Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
May 15th, 2021, 2:30 am
Hello all :D

Morning Pj well its snowing in Thredbo so great cold yummy weather here 15c I bet the fuzzies will be wanting that fire going :D my love and thoughts to your family im praying that he's home soon with his wife :( you look after yourself too :? snuggle those kittens and keep warm :D matina im going shopping for a new soup pot cause I kinda burnt my other one :shock: :lol: the kids had their flu shots yesterday no dramas just had to bribe them with treats kinda like puppies :lol: have a good day everyone take care :D
May 15th, 2021, 2:30 am
May 15th, 2021, 5:30 am

matina, have been sending out PMs and e-mails to friends about my brother's hospitalisation. He's doing OK today but still in ICU and no word yet on what they're going to do about his lungs. Absolutely freezing cold up here in the mountains, blowing a gale, sun coming in and out, rain mixed with wet snow at one point about 12 noon. What a day. Anyhow, have visitors tomorrow so am cleaning up a bit. (Cataract op is now set for about July. No date yet. Eye pressure was good yesterday.)

Katy, thanks for all your good wishes. Rishi slept on my bed last night and Sunnya stayed near the fireplace. Today is supposed to be even colder. About zero today, with wind-chill taken into account. 5 degrees otherwise. Sun has come out but the wind is still roaring. Ultra-marathon runners have been racing past the house since about 7 am, as part of the annual Blue Mountains event. It's got bigger each year, with 100 km and 50 km tracks through the upper mountains. There's only one place where the runners go through the streets, from one part of the NP to another, and that's right in front of my house. Some are only wearing shorts and t-shirts!

Hope everyone else is well. Bye for now.

May 15th, 2021, 5:30 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
May 16th, 2021, 1:22 am
Hello all :D

Morning Pj brrrrr is all I can say 2c here this morning im so loving it :D as for those marathon runners yeah fun to watch they'd have to be nuts running in the mountains in shorts and tshirts :o still the scenery alone would be worth it :) matina its a good couch day curled up with a book I wish this weather was all year round i feel almost human :D happy weekend to everyone xo
May 16th, 2021, 1:22 am
May 16th, 2021, 2:58 am

Good morning, matina and Katy and all the CC&BC gang. Yes, a cold night up here too, down to freezing, I think. I have visitors coming, so won't write more now.
May 16th, 2021, 2:58 am

May 16th, 2021, 8:15 am
hello all!
PJ very sad news on your brother my prayers are with you and all the family in Maine. I am hoping he wont need invasive surgery to stop the bleeding. I pray he gets home to his wife so they can spend what little time left she has together. My heart just breaks for you being so far away and unable to travel to them to be of any real assistance to them all, especially knowing you may not ever see them again in this lifetime. :( :( :( I am still praying for a miracle for them they deserve it. I can never fathom how so many evil people are allowed to roam this earth with no other purpose except spreading hate and malevolence and chaos and destruction get to live and good folks salt of the earth generous folks get taken far too soon :( :( :(
Kathy like you said i am so loving this cold weather no complaints here at all but i don't mind asking for it to be colder i love it!! took mum out to another pub we got a window seat well needless to say my left leg is now well roasted feet swollen just from a little sunshine, i asked for a steak well done no rosemary and what do i get this nice cooked steak with a whole branch (bush) standing up in my steak of rosemary :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: i sent it back and waited another 15 to 20 minutes for another steak to be done :( :( mum ate her meal on her own while i looked on and then i ate my meal on my own (well attempted to it was like eating beef flavored chewing gum) :? :( so not going to that pub again mum asked for another bread roll the waitress said i will go check for you she never came back or acknowledged to come back and reply (so we assume that was a no) :shock: :o :? :? :? so the service sucked the food was worse so not going there again. oh and the portion size was well lets say my little snowy (long haired chihuahua would have came home hungry too) probably gnawing on my well roasted left leg :lol: :lol: :lol:
hello to all the regulars i hope all is well with you all.
IvannovaS & JG any more nice pics of your gorgeous new home? :? :?
Fatima i still don't see any more new fury adorable faces here ( i just know your holding out on us)
diva i hope all is well with you and your safe with your family
Alessa how are you? pop in and let us know
ice bear sherlockx mia anna hija pop in and say hello update us on how things are with you all.
be safe and god bless you all
WOLF OUT!
May 16th, 2021, 8:15 am

May 16th, 2021, 1:29 pm

Hi, matina . . . visitors gone by 4:30 today and I had a much-needed nap. My niece sent this photo of her and her children on a beach near the local National Park on the ocean. My brother is going to be in the hospital through Monday, but hasn't coughed for nearly 24 hours now. Has been been put on a 'Cardiac Diet' after fasting for nearly two days. Glad you're enjoying your colder weather. Was down to zero here last night. Just about time to start making phone calls to my US family. Bye for now!
May 16th, 2021, 1:29 pm

May 17th, 2021, 2:24 am
Morning

Pj gorgeous scenery in the photo your niece is amazing in what she's dealing with and looking after her own family as well , I so wish her the best of everything :? I have faith your brother will be home soon i doubt much will keep him away from his wife :? I do pray that he won't need surgery keep us posted and take care of you :D matina sounds like that pub you went to is buying the cheaper cuts of meat, we had the same experience in a restaurant here the waitress told us their meat supplier wasn't getting the quality he used to before covid I didn't buy it they're trying to make money on cheaper food :shock: :( :( anyway cleaning day today :D be good everyone :D diva mwah
May 17th, 2021, 2:24 am
May 17th, 2021, 4:32 am

matina, my brother was moved out of ICU into a normal room. He's supposed to have more tests tomorrow, to see what they do about his lungs. They're enjoying spring weather there. Hope your weekend was a good one.

