases to some series i have :D god bless mobi :D diva hugs always mwah :)
May 13th, 2021, 2:30 am
May 13th, 2021, 3:34 am

matina, here's the view from across the street at about 9 am today. Once in a great while, foggy clouds fill the Jamison Valley and it's quite picturesque. Sometimes professional photographers come and take shots of the phenomenon, because it's quite unusual. Not so striking today, but still nice. My once-a-year American window cleaner from Wentworth Falls is here right now, with his various ladders, and is cleaning all my windows. Sure does make a difference. Takes him about 4 hours or so. I can't reach the upstairs outside windows at all (through which I take so many of my photos) so this will mean clearer photographic submissions for SMY and here at CC&BC. Fuzzies don't like it at all, and are watching carefully. I also keep an eye on him when he's up on his ladders.

Katy, I'm still waiting to hear from my niece about my brother's test results. Guess it will be another day, since it's 10:30 pm over there now. Yes, about Tylenol, this is what I found: "Tylenol is the best known over-the-counter (OTC) acetaminophen product. It is also a component of well-known prescription drugs such as Darvocet and Percocet. Acetaminophen also is known as paracetamol and N-acetyl-p-aminophenol (APAP)." Like Panadol, Tylenol has stronger versions, with codeine or something, and that's what I got after my various operations, etc. It used to be called Panadeine Forte or a similar name. Like my brother, I wanted to avoid Oxycontin, and such things. Anyhow, am so glad I'm off the painkillers and wish the same for matina. Beautiful and sunny here and it's expected to start getting down below zero on Sunday. We might even get some snow! Will have my iPhone camera ready . . .

Hope everyone else is OK. Please check in and let us know.

Bye for now . . .

May 13th, 2021, 3:34 am

May 14th, 2021, 2:44 am
Hi everyone :D

Good morning Pj thankyou for the information on Tylenol :? I think anything codeine based you have to have a prescription for otherwise its just really panadol :? I hope your brother can get some relief with cortisone into his back,unfortunately years of working like he does its wearing on the body :) my dodgy knees are a good example :? how did your windows turn out :? a very cool day down to 17c at the moment yay :D matina im getting the kids flu shots done today wish us luck my daughter and I will have to sit on the 6ft 2 teenager then bribe him with food :lol: coffee time, take care everyone :D
May 14th, 2021, 2:44 am
May 14th, 2021, 8:09 am

matina and Katy . . . just now back from my various eye tests, picking up scripts, etc. Op will probably only be in July. Also had a cappuccino with my friend from Lithgow, who had taken the train in to Katoomba to meet up with me. No new news about my brother. He's in the hospital overnight and they hope a nebuliser will stop the bleeding. Otherwise, he will have to have an operation. It's 3 am there now, so I don't expect to find out more for another few hours. Very worrying. Am going to have a little nap now.

Lots and lots of cockies here at sunset . . .
May 14th, 2021, 8:09 am