Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jul 19th, 2021, 2:23 pm
Hi, everyone!

Fatima, thanks for the info about your experience with the vaccine. I haven’t had any other problems so far. The ache in my arm has lessened but it’s pretty itchy. I put an anti-itch lotion and that has helped.
pjm, those Camellias look beautiful! We have no flowers at home, only some plants. Rishi is looking good. Looks like she’s hypnotized by the birds on the patio :lol:
matina, How are you feeling? I’m glad you’re off Methotrexate as well. A weakened immune system is terrible with Covid floating around.
kathy, I’m a Harry Potter fan as well. So is Diva ;)

I’m glad Monday is almost over. Even though I’m still staying home, the days can drag when I have nothing interesting to do. Hope you’re all having a great day.
Jul 19th, 2021, 2:23 pm
Jul 19th, 2021, 2:47 pm
Jul 19th, 2021, 2:47 pm

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Jul 20th, 2021, 2:16 am
Morning all :D

I'm glad your ok after the jab alessa, my hubby had his last Wednesday and aside from a headache he's doing fine :) Diva my grandsons favourite house is gryffindor :D, he has a doona cover ,pillows all with gryffindor on them :D he's currently wearing his cape and casting spells on rotten covid as he calls it :lol: xo matina I'm sorry to hear SA has restrictions brought in :D did you get your massage in :? :( look after you and mum :? Hi Pj my camellias are done I think for now ,we had heavy winds here and most of the flowers were blown away :shock: I'm doing a video call with the kids and I'm going to listen to an English assignment my granddaughter is currently doing as part of her home-schooling :D stay safe Pj :)
Take care everyone :D
Jul 20th, 2021, 2:16 am
Jul 20th, 2021, 4:50 am

matina, sorry to hear about the Adelaide lockdown. How will this affect you? Haven't read much news as yet . . . only the headlines. Cold and windy up here, with the sun peeking through now and again. A few cockatoos have just shown up . . . there haven't been as many visiting my front deck lately. My brother just sent me a text and said he was feeling well, which cheered me up.

Katy, this is a strange, strange world we're living in. But I guess everything has to change as the years go by . . . never expected this weird, lockdown society, though . . . At least we have our families, and of course the children take it all in stride. Hope your family will stay well. Foraged my free water up at North Leura late yesterday after and snapped the top picture just before sunset.

Diva, Alessa, Fatima . . . always great to hear from you.

Bottom photo . . . late yesterday afternoon on Leura Mall . . . showing a few of the pre-WWI buildings from when Leura was first built, as a kind of residential suburb for Katoomba's coal-mining and tourist community . . .
Jul 20th, 2021, 4:50 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jul 20th, 2021, 7:49 am
HELLO ALL!
managed to squeeze in our massages we go into lockdown tonight. had to cancel my hairdressing appointment and chiropractor appointment and have rescheduled them hopefully for next week. on the plus side i get 7 home days whoohooooo!!! catch up on some TV and reading and just to chill out.
Kathy it must be hard for the kids it is a pity you cant all go to the park to have some exercise at an acceptable distance that is. you walk while they run.
PJ to be honest I was burning the candle at both ends of late so this lockdown is a very nice break for me. Id love the break but on better circumstances for everyone we can all use a break but without the lethal repercussions of this pandemic.
hello bear ice dreamy JG alessa and diva thank you for contest notifications.
so time for a coffee and couch time.
be safe take care everyone take care and god bless and save us all.
WOLF OUT!
Jul 20th, 2021, 7:49 am

Jul 21st, 2021, 2:03 am

I miss my hairdresser :lol: matina enjoy the break if anyone deserves a long rest you do :D I hope you've got some activities for your mum she's not going to want to sit still :? Hi Pj yes it's certainly is strange times, we're just so getting used to this new normal :? The kids are ok to a point but my granddaughter is definitely missing face to face with her friends, zoom classroom is just not the same :? She is a bit of a social butterfly :? It can't last forever I hope :? Glad to hear your brother is doing better my best wishes to the family :D 13c very windy brrrr :D I keep thinking of sunnya sitting on the heating vent :D :lol: diva hugs always xo be safe everyone :D
Jul 21st, 2021, 2:03 am
Jul 21st, 2021, 5:44 am

