Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Sep 18th, 2018, 4:44 am

Good . . . well . . . early afternoon on a sunny Tuesday to matina and Katy and Alessa and Star in the eastern hemisphere. Am leading off with a photo a took at the end of my walk yesterday, just after I met and talked to three Indian students from the local Torrens University 'School of Hotel Management' just up the street. They were enjoying the sunset and I'd met them previously.

Lots of action here at TLWBF this morning and I'll have to read back and check on details, all the while treading the usual minefield of bizarre images from my Mobi friends . . .

Belle, hope you'll enjoy your new home in Oregon. I've visited northern California but never ventured further north. My friend Roger thinks Portland, OR is the best place to live in the US and he's usually right.

Hi to br bear and Ice and John too. No doubt you're still up and about. And thanks for the latest contest notifications, Diva. I missed a few contests this morning . . . getting up late and then spending some time in my sunny backyard garden with Sunnya and Cosmo. (Rishi slept in.)

And of course hi and welcome to Ada too. You'll find all kinds of things to interest you here at TLWBF . . . but don't be discouraged if there are a few hours of emptiness. It happens from time to time.

I have acquaintances in Massachusetts and have been hearing about the gas explosions around Andover and the shark attacks too.

More photos of the fuzzies later. John, will get over to SC later this afternoon. Can't believe that it's almost World Series time . . .
Sep 18th, 2018, 4:44 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Sep 18th, 2018, 6:26 am
so i'm pretty sure that the new neighbours in the halfway house straight across the road from me are vampires. they only come out at night, or when it's overcast, their blinds are down all day long, and they're pale as heck. vampires is the only legitimate explanation.

also, hello, all. i hope y'all are doing well.
Sep 18th, 2018, 6:26 am

If you're reading this, drink some water :)
Sep 18th, 2018, 6:37 am
Star, I received a phone call from iiNet yesterday afternoon, from one of their support people in Capetown. She was quite knowledgeable and quickly agreed that iiNet could do nothing with my present physical (copper wire) 'infrastructure' (as she called it). To my surprise, she suggested that I appeal directly to NBN's technical department (as opposed to the complaints section in Melbourne) and inform them of how many 'tickets' I'd received, and my continuing 'slow' 14.9 download speed. I told her that I'd failed to find any such contact number last year, but she said it was my only hope. Personally, I think there's faint chance of a physical upgrade around here, while other parts of the mountains are still waiting for the NBN. Anyhow, it was nice to get a phone call from someone with good technical knowledge. (I always tell the iiNet support people that my daughter-in-law's family is from Capetown and that always pleases them!)

Back deck visitors this afternoon, attracted by the leftover cat food (not good enough for my fuzzies). They were very tame and weren't scared off by the currawongs and magpies. I took this shot about an hour ago. Position of the sun meant that this was the best I could do.
Sep 18th, 2018, 6:37 am

Sep 18th, 2018, 7:32 am
Belle wrote:I'm moving to the west coast, Oregon. I've always lived in the southeast (Alabama and Tennessee areas) so huge change.

NO ****!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Conservative Red to Liberal Blue... now that is indeed a HUGE change :D
Good luck with that... oh, and Oregon is beautiful

Sorry matina... busy tonight. It was a big sports night in Chicago with the Bears playing and the Cubs playing...
Thank god they both won. And sorry to hear about the expensive loo fix.

Pj... it always nice to talk to a real live person, especially if they are nice, even if they really can't help you.
And nice pics of the Birds, what are they?

Star... halfway house? Maybe they are just stoned all day and the bright lights are just that, too bright :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Ice... a little late to the show, but I was busy do a "little" drinking while watching some sports. SC is now all updated and don't forget to pay up on the bet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Ada L... you might be the first newbie we haven't chased away with our "different" sense of humor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well the bar is open...

AND PJ... CLOSE YOUR EYES BECAUSE THE BAR IS REALLY OPEN :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the older crowd...

And for those like them young

And those that "like" Beer

And adds new meaning to "put it on my Tab"
Sep 18th, 2018, 7:32 am

Sep 18th, 2018, 7:56 am
John, those are kookaburras . . . kind of like kingfishers . . . known in the old days as 'laughing jackasses' because of their typcial call. ''Kookaburra sits the old gum tree/Merry, merry king of bush is he/Laugh kookaburra, laugh kookaburra . . . ' etc.

I turned my camera up and to the northeast and got this view . . .

