Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Dec 10th, 2017, 1:58 am

Good morning, matina, Alessa and Katy! This picture of my brother's cat Chester, watching the snow fall, is especially for you!

Have been watching live web cam footage of the Maine snow, and I can assure you that it's a lot more exciting for people living in warmer climates than it is for the locals! My brother and his crew will probably be plowing from about 3 am until 7 am, at least. It depends on the amount of snowfall. Temperatures there are just below freezing, so there's always a chance that it will change to freezing rain at any time.

bomb, oh dear!

matina and Katy, three visitors coming today and it's a lovely Sunday here . . . already up to 21 degrees after an 11 degree night.

Hi to Ice and br bear.

John, I wonder if it's snowing in Chicago . . .
Dec 10th, 2017, 1:58 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Dec 10th, 2017, 2:14 am
evening all :wave:

pj the cat looks annoyed that he was interrupted by the picture being taken... :lol:
Dec 10th, 2017, 2:14 am
Dec 10th, 2017, 2:30 am
Good morning (and evening)! :wave:

pjm, that’s a nice picture of your brother’s cat. I would be annoyed too, if someome interrupted while I was enjoying watching the snow fall. And yes, it’s lovely when you don’t have to suffer the freezing temperatures, but there’s just something calming watching the flurries.

On my way to the Christmas show. I’m running late, so I hope I’m not in too much trouble! :?

Have a great Sunday, everyone! :D
Dec 10th, 2017, 2:30 am
Dec 10th, 2017, 2:32 am

br bear, the snow is really starting to come down now, and it looks like my brother is going to be out in the truck all night.
Dec 10th, 2017, 2:32 am

Dec 10th, 2017, 2:38 am
Wow that is awesome snow yes i love watching it fall especially at night when its quiet peaceful keep them coming pj
Dec 10th, 2017, 2:38 am

Dec 10th, 2017, 2:43 am
matina, I've been watching the web cameras and it's a beautiful, peaceful evening near my brother's house, just -1 degrees C. No wind at all. The falling snow is really, really peaceful. My brother and his son and helpers will start plowing in time to have the various businesses and private homes ready at 7 am. Start time will be between 2 and 4 am, depending on the snowfall. No need to do the post offices since it will be Sunday morning there.

Alessa, no doubt you remember a few snowstorms! Hope you weren't late for your Christmas show.

My latest orange and yellow roses . . .
Dec 10th, 2017, 2:43 am

Dec 10th, 2017, 2:52 am
Oh Pj I love looking at the snow falling considering I'm about to head out into the heat :? wish I was at your brothers, Chester does look a little irritated :lol: Hi alessa good luck with the Xmas show I bet the kids will be great :D Matina hope your ok enjoy lunch and the rest of your afternoon :D Bye for now :wave:
Dec 10th, 2017, 2:52 am
Dec 10th, 2017, 3:18 am
Katy, I got to know Chester (AKA 'Cheddar') quite well while I was visiting. He was a lot like Cosmo in many way. He used to wake my brother up at 4 am to get fed . . . Even Cosmo waits until about 7. Yes, I've been watching the live feed of the snow and it's very soothing. I know how much trouble it causes for nearly five months of the year at my brother's house, and how it makes life challenging, to say the least, especially for older people, but it's beautiful nevertheless.

matina, we've often thought there must be some way to get some snow into South Australia!

This photo was taken on either Mt. Lofty or Mt. Bryan last year . . . so it does happen in SA!

Don't tell me it will be 40 degrees on top of Mt. Lofty today . . .

Hope everyone else at TFWBL is well. Three visitors coming soon . . . still a beautiful day up here in the Blue Mountains, up to 23 degrees now.
Dec 10th, 2017, 3:18 am

Dec 10th, 2017, 3:22 am
beautiful roses pj :D I always have trouble growing them... not the right soil..

it was snowing here but has stopped just a little dusting
Dec 10th, 2017, 3:22 am
Dec 10th, 2017, 3:28 am
Brrrrr

It’s cold outside :lol:
Dec 10th, 2017, 3:28 am

Experiencing Some Health Issues, But Will Do My Best to Respond to Dead Links. Thank you
Dec 10th, 2017, 3:48 am
br bear and Belle . . . my brother is expecting up to 15 cm (6 inches) of snow, but you never know.

Watching out my sunny window, waiting for my visitors . . .

Am also waiting for matina to tell me how long it would take her to drive to Mt. Lofty next winter.

This morning's visitation of cockatoos on my front deck . . . eventually about 20 showed up . . .
Dec 10th, 2017, 3:48 am

Dec 10th, 2017, 5:07 am
well PJ you know Mt Lofty isn't far from me so not long at all. it normally takes about 15-20 minutes by car but with all the road works going on and traffic detours and traffic build up from the surrounding southern express way south road upgrade about 30 -45 minutes depending on the time of day
when we first bought the house i live in now in 1990 we had snow flakes fall for the first and last time ever.It was wondrous but not much for covering anything it pretty much melted on impact but is was still a sight worth seeing.
its 27 degrees today feels like 30 & the sun burns.
Dec 10th, 2017, 5:07 am

Dec 10th, 2017, 6:36 am
Good morning/afternoon/evening to all.

Thanks Pj for all your support in my sports thread and for getting slynch to post. Still, I'm not having much luck.
Only 4 people so far, and I'm running out of time. My brother is trying to keep a straight face ;)
I even edited the title to reflect free WRZ$... so much for marketing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ice, while you don't a TV, comments are still welcome (desperate plea for another poster :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

For all those "enjoying" the heat, we had our first real snow today. Only and inch or so, but still, it's starting to feel a lot like Christmas ;)

And I'm with bear... the cat DOES look annoyed :D

Alessa... I hope you enjoyed the show.

To Matina, Katy, Belle
HELLO LADIES
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Dec 10th, 2017, 6:36 am

Dec 10th, 2017, 7:56 am
John, I wonder if either Amill or Blue might have a sports interest of some kind. What about it, guys?

Here's a photo of our local sports field . . . weekend cricket and daily dog walkers . . . quite close to Leura Mall.
Dec 10th, 2017, 7:56 am

Dec 10th, 2017, 8:04 am
Here's a photo of our "local" sports field... Chevy Chase Golf Course
It's only about 200 yards from our front door (and obviously taken during the summer)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dec 10th, 2017, 8:04 am