matina, I hope you're having a restful day today, and making the best of your new lockdown. I know exactly what you mean. That's the 'good side' of a lockdown, if you can call it that. I was over at Leura Mall getting my milk late yesterday afternoon, and was surprised to see the amazing Tibetan flag flying there. The Mall has about 8 flagpoles and usually each one flies a particular flag, in addition to the Australian flag and the Aboriginal flag. No-one there seemed to know why Tibet was singled out. Anyhow, all well here in my house. I have lots of water, food, cat food and firewood, so . . . no complaints! Planning to ring my brother again tonight, at about 10:30.

Katy, let's hope this present strict lockdown can come to an end soon. I've given up speculating what is really going on. From all my history reading, I can only compare these times to what happens in wartime, such as during WWII. Everyone is worried and the government is trying to sound confident and keep everyone calm . . . even though no-one is really sure what's going on and when it will end. But I know from my reading that every single pandemic in history has come to an end, so I'm optimistic that this one will end too. I really feel sorry for the parents in NSW with children. Can't imagine how they cope. But as I told matina, I'm doing well and am grateful that my health has held up, so I won't complain! Beautiful, sunny winter's day up here . . . about 6 degrees.

Diva, Fatima, Alessa . . . hope you'll stay in touch.

Bye for now . . .

Jul 21st, 2021, 5:44 am

Jul 21st, 2021, 6:00 am
Good day, all!

Lockdown sucks. We’re still on Level 3 semi-lockdown although measures have been relaxed a bit. Some parts of Taiwan are allowing restaurant in-dinning, but Taipei City and New Taipei City haven’t. This means my mom and I are cooking our own meals during the day and ordering food delivery at night. Most businesses are still open, but you have to register, get your temperature taken and hand sanitized before entering the premises.

It’s been 4 days since my shot and the swelling hasn’t gone down. The pain is a bit more manageable thanks to painkillers and ice. Found through online search that I have Covid arm. It’s not life-threatening but painful and itchy. It’s supposed to go away in a few days but mine hasn’t yet.

Went to the bank and the bakery earlier today and there were very few people there. Lots of people at the supermarket and convenience stores though. Probably due to the likelihood that Typhoon In-Fa will hit us by Friday. Doesn’t make much difference to most of us since we’re prepared and staying home a lot due to the pandemic.
Jul 21st, 2021, 6:00 am
Jul 21st, 2021, 9:34 am
HELLO ALL!
ALESSA I am so sad that you have that i hope it goes away soon. don't laugh but toothpaste the actual paste not the gel if you smear the site will help with the itch it is an old mosquito bite remedy helps the itchiness and it keeps it cool. hope it helps you.
PJ nice to hear everyone is well and that you are all stocked up.
Kathy did i say i wanted a nice quiet lockdown :?
well the email form NDIS arrived today finally, we wont go into that more exploration is needed wait till my GP sees it he will have a fit.
I rang up the transport department to check on the progress of mums disabled parking permit application. after being disconnected twice on the phone by them. they discovered it wasn't signed by mum so they sent an email i printed it got her to sign it and then resent it to them now. tomorrow i will have to call them to pay for the permit as it was approved as soon as they received the email.
:? oh so then i go to turn on my computer (desktop) and it wouldn't start :( :( :o :shock: well it would try too then it would turn off then try to restart on its own but shutdown again on a repetitive cycle. I sent a text to my techy friend who said it is probably dead have you tried to unplug it for a while and try again.
i said yes. then he says it is probably dead. :( :( :( so i tried to start it again and it was doing the same again, so i beat it up and bounced it around a bit by shaking the casing and bouncing it off the table. (a kind of reboot old style) well darn it all to tarnation! :o :shock: it worked :lol: :lol: :lol: it is working like a dream!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) techy friend said it probably needed some love and a good kick never hurt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
so here is hoping tomorrow will be better than today. i now have 6 home days left i pray nothing else goes wrong or i will not be held responsible for what i will do.
hello to bear ice diva and anyone else i may have missed be safe and take care may god bless and be with you all.
WOLF OUT!
Jul 21st, 2021, 9:34 am

Jul 21st, 2021, 10:13 am

matina, so glad that you were able to get your computer working again with what we used to call 'percussive maintenance.' Don't know what I'd do without mine, although I guess I could fall back to some degree on my Fire tablet and iPhone. It sure is a lifeline. Let's hope your Adelaide lockdown ends when it's supposed to end. I'm speculating that here in Sydney we might go on through August to September. Anyhow, I'm ready for it . . .

