Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Dec 13th, 2018, 11:53 pm
Uh....

Of course I'm green... what other color should I be 8)
Dec 13th, 2018, 11:53 pm

Dec 14th, 2018, 12:17 am
Hey seb keep on trying it wasn't meant to be :wave: You'll find the right job for you I'm sure :D Congrats john it's not easy being green :thumbup: :wave: :lol: Hello all :)
Morning Matina love to you and mum thinking of you always bless xo. Hi bear and ice :wave: Good morning Pj very big storm overnite lots of flooding everywhere :? I hope you are ok in the mountains :) Love to the fuzzies :D Well I'm off to the hairdressers I'm looking a bit like Santa need a colour :lol: Be good all :)
Dec 14th, 2018, 12:17 am
Dec 14th, 2018, 2:03 am

Good morning, everyone!

Katy, yes, very big thunderstorm and brief torrential rain up here in the late afternoon. We lost power for about 40 minutes. Raining this morning but looks like clearing now. Enjoy your appointment! (I should see my barber soon!)

matina, just back from my weekly cardio rehab at Katoomba Hospital. Met some nice people there. Hope you're feeling OK.

Amazing rainbow lorikeet visit just before the torrential rains . . . common down in Sydney, they seem to be rare up here in the mountains. Took a shot from far away because I didn't want to scare them.

(Notice what the naughty cockatoos are doing to my front balcony!)
Dec 14th, 2018, 2:03 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Dec 14th, 2018, 2:10 am
Hey PJ someone took a crayon to your cockatoos!! :lol: :lol:
Dec 14th, 2018, 2:10 am
Dec 14th, 2018, 5:08 am
PJ glad things went well for you at the cardio rehab.
well stop feeding the freeloaders they will keep damaging your flu and your decking, :? :? :o :shock: oh and you can keep those colorful gang members too, :think: :thumbdown: :silent: :sick: that know nothing but death and destruction to every fruit tree known to man :roll: oh how i miss my slug gun!!!! :evil: :wink: :silent: :-P :lol: :lol: :lol:
kermit libations on the rocks please or iceberg not fussed either way. :lol: 8)
kathy coffee and cake please :D :D
I am home time to crash nana nap :)
Dec 14th, 2018, 5:08 am

Dec 14th, 2018, 6:16 am
Phew just drove home in a storm very scary :shock: since I have a little car and being stuck between huge trucks :? :( I need a drink John your up :D But for now coffee will have to do :D Matina kettles on

Oh Pj I didn't realise the damage those birds do :shock: maybe you should stop feeding them that doesn't look good :( Hope your doing okay with rehab :D Good night bear and Ice sleep well girls :D take care all bye for now :D
Dec 14th, 2018, 6:16 am
Dec 14th, 2018, 7:03 am
oh yeah yummy ;-)
Dec 14th, 2018, 7:03 am

Dec 14th, 2018, 7:37 am
Stretton wrote:Hey PJ someone took a crayon to your cockatoos!! :lol: :lol:

Best line of the day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pj... nice pics, even from "far away"

Katy, thanks for the coffee... I need it right now since I just woke up from a "after football watching" nap

SebHusPup... Don't let the interview get you down. The first key to getting the job you want is to actually get the interview, something which is difficult to do these days with all the online services screening you out before you even have a true chance at the job. So getting the interview should be considered a victory to begin with
But the real key is to LEARN from the interview. What could you have done differently? Is there something you didn't know that you need to learn before your next interview? Did certain questions throw you off, and if so, prepare and practice better answers for future interviews.
But most importantly, send the interviewer a PERSONAL THANK YOU for their time. While you may not have gotten the job, it's possible that more jobs will open in the future, and EVERYBODY remembers a personal hand written thank you letter from somebody that didn't get the job. This says tons about you that might not have come across in the interview and could help your cause in the future... Plus people who hire talk to people that hire from other companies, and usually mention getting a nice HAND WRITTEN thank you letter.
It doesn't have to be long or fancy, just a simple Thank you for your time and a "keep me in mind if another opportunity at your company becomes available"
In the good old days, I must have interviewed over a thousand people, and most of them I don't remember.
But I do remember almost everybody that took the time to send me a handwritten thank you even when they didn't get the job!

But enough with the lecture...
THE BAR IS OPEN LADIES

Dec 14th, 2018, 7:37 am

Dec 14th, 2018, 8:50 am
OH YEAH! thank you JG time for bed for me night night all!
I am off to Satan's tomorrow;-(
Dec 14th, 2018, 8:50 am

Dec 14th, 2018, 9:03 am
It's too late to be up, but I'm not tired. Also, wow, page 22612.
Dec 14th, 2018, 9:03 am
Dec 14th, 2018, 9:12 am
Welcome to TLWBTF binaryhermit
Hopefully, we won't scare you away

And yes, this has been running for a very long time
Hope to see you posting again

CHEERS!
Dec 14th, 2018, 9:12 am

Dec 14th, 2018, 9:14 am
I'm not sure what I should have expected, it's been running since 2012 and designed for people to post early and often, lol.

Anyway, Coke Zero Sugar is tasty.
Dec 14th, 2018, 9:14 am
Dec 14th, 2018, 9:20 am
Thanks for listing your personal poison
I'll have to remember to include it in future posts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CHEERS AGAIN
Dec 14th, 2018, 9:20 am

Dec 14th, 2018, 9:33 am
:)
Sorry, I'm a little awkward sometimes and I've been a little off recently.
Now if I only had faster internet, heh.
Dec 14th, 2018, 9:33 am
Dec 14th, 2018, 1:38 pm
Thank you matina and kathy for your encouragement, especially JG for your valuable advices, I really appreciate it. I’ll keep that in mind and put effort in preparing myself in future. I’ll be just like the husky bouncing up and down and chasing next opportunities.
Image Image

Pj, love the colourful cockatoos! They’re so beautiful!

And welcome binaryhermit! I’m new to TLWBTF too, and you’re not awkward because I didn’t sense any awkwardness from your posts :lol:

Lastly... congratulation to JG (and anna) for going green officially!! It is the recognition of you guys’ hard and wonderful works! I really enjoy playing SC :wink:

Today was another Christmas lunch party with my colleagues, here are the little gifts we received :D

Unfortunately, silly me, I won the lucky draw of two cash coupons in the party but I left them in the restaurant (at the floor actually) :cry: I dunno if I’m lucky or unlucky person :(
Dec 14th, 2018, 1:38 pm