Diva, have now finalised plans to visit Apple in Penrith tomorrow afternoon.
Sep 18th, 2018, 7:56 am

Sep 18th, 2018, 8:28 am
OMG JG your the best barman ever!!!! i may even take up beer tasting again (normally hate the stuff, unless lemonade is involved) yes! shandy damn it!!! whats wrong with that!!!! oh and JG if you hear them laugh you will never ever forget it especially if it is the sound that wakes you up from a sound sleep.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqdRQxgtZtI
PJ those were great shots of kookaburras awesome!! :D :D

Australia is now too scared to eat fruit because of stupid ass-hats sticking sewing needles in our fruit https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/food-warnings/strawberry-contamination-scare-spreads-to-six-states/news-story/d73917532caa75e68eafdd874cec7694it started off with strawberries, then yesterday bananas and now today apples :o :shock: have also been added to the list :o :shock: we were told to cut strawberries before eating them now all fruit is being scanned by metal detectors. :o :shock: what is the world coming to when small children innocents will be affected, & who knows what else is coming next. absolutely disgusting disgraceful dangerous COWARDLY behavior if you have a problem with a company target the company head on if you have the balls not innocent consumers you FLAMING BLOODY COWARDS!!!
my vent for the day is done time for coffee and cake and to go buy frozen berries for fruit options now GROWL!!!! they should go to Jail and sell anything they own to recompense farmers for their lost income and give them hard labor behind bars to work off the debt. (filthy animals) even they know not to shit where they eat!
Sep 18th, 2018, 8:28 am

Sep 18th, 2018, 8:44 am
I would have to assume that any bird nick named "laughing jackasses" is NOT something I want outside my window waking me up when I'm hung over...
It was bad enough in college when one of our room mates kept a rooster in the back yard... (that didn't last long)

Pj... now that looks like a beautiful "crisp" day
Sep 18th, 2018, 8:44 am

Sep 18th, 2018, 9:01 am
PJ, that's good news! I hope there's a resolution that way, too. :)

John, this specific halfway house is meant to be just emergency housing for people struggling, but we have had some doozies that have lived there.

Matina, oh FFS!! I eat those fruits every single day and now they're either going to be pulled completely or the prices will be jacked up. God, I hate people so much.
Sep 18th, 2018, 9:01 am

Sep 18th, 2018, 9:19 am
Star, Matina I can't believe these idiots its just pure luck that someone hasn't been seriously hurt :( my grandchildren love to have strawberries in their lunches you try and give them healthy options ,now I hear on the news that other fruit are affected :? The poor farmers are suffering enough :( god I hope they catch these assholes :( :( Pj such a great photo of the kookaburras :D we don't get to see any down here not that close amazing shot :D John I'm now a converted beer drinker :thumbup: :wave: :lol: Goodnight from me take care all :D
Sep 18th, 2018, 9:19 am
Sep 18th, 2018, 10:24 am
Matina, Katy, since I don't have faith in people, I believe there's probably a lot of copy cats out there doing it just to be buttheads. And as if the poor farmers aren't going through enough already with this drought our country is facing. I'm so angry at these losers for doing that. They should just slag their bosses/whatever out on facebook like the bogans they clearly are.
Sep 18th, 2018, 10:24 am

Sep 18th, 2018, 3:35 pm
well its only 8:30 a.m. but I believe I will have a beer :lol: :lol: :lol: does he deliver? :D

matina wrote:OMG JG your the best barman ever!!!! i may even take up beer tasting again (normally hate the stuff, unless lemonade is involved) yes! shandy damn it!!! whats wrong with that!!!!

matina, what is better than a Shandy.. a Citrus Shandy.. lemonade and orange juice.. yummmy :wink:

good morning all :wave:
Sep 18th, 2018, 3:35 pm
Sep 18th, 2018, 3:52 pm
Thank you all for the welcome. :D

matina wrote:PJ with his pussies :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Well, drat. I missed those.

johngriffen wrote:And Ada L... you might be the first newbie we haven't chased away with our "different" sense of humor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh no? What did you do? I'm shocked, you hear? Shocked! :shock:

Hello, whiskey. And now I like beer even more. I think I'm gonna buy some… And the last pic is nice too, except for those shoes.

Sticking needles in fruit. WTF is wrong with people?

Safe travel, Belle.

Morning, Ice.
Sep 18th, 2018, 3:52 pm

If you like a book, support the author. ❤️
Trouble dl files? https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=649944
Stay safe, Mobi ones. Special thanks to the Red Team and the Green Contests Team.
Sep 18th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Here's a repeat photo, Ada!

Good night, everyone!
Sep 18th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Sep 18th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Awww… That's a really fluffy pussy. :D
Sep 18th, 2018, 4:29 pm

If you like a book, support the author. ❤️
Trouble dl files? https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=649944
Stay safe, Mobi ones. Special thanks to the Red Team and the Green Contests Team.
Sep 19th, 2018, 1:59 am
Ahh, Rishi!! You've absolutely made my morning, thank you, PJ! :D
Sep 19th, 2018, 1:59 am