Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Mar 22nd, 2018, 5:05 pm
OK. So I was looking through the depths of my website and I still have the scripts for the player's pin chooser there, as well as the pin checker and random pin generator that I wrote for Lara and Bookbanshee when they were running Mastermind. I could easily run the game with these. I'll ask about doing that, even though that would mean I couldn't play :(

In the meantime, I'd forgotten, I also wrote a 6 pin mastermind game for my own amusement, which is also on my website https://spiritofchaos.co.uk/mastermind/game.html if you're feeling nostalgic
Mar 22nd, 2018, 5:05 pm
Mar 22nd, 2018, 6:34 pm
we could run it together so that you can play some of the rounds too, and so that i could play some of the others. i'm hoping that someone else would wanna host it but not play it.

flawlessdreamer wrote:Im in for it too! I loved it :D

Also, maybe new rounds from
United colors of MOBILISM - Regular users rewarding
United colors of MOBILISM - Not-so-regular users rewarding

I always loved those two contests.

+1
totally agree, i'm missing the UCOM's too.
Mar 22nd, 2018, 6:34 pm
Mar 22nd, 2018, 7:00 pm
Maybe one of the Contests Mods can run it so we all can play it. :D Rain used to run it.
Maybe she can. Or Nonny, bear, or Ice can.
Mar 22nd, 2018, 7:00 pm
Mar 22nd, 2018, 7:15 pm
I'm the one that used to run it. Rain started it, but she passed it on to Bookbanshee and me, and then it was just me running it for a very long time.

The mechanics of that game is very tedious, and a lot of work went into running that game.
Mar 22nd, 2018, 7:15 pm

Experiencing Some Health Issues, But Will Do My Best to Respond to Dead Links. Thank you
Mar 22nd, 2018, 11:57 pm
flawlessdreamer wrote:Im in for it too! I loved it :D

Also, maybe new rounds from
United colors of MOBILISM - Regular users rewarding
United colors of MOBILISM - Not-so-regular users rewarding

I always loved those two contests.

I loved the United Colors contests, too!
Mar 22nd, 2018, 11:57 pm
Mar 23rd, 2018, 3:13 am
spiritofchaos wrote:
pjmpjm wrote:Let's just hope we get some more 'What's my Occupation?' players, so that that contest keeps going . . .

I asked a question! Though you probably didn't notice as it didn't contain the word Antarctica :D

Maybe I should start a campaign to bring back Mastermind, it was a nice game, and I could play it because somebody explained the rules to me :lol:

It's always important to rule out Antarctica at the very beginning of the contest, spirit!

Now I think I finally have the 'What is my Occupation?' answer, so need more guesses or have to wait for five more days!
Mar 23rd, 2018, 3:13 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Mar 25th, 2018, 5:50 pm
13Ice wrote:Regarding the contest Less or More...

It is YOUR responisilbity to check and make sure that an update has been posted before you start posting again, check the update post to make sure you are not out already out for an offence before posting again... continuous infraction of the rules will result in more severe punishment...

Since it's a real pain to check all those pages, I go on the assumption that it will close at least once in 24 hours and post only every 2nd day. So far it seems to have worked. :)
Mar 25th, 2018, 5:50 pm
Mar 25th, 2018, 9:17 pm
avoran wrote:
13Ice wrote:Regarding the contest Less or More...

It is YOUR responisilbity to check and make sure that an update has been posted before you start posting again, check the update post to make sure you are not out already out for an offence before posting again... continuous infraction of the rules will result in more severe punishment...

Since it's a real pain to check all those pages, I go on the assumption that it will close at least once in 24 hours and post only every 2nd day. So far it seems to have worked. :)

I'm glad you have a system that does work...we try our best to keep it as close as possible to 24 hours...but real life can interfere at times. What may take a person a minute to check (but don't) can add a lot of extra time to what we have to do.
Mar 25th, 2018, 9:17 pm
Mar 25th, 2018, 10:50 pm
I know it can't be exactly 24 hours, that's why I go 2 days. Of course, if it ever goes REAL long then I'm in trouble. If that starts happening I would probably just stop playing rather than create headaches all around.

And I do understand where you're coming from. :)
Mar 25th, 2018, 10:50 pm
Mar 30th, 2018, 2:44 pm
When Ice and Bear were made contest mods (for which I was happy and still am) this section achieved a balance between almost all the time zones so we all could have opportunities to play but now with Kat having to step down and Nonny being pretty much always absent that balance has tipped which is bad for the European and African time zones :(
And yes, I mean for me!
Mar 30th, 2018, 2:44 pm
Mar 30th, 2018, 2:52 pm
I do appreciate Ice & br trying to make up for Nonny’s absence, but they usually run their games before 8am my time. I would love to see more contests run during my daytime hours as well. I can only catch some games if I stay up until 3-4am my time or wake up very early. Nonny usually runs a few games in my afternoon, but with her gone, I get nothing at all during the daytime. It would be great if mobi could get someone to run contests during the day for Europe & Asia.
Mar 30th, 2018, 2:52 pm
Mar 30th, 2018, 3:03 pm
Nonny is on a holiday I believe.
Mar 30th, 2018, 3:03 pm
Mar 30th, 2018, 3:08 pm
Yes, she’s “On holiday”
Hope she’s having an awesome time :D
Mar 30th, 2018, 3:08 pm
Mar 30th, 2018, 3:23 pm
Now we all wait for some Nonny's holiday postcards :lol:
But on the other side I agree with Amill and Alessa :thumbup:
Mar 30th, 2018, 3:23 pm
Apr 5th, 2018, 5:19 pm
Would any of you be interested in a "Three-card Monte" contest? I would love to hear any feed back, either here or by PM.
If I could maybe find enough support that when the Contest Managers all return they can put their heads together and read what we think, we might have a new contest... and if we're lucky it could be run to be more time zone friendly. eh Alessa :D
Apr 5th, 2018, 5:19 pm

Life has ups and downs, right now I am not up.
Call me inactive and replace my posts as you find them.