Alessa, oh no! So sorry about your arm. I already mentioned that I knew a person who had a sore arm for weeks after an ordinary tetanus shot. But it will eventually get better. Hope you try matina's toothpaste treatment. (I don't recommend that you treat your arm like she did her PC, though.)

Lots of cockatoos back on the front deck today . . . plus a couple of dozen rosellas.

Hope everyone is staying well . . .

Jul 21st, 2021, 10:13 am

Jul 22nd, 2021, 1:41 am
MORNING ALL!
To my fellow cosy cafe folks and mobi members this is what PJ has taught and made the cockies resort to because they cant fend for themselves in the bush on their own anymore. It is attack open and eat out of wheelie bin day.
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/offtrack/clever-cockies-bins-and-sins/11387992 :lol: :lol: :lol: this is what PJ has been teaching them on his breakfast buffet. :lol: :lol: :lol:
kathy home day today so loving it it is cold raining and i cant be happier! ahhhhh
I hope everyone is well and enjoying their day god bless and be with you all
WOLF OUT
Jul 22nd, 2021, 1:41 am

Jul 22nd, 2021, 2:51 am
Hey all :D

Matina way to go get the computer to work and get some agro out at the same time absolutely made me laugh I needed that :lol: is it still going :shock: :? love the wheelie bin cockies :D
Good morning Pj I love your percussive maintenance remark :lol: :lol: you made my day I've often resorted to that method a few times myself :D 15c sunny too cold to sit outside it was -1 this morning :? matina link regarding the cockies they must have missed breakfast at Pj's :lol: I hope you are all doing ok take care everyone :D
Jul 22nd, 2021, 2:51 am
Jul 22nd, 2021, 4:59 am
Image :lol: :lol: :lol: Image
Jul 22nd, 2021, 4:59 am

Jul 22nd, 2021, 5:48 am

matina, I think I recognise some of the cockies in that ABC documentary. At least 4 or 5 are mine, regular visitors to my front deck. Or, at least, I think so. They only participated in the doco because of the free food. And I'm pretty sure the one who pulls on the guy's shoelaces is my very own 'naughty cockie' . . . who does that to me on my front deck, forcing me to wear my rubber gardening shoes whenever I go out with the wild bird seeds. Anyhow, they seem to be getting lots of publicity. I've seen them getting into the Leura red-topped bins . . . but not mine. They know my front deck offers better pickings. Hope you have a nice, restful day today.

Katy, it was supposed to be down to -3 last night. When I went to bed it was 1 degree, so I slept through the very cold part of the night. Bright and sunny now, without any wind. Just checked and it's already up to 10 degrees, as of 2:30 pm. Almost feels warm! I just noticed that I'm running out of organic sugar and have received an e-mail saying that I have a package in my PO box. So I might drive over to Leural Mall after about 4:30.

Alessa, hope your arm is feeling better today. Let us know. I'm sure it will get back to normal soon.

Fatima, yes, 'green life' is much better when it's quiet and peaceful and boring! Am still trying to participate in a few contests as well as my favourite SMY photo contest. Diva keeps me in the loop with her regular notifications!

Yesterday's sunny photos posted here . . . I have such great views close to home!

Bye for now . . .

Jul 22nd, 2021, 5:48 am

Jul 23rd, 2021, 2:35 am
Hello everyone

Pj your cockies are very particular I can't see them dumpster diving :lol: but how smart are the wheelie bin ones :? the only thing the local cockies do around here is poop on everything :shock: :lol: 15c beautiful day no wind ahhh enjoying the cold while we can :) matina I think i just heard a few thousand parents faint they say we may be in lockdown till October :( :( bloody hell :( I'm glad your ok be safe if you have to go out :?
Alessa I hope your arm is better :?
Be safe everyone :D take care :)
Jul 23rd, 2021, 2:35 am