Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Mar 21st, 2018, 9:52 am
pjmpjm wrote:I had thought it was a small South American animal . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with you. The first time I heard of it, I thought it was nasty sea creature... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mar 21st, 2018, 9:52 am

Mar 22nd, 2018, 12:02 am
morning all I pray everyone is well. today shopping and lunch at the pub ;-) see you all later
JG i hope you eat those words and i do get triple pay :lol: :lol: 8)
Mar 22nd, 2018, 12:02 am

Mar 22nd, 2018, 12:17 am
Oops :oops: I forgot to check the thread later on :crazy: had a bit of technical nasties that I was fighting back...

Well Okra’s which over here is known as Lady’s Fingers can be made non-slimy very easily there is just a simple method to it...

Wash the Okras before chopping them, leave them to air-dry in Sun will it’s jot wet, or just below the fan if you don’t get that much sun :? Sometimes when we are short of time, we wash and drain water and use a cloth towel to wipe each one before cutting also your knife should be dry...

I find the wiping each one too tedious before cutting so I just leave them to air-dry one hour or so before I actually need to chop them...it’s one of my go to vegetables as one of the recipe it only takes exactly like 5-7 Mins to cook :lol:

One of my fave methods to make it :D
Mar 22nd, 2018, 12:17 am

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Mar 22nd, 2018, 12:47 am
Diva I'll give it a try thank you for posting that :wave: Evening all :D hello bear, ice and john :wave: I hope your all ok :) Matina I'm off to the shops while it's nice and cool and my knees are behaving :) I think Ill treat myself as well,fancy something nice :D Good morning Pj I hope you've recovered ,how's the neck and back :? Well it looks like autumn, our trees are finally changing colour, I wonder if the cockatoos will come back now it's cooling off :? Cuddles to Cosmo and the kittens :) Hugs all
Mar 22nd, 2018, 12:47 am
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:04 am
:wave: good evening all :D

just came from an eye appointment..was a bit nervous as I thought my vision was getting worse and might have to change ALL my glassses :( (yes, I have a few pairs X lots) :lol: but surprisingly my vision as improved .25 in each eye.. :o :shock: , so I can carry on with all my glasses as is :D
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:04 am
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:08 am
Erm, why don’t you get LASIK done and get your number removed...I know personally 10 people who have done that... :?
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:08 am

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:29 am
Ice - how in the world can your vision get better... (wants to know cuz eyes are going to crap... formerly 20/10 my whole life and having a hard time getting used to glasses)... How many pairs do you have? :o :shock:

Diva - my aunt got Lazik - both eyes at once and her corneas rippled and she was essentially blind... so I would be really nervous to get it done... maybe one eye at a time, do the worst one first... Can you get Lazik more than once on the same eye?
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:29 am
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:36 am
Those are the kind of horror stories that keep me from getting Lazik...
I've worn glasses since I was in third grade, so I really don't have a problem with them.
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:36 am

Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:38 am
Stretton my brother had lasik surgery he had worn glasses all his life, but he still has to wear reading glasses ,it is different for everyone :? I'm not sure whether you can have a repeat lasik it depends on the scarring or problems if any, I used to work for an ophthalmic surgeon he never did repeat laser but that was a long time ago it maybe more advanced now :)
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:38 am
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:40 am
Good point Katy... I would still need reading glasses either way, so why bother.
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:40 am

Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:43 am
Im so used to my glasses i would feel naked with out them. I was recently told i could have contacts now they are soft and easy on eyes not the hard contact lenses but i said no im so used to my glasses id be lost without them. Just like jg ive worn mine since 2 years old
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:43 am

Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:46 am
Yes, up until that point I hadn't heard of any bad things about Lazik but that scared me off, maybe as technology improves something else will come up... *crosses fingers* It's just that I was used to reading the smallest print, anytime/anywhere so it's been an adjustment... and glasses are a pain in the buttockal area!!!! :shock: :shock:
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:46 am
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:50 am
Those 10 people didn’t have any issues at all, all my ex-colleagues whom I know very well, it’s surprisingly well advanced here and cheaper too! My 3 colleagues from UK got it done here as well when they came to know of it...

My granny and grandpa both had laser for cornea and they didn’t have any issues at all...

I am unsure about repetitive procedure I don’t think any kind of that is good...
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:50 am

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Mar 22nd, 2018, 1:56 am
I would think that it would have to have a very high success rate, for anyone to consider it, if it didn't no one would get it done... just that the only person I know that had it done was one of the unlucky few... :(

If you can only get it once I think you would wait until your eyes were quite bad b/c they will go bad again eventually as you age... so if you get it too early...
I'm one of those people that actually like my glasses :lol: they add a little color to my face ,otherwise i'm just a pale white (and I mean white) girl :? i've never worn make up so they add the color for me :lol:

umm...stretton...i'll just say lots ... way more than the average person i'm sure :lol: but when you can get them really cheap online and a few other places then why not.. i'm still lucky enough to have single vision yet so it makes it easier.