Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Oct 22nd, 2017, 12:54 pm

matina and John . . . my brother sent me a bull moose post card!

I was quite surprised last year to meet two ladies at Leura Mall who had dingoes on leads . . . one a full dingo and one half. I talked to them and they said they were friendly, so I got to know them a bit (the dingoes, I mean). I guess I'd thought that it was illegal in NSW to keep pet dingoes.

Post card I sent my brother last year. Regarding the map of Australia . . . they left off Tasmania. And, of course, Alaska and Hawaii are missing from the US. But it gives the general idea . . .
Oct 22nd, 2017, 12:54 pm

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Oct 22nd, 2017, 5:35 pm
Morning All!

Short night sleep and back to work. May be quiet with the weather out there.

@matina - the wine glass/bottle (glottle?) is great. Need that for my sister-in-law. Not sure wine would go with Pig In a Blanket, which I also enjoy.
@johngriffen - it was kind of busy, as that was finishing about three of six acres. Relaxed by watching the new Beauty and the Beast. Quite good.

jT
Oct 22nd, 2017, 5:35 pm
Oct 22nd, 2017, 7:08 pm
Good luck with the weather. I feel guilty... You are doing work, and I'm just watching Football ;)

Pj... thanks for more animal pics. And the update on dingos!
Oct 22nd, 2017, 7:08 pm

Oct 22nd, 2017, 7:16 pm
almost at the end of this moving journey. all moved in and about 1/4 of the boxes left to unpack, and then i can sit back and enjoy my new home
Oct 22nd, 2017, 7:16 pm

Peace out!
Oct 22nd, 2017, 7:32 pm
Congrats. Most people I know never unpack the last 1/4 boxes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oct 22nd, 2017, 7:32 pm

Oct 22nd, 2017, 11:42 pm
Hi all a quick pop in i hope everyone is fine we are off to have our eye check ups be back later for more moving stuff around and cleaning im hoping i will catch the nbn guys and appeal to their better nature if they can help me set up the blasted modem tomorrowImage :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: see you all later :lol: :lol:
Oct 22nd, 2017, 11:42 pm

Oct 23rd, 2017, 12:18 am
Hey guys :wave: on vacation, just saying hi :)
Oct 23rd, 2017, 12:18 am
Oct 23rd, 2017, 12:37 am
Hello everyone :wave: hey belle have a lovely time and enjoy :wave:
Evening ice and bear :wave: Hi john how are you :wave: Matina good luck with the nbn install :? I hope they'll help you,pity our own handyman isn't available :lol: :? Be safe driving love to you and mum :D Good morning Pj big storm over night lots of rain
now the lawns need mowing :? it's good to see green grass again I hope your feeling ok :) Hi to Jt and slynch also :wave: big hugs to our other regulars :)diva, bookt, stretton :D
Oct 23rd, 2017, 12:37 am
Oct 23rd, 2017, 1:27 am
Good morning, matina and Alessa and Katy.

Yes, we had a lot of rain late yesterday afternoon, and on into the evening, but missed the thunderstorms, which I could hear in the distance. Has cleared now and is cool but quite sunny.

Hi to Belle and jT. slynch, I don't think I unpacked everything when I moved, about ten years ago. Some boxes are still up on my garage storage shelves.

matina, good luck in getting everything set up with your new modem. You'll surely do better than my 11 day struggle earlier this year.

Sorting through my hard drive, now that I've finished re-installing everything and re-thinking my backups, I've now found quite a few old pictures that I'd forgotten . . .

I didn't take this shot, but it reminds me of my travels down from Darwin to Sydney, a great many years ago. The 'desert' is so green in this picture that I think they must have had some recent rain.
Oct 23rd, 2017, 1:27 am

Oct 23rd, 2017, 1:36 am
Evening all :wave:

I can't believe the weekend is almost over... :shock: :(
Oct 23rd, 2017, 1:36 am
Oct 23rd, 2017, 2:48 am
Hi br bear . . . know the feeling! It's late Monday morning here! But Friday afternoon will be along again before you know it . . .

Oct 23rd, 2017, 2:48 am

Oct 23rd, 2017, 3:06 am
Hello everyone how are you all? PJ I feed the birds out back by the creek. There is an imposter there, will show you later.
When Blue was a sweet little boy, cough, he would make a Guy and take it down the High St and set up camp outside the sweetshop. As people walked by he would say sweetly "Please Mr/Mrs, Penny for the Guy" and they would give him a little bit more for being so lovely, cough, cough.
Do they still do Penny For The Guy in the UK? Probably Pound For The Guy now lol. Anyway on Nov 5th the Guy is put on the bonfire, this is an old tradition going back years for those that want to read ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night
Well I was looking forward to the new BBC show which aired last night called Gunpowder starring Kit Harington.... anyone else watch it and hope that it gets a bit better?

PS Lara enjoy your holiday
Oct 23rd, 2017, 3:06 am
Oct 23rd, 2017, 3:16 am
Blueram, these cockies don't say anything, and don't have any 'Guy' story, but just stare in my window until I give in . . . Happens every day . . .

I might have posted this a year ago, when I was having fun with various map projections. This alternative is just as 'true' as any world map, because there's no 'up' or 'down' in the cosmos, but it gives a totally different perspective on the planet Earth.
Oct 23rd, 2017, 3:16 am

Oct 23rd, 2017, 4:05 am
:o :shock: hey bluey nice to see you ;-) yes i downloaded gunpowder too haven't seen it yet was it any good??? :? :? :D
:o :shock: Yo! Brooklyn! how yu doin' :lol: :lol: (to be said in a Joey from Friends voice) :lol: :lol: it's been a while. hope all is well with you and yours. :D
PJ :D Bear :) JG :D Katy :D nice to see you all even if it is blurry still my eyes a still dilated from my eye examination. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
all is good im just getting older and BLINDER by the minute need 2.5 magnification for up close stuff :? :think: i am getting to the point i have to start marking which bottle is the shampoo and conditioner bottle in the shower with a permanent marker with a huge S & C :lol: :lol: :lol: lucky smart phones have and expand text size feature lol :lol: :lol: I totally rely on that now :D :shh: :shh: without my specs i am done for for close up reading etc for distance. I am great no change. :D :D
time for my nana nap before i get done for walking under the influence :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) without the alcohol where is JG when you need him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oct 23rd, 2017, 4:05 am

Oct 23rd, 2017, 4:46 am
Hi Wolfie yes it was good but I thought it would be better, still good nevertheless if you like period dramas with action.
you need glasses? I thought you drank straight from the bottle :D
Oct 23rd, 2017, 4:46 am