Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 18th, 2019, 4:48 am

Good 'early afternoon' everyone!

Special hello to matina!

Stretton, I always have my organic vegetables delivered on Thursday morning, and just leave the money out on the veranda. Great to live in a 'low crime' area . . .

Katy, another beautiful day up here, and the picture shows that I had quite a few visitors this morning!

slynch, Yankees beat Red Sox again . . . and how about Gardner's grand slam, 'only' his 100th career homer?

Heading over to the pharmacy and post office soon, and may take a little walk around Leura Mall, just for a change.

Cockatoos are eating me out of house and home . . .
Apr 18th, 2019, 4:48 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Apr 18th, 2019, 5:07 am
It looks more like they are eating your home :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yankees and Cubs both win to move to 8-9. After the start both teams had, it's looking up ;)

I don't know how you two can have people deliver your groceries... I much prefer to pick out my own fresh stuff.
I just don't trust them on the meat, veggies and fruit

Hi matina, I hope you are better today.

Now it's time to pour a drink for the evening :lol: :lol: :lol:
Apr 18th, 2019, 5:07 am

Apr 18th, 2019, 8:50 am
PJ - I have a security door and they need to be buzzed in, but since I'm usually home it's not a problem... I get to pick a two hour window and they call me 5-10 minutes before they arrive... I can even order same day as long as it's before 11 and then they will deliver in the evening... :D :D

JG - Oh sometimes you can get stuff you don't expect, like today the zucchini were on the small side and I would have gotten four instead of the two that I had requested... but everything is always really good quality, if you don't like it, you call them and they will credit back your visa... if they didn't provide a good service, I wouldn't order from them, simple as that... there are a few 'misunderstandings' like today's grape incident, but usually it's fine... :D :D
I find that its more convenient, than when I go and get them myself... I have to take a cab there, then pick up the groceries, call a cab and wait for them to get there, haul the groceries upstairs, which means I can only get as many as I can carry in one trip, and my eyes are always bigger than my arms, so I'm staggering to the elevator and I have a reallllly long hallway, which seems to get twice as long when I'm carrying a heavy load... :lol: :lol: sooo much easier to order online at my leisure, answer the phone, answer the door... done... :D :D

Edit - boy I'm having trouble with Mobi - it was down for me for about 4-5 hours and now it's patchy... anyone else having problems??
Apr 18th, 2019, 8:50 am
Apr 18th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Stretton, yes, Mobilism seemed to have a great many problems over the past few hours. Am so glad it's back OK. I've found a couple of Twitter accounts linked to Mobilism, but now wonder if there's an 'emergency contact' site or whatever that we can check in such circumstances. Normally, I'd e-mail matina, our longest-serving TLWBF member, but didn't want to bother her because she's been ill.

John, I do love to see the Yankees beat the Red Sox. Let's cross our fingers for a Cubs vs. Yankees World Series!

Photo shows the view while standing at the end of my driveway. I snapped this shot at about 3 pm today.

Good night, everyone!
Apr 18th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Apr 18th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Well it's weird because when I look at Active Topics people have been posting all this time and I was able to access my pm inbox and was able to send pm's but I couldn't see anything else... strange... First time it happened I panicked and expected the worse, but now I'm okay and expect that it will come back, at some point... *knocks on wood* :D
Apr 18th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Apr 18th, 2019, 6:39 pm
Hello, everyone :wave:

Stretton, I think people were able to post because the site wasn't consistently down. I could get through approximately once in every ten attempts or so :) I also noticed that some sections of the forum were more responsive than the other. Anyhow, everything seems to be back to normal at the moment. Yay! :)

Pj, great pictures, as always :thumbup: I hope your test results are good and you get the all clear to drop some of your meds.

