Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 26th, 2018, 7:52 am
Oh man yesterday I was having a nap and the fire alarm went off, had to leave the building and go sit in my car clutching my laptop, turns out the other building has their alarms tied to ours and for some odd reason they didn't know that... and then today the alarms went off again, got dressed and then my apartment door flings open!! :shock: :shock: Turns out the fire alarm check was today and not tomorrow, I got my days mixed up... looking on the bright side at least I was dressed... :lol: :lol: Well and after I thought about it, if the other building had their test yesterday then it would make sense that our building would be the next day... :? :?
Apr 26th, 2018, 7:52 am
Apr 26th, 2018, 10:20 am

What an experience, Stretton! Hope that's the end of it!

My closest similar experience is my kitchen smoke alarm, which occasionally goes off when I burn the toast. When this happens, Cosmo carefully but very briskly heads down the stairs and out the cat door into the back yard . . .

Hope everyone else is OK . . . was quite a nice day here today, all day . . . now down to 12 degrees . . .
Apr 26th, 2018, 10:20 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Apr 26th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Stretton why are you thankfull you were dressed. It would save time getting undressed :lol: :lol: hot firemen :lol: :lol: . im home at last exhausted got chiro appointment tomorrow morning then lunch out. Night night all. Pj dr found a similar medication called norgesic so will get script soon and try them out fingers crossed.
Apr 26th, 2018, 2:05 pm

Apr 26th, 2018, 2:33 pm
That's good news, matina.

Good night, everyone!

Apr 26th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Apr 26th, 2018, 10:54 pm
PJ - you have a very smart cat!! Can evacuate all by himself... :D

Matina - it wasn't like the fireman actually came to the building... it was the building manager and a sidekick... and believe me I was glad I was dressed!! :lol: :lol: Hope your new medication works out!! :thumbup:

Hope everyone is having a great day and evening!! :D :D
Apr 26th, 2018, 10:54 pm
Apr 26th, 2018, 10:55 pm
Good morning/Day, all!

I *gasp* went into the out yesterday to see the new Avengers movie (this is a huge deal for me, for a multitude of reasons). Loved it and hated it at the same time.
Then I spent the rest of the day reading Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli. It's my new favourite book. It was my most anticipated book of the year and it met and surpassed every single expectation I had for it. I love when that happens.

I hope y'all are well and have had a good week so far. ♥
Apr 26th, 2018, 10:55 pm

If you're reading this, drink some water :)
Apr 26th, 2018, 11:40 pm
Good morning to the other side of the world.
On this side, it's COCKTAIL HOUR already :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Star... what did you hate about the movie. (No spoilers please... if so, don't answer)
I'm glad you are enjoying your book.

Stretton... Yeah, I wouldn't want to be naked for just about anybody, especially a building manager and side kick. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pj... as usual, cute ;)

Hello to all the regulars and lurkers
Apr 26th, 2018, 11:40 pm

Apr 27th, 2018, 1:12 am
Image hope all is well with everyone i am off to the chiro :lol: :lol: have a great day /night everyone
Apr 27th, 2018, 1:12 am

Apr 27th, 2018, 1:35 am
Evening everyone :wave: have some errands to do today then lunch with my daughter :D Hi bear, ice, john, star :wave: Stretton what a shame it wasnt hunky fireman I'd set off the alarm regularly :o :lol:
Good morning Matina and Pj 20c I'm in heaven, Pj if it's cool here you may get to light your fire yet :D Enjoy your day all :D
Apr 27th, 2018, 1:35 am
Apr 27th, 2018, 2:38 am
I won't say anything for spoilers, John. It was brilliantly done, there was just a certain spoiler part that I hated. Whenever you watch it, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Apr 27th, 2018, 2:38 am

Apr 27th, 2018, 3:07 am

Good morning, matina and Katy and Alessa!

matina, hope your chiro appointment helps. Haven't had my acupuncture for a while. Feeling better, though.

Katy, yes, it's only 11 degrees up here this morning, and I turned on my central heating for a while. Next week temperatures are supposed to drop to 3 degrees overnight. Enjoy your lunch!

Star, I visited this yurt on ANZAC Day. The lady who owns it sells 'suncatchers' and other similar items.

John, the Yankees have now won six in a row. I see that the Cubs aren't doing quite as well. :(
Apr 27th, 2018, 3:07 am

Apr 27th, 2018, 3:42 am
Lovely photo, PJ! Aw, that's awesome! I'm a bit jealous (in the good way, though). And I hope you stay warm when it's going to be colder. :D
Apr 27th, 2018, 3:42 am

Apr 27th, 2018, 3:49 am
Evening all :wave:

Stopping by to hi... hope everyone is well....just a brief visit today... time for zzzzzzz

enjoy the remainder of your day/evening and see everyone again tomorrow :D
Apr 27th, 2018, 3:49 am
Apr 27th, 2018, 5:46 am
I would like to know how many other Afrikaans people are on this forum
Apr 27th, 2018, 5:46 am

Sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places.
Apr 27th, 2018, 6:37 am
Good morning. Zzzzzz
Apr 27th, 2018, 6:37 am