Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Aug 15th, 2018, 1:20 am
morning all off to the podiatrist this morning
feeling a bit better swelling has gone down had a sparodic sleep and a fever but feeling better today
take care everyone got to get ready and head out need to visit the chemist for some more medication for mum as i think she is relapsing flu wise god kill me now;-(
Aug 15th, 2018, 1:20 am

Aug 15th, 2018, 1:39 am
*hugs you tight matina* good luck at the podiatrist! i hope that you have a better day today. ♥
Aug 15th, 2018, 1:39 am

If you're reading this, drink some water :)
Aug 15th, 2018, 1:53 am
Hello all :wave: Matina we're off to some drs appts as well today :D Good to hear your feeling a bit better I hope mum doesn't relapse fingers crossed love to you both :D Hi star I'm supposed to clear out my books too, but I can't decide what to throw out its like getting rid of your children :lol: evening bear, ice john :D Good morning Pj brace yourself for the winds today it's blowing a gale down here and it's 26c I hate the warm winds hope your recovered from your drive :D How's our rishi :)
Aug 15th, 2018, 1:53 am
Aug 15th, 2018, 2:00 am
:wave: good evening/day/morning all :D

get rid of books :o the horrors... when I moved a few years ago my brother in law said the trailer would have weighed half as much if I got rid of my books... just for that I made him cart every single box downstairs :wink: he said if I plan on moving again he's just going to burn my house down so he doesn't have to move the books :lol:

burn my babies :o :shock: :evil: :wtf:
Aug 15th, 2018, 2:00 am
Aug 15th, 2018, 2:24 am
Good morning . . . Wednesday already . . . to eastern hemisphere TLWBFers matina and Katy and Alessa and Star.

matina and Katy, hope the appointments go well. Star, trust that you're feeling better now.

Ice, I have my thousands of books mainly stored in plastic boxes in my garage now, up on storage shelves I had specially built, when I bought this house back in 2007. It was quite a job to bring my collection out from Sydney. I now have 'only' a few hundred, maybe 1500 or so, of my favourites in various bookcases.

Katy, I can't believe how windy it is up here . . . again . . . though a bright and beautiful winter's day otherwise. It's howling in the chimney and vibrating the house. Glad my house is made of bricks and not of straw or sticks!

Hi to Diva and John, br bear and Stretton, and the other regulars.

Yet another photo from my brother's area . . . taken a few days ago . . .

Aug 15th, 2018, 2:24 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Aug 15th, 2018, 2:29 am
Evening gang!!! :wave:

matina glad to hear you are feeling slightly better

need... we will send good thoughts your way for your surgery :)

pj... another great photo :D and wishing Rishi good luck with her surgery

and books... if I only had the room.... a nice library with the leather sofas...fireplace and shelves and shelves of books would be heaven.... :lol: :lol:
Aug 15th, 2018, 2:29 am
Aug 15th, 2018, 3:21 am
I've got the solution! We all just pitch in to live in Belle's castle from Beauty and the Beast and have our own books there! :D

Honestly, I would've punched anyone in the face if they suggested burning my books. It'd just be a reflex action. My books are the most important thing in my life (apart from Mum). I'd cry if anything happened to them.
Aug 15th, 2018, 3:21 am

Aug 15th, 2018, 3:37 am

Hope to hear that everyone's appointments went well today.

Wind here is gusting up to 55 kph (35 mph).

Star, I agree on the importance of books!

br bear, thanks for the good wishes for Rishi. She's getting her eye cream and fortunately doesn't know that she'll be off at 6 am tomorrow for her op. Actually, she' enjoying a nice lunch just now.

matina, let us know how you're going.
Aug 15th, 2018, 3:37 am

Aug 15th, 2018, 3:39 am
well he got a dirty look when he first mentioned getting rid of them..but when he realized how serious I was he settled down..after that it was all in fun :wink: when I threatened his precious motorcycle he knew not to mess with a book lover :lol:
Aug 15th, 2018, 3:39 am
Aug 15th, 2018, 3:52 am
Ice my husband made the mistake of saying that my books were overtaking the house the bedroom etc , he said some have to go I looked at him and raised an eyebrow 8) I know who's gonna go and it ain't my books :lol: :lol: :lol: Just waiting at the drs reading be good all :D
Aug 15th, 2018, 3:52 am
Aug 15th, 2018, 4:22 am

Katy, I can't believe this . . . winter bush fires out of control down around Nowra or Ulladullla . . .

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-15/b ... a/10122034

There's also apparently a small fire here in the Blue Mountain, but up on the Bell's Line of Road, near Bilpin.

Of course, it's been very dry and the showers we got last week (and snow flurries) didn't amount to anything at all.

Only just checked on this news, plus 'Fires Near Me' a few minutes ago . . .

Aug 15th, 2018, 4:22 am

Aug 15th, 2018, 4:50 am
Ice, I would've done the same.
Katy, just move the whole husband. Books are better. :lol: :lol: :lol:
PJ, heck! I didn't know that winter bush fires were a thing. I guess it's usually too damp, but the entire country is in drought, though. :( Please stay safe, especially if those fires are close and spread.
And send Rishi my loves when you can. I'm wishing her the best for her surgery tomorrow. :)
Aug 15th, 2018, 4:50 am

Aug 15th, 2018, 6:29 am
Yeah... my wife knows better. She would NEVER have suggested I get rid of the books...
She knew that eventually I would have to come to the conclusion on my own... sigh

Good Whatever all...
I hope all is going well
Aug 15th, 2018, 6:29 am

Aug 15th, 2018, 7:20 am
Yes john he soon realized his mistake he's never suggested it again 8) :lol: Pj I can't believe I'm seeing the news :? bushfires in the mountains and elsewhere the winds still very gusty, I hope your ok are you seeing the smoke :? Matina drs appt went ok , pretty tired hope you and mum are alright :) Star my books are safe we ust bought a bigger bookcase for our spare room :D I'm passing out on the lounge good night everyone :D
Aug 15th, 2018, 7:20 am
Aug 15th, 2018, 8:08 am
we were running out of space, so i not long ago had to get rid of my collection of Cassie Edwards which i had collected since a teenager and a few Christine Feehan ones plus harry potter. i gave them away to my niece. others to the rotary club but needless to say i replaced them first with the digital versions, i cried afterwards i still miss them,
star i am with you let us all move into belles castle or some Gothic vampiric castle nestled in some snow covered mountain top and become immortal so we can get a chance to read all of our digital books we have hoarded off mobilism over the years :lol: :lol: 8) but i would probably go werewolf i really dont like liquid only diets i love my steaks vegies chocolates cakes and chips popcorn etc far too much to give that up :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :o :shock: oh hell just food in general :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am slowly getting better the lymph glands are feeling more like their normal size but still very sore :( :(
on that note time for tea and bickies :lol: :lol: 8)

Aug 15th, 2018, 8:08 am