Katy, thanks again for your good wishes. I expect to talk to my brother and niece and sister-in-law after about 10 pm tonight, when it's Monday morning for them. It's a good sign that my brother has been moved out of ICU. He's on a special diet and I'm not sure why he had to fast for nearly two days. He says he wasn't hungry, though. Hope you're enjoying a sunny day, down your way. No wind up here so I was able to sit out in the sun for a while this morning.

Greetings to all the CC&BC gang. Hope you'll drop by and say hi.

Closing with a friendly kookaburra on my back deck . . .

May 17th, 2021, 4:32 am

May 18th, 2021, 1:26 am
Hey everyone :D

PJ maybe they kept him fasting in case he had to have surgery :? in any case lets hope things have settled down for him and the tests clear him to go home :? It is lovely outside today :D so yes I brewed a pot of coffee and just enjoyed the sun , now I need to get up and do some things around the house, im waiting on the guy to call me back about cleaning the gutters he has a vaccum system he uses which is quite impressive :D less mess to clean up after :? Matina I hope your ok and enjoy a good massage god id kill for one myself :lol: no school pick-up today so just sent chocolate brownies hubby made over to their house i promised the teenager he'd have them today :lol: hugs always xo diva how are you doing there mwah :)
May 18th, 2021, 1:26 am
May 18th, 2021, 3:33 am

matina, this is the view my brother had from his hospital window. So glad he's home now!

Katy, Sunnya is just out of the photo below. She loves sleeping by the fire.

Will write more later. Bye, everyone . . .
May 18th, 2021, 3:33 am

May 18th, 2021, 6:51 am
Greetings all

Hope you're all fine and dandy. Please to see your brother is home pj.

Just a quick drive-by as I'm due at the shop today.

A furry for Matina

This is little Gizmo, who's staying at the kennels while his owner is ill in hospital. Such a cutie :D

As you can see we're back working at the pound, got soaked by a rain shower yesterday, then the sun came out and dried us off. I'll try and get more photos for next week.

Stay safe, stay sane and stay smiling :D
May 18th, 2021, 6:51 am

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
May 18th, 2021, 1:07 pm

Fatima, nice photo of little Gizmo! Hope his owner recovers soon. Yes, my brother is home from the hospital and I'm very relieved.

matina, hope you're well. Check in when you can and let us know.

Fire going tonight and I'm enjoying a quiet evening at home.

Rishi is enjoying a brand new cardboard box, near the fireplace . . .
May 18th, 2021, 1:07 pm

May 19th, 2021, 2:29 am
Hey fatima good to see you and that your back with the puppies yay :D Hi Pj such good news about your brother being home, i love the photo you sent me how beautiful they both are :D thank you for your pm :)
aw rishi nothing like a new box to play in , they must make you laugh at their antics with the boxes :D such a beautiful day again no wind just blue sky :D i hope you'll relax a bit now too :D matina bail fund ready get in and get out quickly :( hello everyone else hugs always xo :D
May 19th, 2021, 2:29 am
May 19th, 2021, 3:34 am

matina, am hoping for a quiet week or more, having finished all my variouis medical check-ups. Hope you're doing OK. Now I'm keeping in touch with my brother and his wife, partly by way of my niece. After 10:30 pm there now, so most of the family has gone to bed. They're early risers and/or have young children.

Katy, yes, more good weather on the way too. Rishi and Sunnya seem well. Rishi has a checkup next week, when she'll have her blood tested, to see how her anemia is going. She was about normal a month ago, and seems to have a pink nose and is eating well. Sunnya is much the same . . . very fluffy, and sometimes sleeps out on the patio at night, at least for any hour or two. Helps to have a fluffy coat!

Up to 11 degrees here in the mountains now, and sunny. Rosellas have discovered some uneaten seeds, so are filling up while the cockies are away.
May 19th, 2021, 3:34 am

May 20th, 2021, 3:05 am
Hi all :D

Morning Pj sunnya looks nice and cuddly she would be a good foot warmer :D very cold this morning 4c i even felt a bit of a chill usually im quite warm even in winter :shock: our local lorikeets are gathering in the gum tree outback they are lovely, but I don't like the presents they leave behind on my outdoor table :lol: my hubby was dumped on by the birds I laughed, its supposed to be good luck :lol: matina im going underwear shopping hmmmmm :lol: :lol: hugs xo stay safe everyone bless :)
May 20th, 2021, 3:05 am