Matina, hopefully you will soon be right as rain and back with us in all your lupine glory :D

Kathy, is it just me, or have we failed to keep the faithful members of our little Kilt Fanciers Society well supplied with visual materials? :think: This just won't do.
Discussion point: Does it tickle? :?: :shifty:

John, what a horrendous waste of alcohol :o It's supposed to go inside, duh.
Apr 18th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Apr 18th, 2019, 10:59 pm
just popping in to say that i hope everyone has a nice week, and weekend. :wave:
Apr 18th, 2019, 10:59 pm

If you're reading this, drink some water :)
Apr 19th, 2019, 2:05 am
Hello my dear fox yes I've been neglecting our cause and that's not on soooo :lol: :lol:

I'm really really offended :lol: :lol:

Good morning all and Happy Easter to those who celebrate, it's Good Friday here :D Hi star nice to see you hope your well :? Matina I know you'll like our contribution to the kilt fanciers society it'll perk you right up xo :D Pj just ignore the above :lol: How are you, very cool here unlike poor Matina suffering the heat today :? We're having a Good Friday lunch with the family today, best wishes to you always :D Evening ice bear john stretton :D
Apr 19th, 2019, 2:05 am
Apr 19th, 2019, 3:24 am

Good morning, everyone! Good Friday here, and another beautiful, coolish autumn day in the mountains. Took the above photo yesterday, while visiting a friend.

matina, hoping that you're feeling better today.

Katy, as Sgt. Shultz used to say on Hogan's Heroes, 'I see nothing!' Hope you have a great lunch with the family. I had a nice talk on the phone with my son yesterday. He had been away on a three day koala research trip, just south of Brisbane, with a small group of experts from the University of the Sunshine Coast.

Thanks, fox. I'm hoping for good test results after Easter. Am now off the steroids and another med for my stomach, so am back down to 'only' eight! Fingers crossed . . .

Hi to Star and Diva and John and Stretton. So great to have Mobilism back up and working fine!

Apr 19th, 2019, 3:24 am

Apr 19th, 2019, 5:16 am
hi all just suffering a small set back :? :cry: :cry: i will be back soon although like stretton says that blasted corridor seems to get longer and longer just when i think i am in the home stretch BAM! something else hits me from left field, being female is not easy. :( :( :(
Yes that kilt offends me take it off take it off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Foxy lol :lol: :lol: :lol: discussion point could get kind of itchy & scratchy (but more than happy to lend a helping scratching hand) :lol: :lol: :lol: yes to the waste of alcohol (mortified) im currently watching the Jack Taylor series played by the man who was mother of dragons advisor ohhhh now he is a nice sortImage :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PJ be safe and to all Imagegod be with you and bless you all love matina :)Image :lol: :lol: :lol:
Apr 19th, 2019, 5:16 am

Apr 19th, 2019, 7:55 am
I just saw two Hyena running inside the city
Apr 19th, 2019, 7:55 am
Apr 19th, 2019, 8:04 am

Just took a short walk around my neighbourhood and through the local reserve . . . beautiful afternoon.

matina, good to see you posting. Hope you're back to normal soon!

Android25, be very, very careful out there!

Apr 19th, 2019, 8:04 am

Apr 20th, 2019, 1:58 am
Hello and Happy Easter Weekend all :wave:

Good to see you Matina I knew some kilt action would get you going ,bless you hugs xo :) Pj I loved Hogan's Heroes now we're showing our age :lol: I remember when you spent hours going over footage to spot koalas for your son's research :? He sounds like he's doing well :D How are you feeling and how are the fuzzies :) Evening to all our regulars :D
Apr 20th, 2019, 1:58 am
Apr 20th, 2019, 4:00 am
HI Everyone! :wave:

PJ - that's a beautiful tree, the colours are amazing!! :D

Hey Matina glad to see you're feeling well enough to surface... Jack Taylor is a good show, I think you'll enjoy it... :D

Star - good to see you, hope you're doing well... don't be a stranger... :D

I'm just enjoying the weekend (and my groceries), taking it easy and doing some research... had a good night's sleep last night hoping for another one... *crosses fingers*
Apr 20th, 2019, 4:00 am