Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 22nd, 2019, 1:54 am
Kathy, the yellow flowers are Forsythia. My photo is probably a bit deceptive, it's actually a pretty big shrub! The flowers are about the size of daffodils, maybe a tad larger. We have quite a few of Forsythia shrubs in our neighbourhood. The really neat thing about them is that they start to blossom very early in March, when everything else is still drab and dreary. Then almost overnight - tadam! - cheerful splashes of yellow everywhere :) They are not indigenous to Europe, but they seem to have settled here just fine :D
And no, I'm not good at gardening, plant names and stuff. :? For years I've been referring to these as 'yellow thingamabobs' :lol:. It's only recently that I decided to learn what they were actually called :oops:
Apr 22nd, 2019, 1:54 am

Apr 22nd, 2019, 2:20 am
Good morning/evening!

Hope you all had a great weekend.

matina: good to hear from you. Hope you’re feeling better soon!
Fox: thanks for sharing those pretty pictures. Forsythias sure look cheerful :)
Kathy: how are you & your family?
pjm: those multicolor leaves are splendid!

Something to sweeten your Monday...

Have a nice day! :wave:
Apr 22nd, 2019, 2:20 am
Apr 22nd, 2019, 6:51 am
hi all nice to see you all! i am still climbing up that endless mountain to attain what is considered "normal" health for me. It just keeps getting larger or longer like stretton's endless corridor, i am not giving up taking lots of rest breaks and nana napping in hallways, but slowly getting there.
i see the spammers still continue to spam this thread with book requests :? :roll: :evil: i cant wait for sherly to have a go (time for some meat sherlockx put down that chocolate bunny and sink your teeth into something a little more substantial) GO GET THEM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
on that note time for the couch and cup of hot tea :) :)
be safe and god bless you all
Apr 22nd, 2019, 6:51 am

Apr 22nd, 2019, 6:52 am
Hi alessa :wave: the family are doing well growing up very fast, all the best to you and mum :D Hey fox they are gorgeous flowers :D And I thought thingamabobs was a gardening term I use it all the time :lol: Pj are you well :? Matina all shopped out time to couch surf :D I'll help you get down that hallway no worries hugs :D Good night everyone take care :D
Apr 22nd, 2019, 6:52 am
Apr 22nd, 2019, 12:50 pm
Apr 22nd, 2019, 12:50 pm

Apr 22nd, 2019, 1:46 pm

Was away at Katoomba Hospital most of the day for tests. Am pretty much OK.

More tomorrow.

Good night, everyone!
Apr 22nd, 2019, 1:46 pm

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Apr 22nd, 2019, 7:12 pm
Hello, NFTS, welcome to TLWBTF! :lol:
I think you'll have a better chance of getting relevant responses if you post your question in the eBook section of the forum. :? In General Discussion, for example, or in Reading Recommendations, since you basically ask to recommend you some books on a very specific subject. :?
If you scroll through the two or three most recent pages of this thread, you'll notice that we rarely discuss here such admirable topics as the meaning of Life, the fate of the Universe and so on :oops: :) . Instead, we chat about hungry cockatoos, desserts, sports and other silliness :lol:. And kilts!

Speaking of which...next year we should buy this calendar wholesale, ladies :lol: (and gentlemen - we are an equal opportunity Kilt Fanciers Society :lol:)
Image Image

I can't speak for all the TLWBTF regulars (and irregulars :) ), of course. Maybe some of them are absolutely dying to discuss capitalism, globalization and the world order :?
Apr 22nd, 2019, 7:12 pm

Apr 22nd, 2019, 7:20 pm
Thanks for the tip foxrampant :)
Apr 22nd, 2019, 7:20 pm

Apr 23rd, 2019, 12:36 am
foxrampant wrote:I can't speak for all the TLWBTF regulars (and irregulars :) ), of course. Maybe some of them are absolutely dying to discuss capitalism, globalization and the world order :?

Ugh... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I DON'T THINK SO.
:D
Apr 23rd, 2019, 12:36 am

Apr 23rd, 2019, 12:47 am
Evening, John :wave:
I suspected as much :lol:
Apr 23rd, 2019, 12:47 am

Apr 23rd, 2019, 1:04 am
Hello everyone :wave: well let me see hmm,I'm sure to some people just not here :lol: those topics are interesting and yet are mind numbing for my poor old brain :shock: I'm trying to decide between Vegemite toast and cereal for breakfast :lol: :problem: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :lol:

Hey fox and john how are you :wave: :) Matina are you doing better, I hope so miss you here :D Good morning Pj I pray all is well with you :? Hello to bear and ice :D
Apr 23rd, 2019, 1:04 am
Apr 23rd, 2019, 1:59 am
Ha, NFTS deleted their post, and now my reply looks decidedly odd :lol:
Oh well :) I spout gibberish most of the time anyway :mrgreen:

At least I have Kathy's Scot to gape at as a consolation :D
Apr 23rd, 2019, 1:59 am

Apr 23rd, 2019, 2:45 am
I never saw the post either, but your post still made perfect sense to me...

Our discussions here are very different ;)

Apr 23rd, 2019, 2:45 am

Apr 23rd, 2019, 2:55 am

Good morning, everyone!

Just had a long talk with my brother and his wife in Maine, and got an opinion from the latter (a Registered Nurse) on all the tests I had yesterday at Katoomba Hospital . . . Guess I'm going to live!

matina, hoping you're on the mend.

Katy, another beautiful, warmish autumn day here in the mountains . . . now up to 19 degrees. Was down to 9 last night. Hope your Easter weekend was a good one. My brother's family had a big dinner with all the grandchildren in attendance (all under the age of 6) and only one son (the unmarried one) not in attendance.

fox and NFTS, yes, there are certain topics here at TLWBF that are very popular! One (that starts with 'K') I try to ignore. I'm working on a special app that automatically blocks all pictures that have a certain word in the caption. So far, I've failed completely!

And, as matina has already written twice, the wonderful 'Book Requests' forum is the place to go if you're looking for books.

Trust all the TLWBF regulars are well, and had a good weekend!
Apr 23rd, 2019, 2:55 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle